• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis, Millsap, and Horford--the future.

bumpyphish1

We've just committed long-term to Millsap.  We need to do the same to Horford this offseason,  And, we're gonna have to choose between Dennis and Jeff.  Dennis is 5 years younger than Teague and from Europe (therefore, he is like 8 "basketball years" younger than Teague).  He can destroy on the pick and roll as evidenced tonight, Horford and Millsap are great guys to run it with, and he will only be deadlier when he gets a more consistent jumper.  Dennis, Millsap, Horford are what we need to invest in.  Jeff either expires and walks in two years or we deal him.  He has a beneficial contract but we can only afford to keep one long term--my choice is Dennis and it's not close.  I almost would like to see them trade Teague now, possibly sacrificing this season, just so we can get something valuable for Teague.  By next year, Dennis will be ready for the keys.  We need to consider those three our core and look to complement those "big three" with other nice pieces going forward.  Kyle will not demand so much next go round--maybe he stays to come off the bench; maybe he goes.  We need another nice big--Splitter isn't cutting it.  We also need another wing  off the bench--Tim Hardaway where you at?!?!

We're in a good place but if Tim Hardaway was indeed a mistake, we cannot afford another.

• Like 2

I'm not someone who posts a lot; any implication this represents a change of opinion is not correct.  Horford has never been "unpopular" with me.  He is our franchise as far as I'm concerned and has been since we drafted him.  Paul is really proving to be worth the investment but if we can get Horf at a similar price, that is stealing.  He is a highly efficient player.  He is better than Paul Millsap.  We will and should pay him whatever it takes but I think he'll give us the family "discount" and not make it too hard for us to retain him...I could see him taking a deal similar to Paul's...maybe for one extra year.  He is one of the most underrated players in the league.  We gotta add to this squad though.  I don't know who, but we gotta add another key piece.   

Edited by bumpyphish1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

I'm not someone who posts a lot; any implication this represents a change of opinion is not correct.  Horford has never been "unpopular" with me.  He is our franchise as far as I'm concerned and has been since we drafted him.  Paul is really proving to be worth the investment but if we can get Horf at a similar price, that is stealing.  He is a highly efficient player.  He is better than Paul Millsap.  We will and should pay him whatever it takes but I think he'll give us the family "discount" and not make it too hard for us to retain him...I could see him taking a deal similar to Paul's...maybe for one extra year.  He is one of the most underrated players in the league.  We gotta add to this squad though.  I don't know who, but we gotta add another key piece.   

Millsap > Horford. I think Horford will demand the max, especially with his injury history.

However, like KD, he probably could get a mega-max in 2017, take up 35% of the cap. This probably will be Horford's first and last big payday.

I'm somewhat familiar with the CBA but I wonder could Millsap demand a mega-max too since it'll be 10+ years since he's been in the league starting this summer if he opts out in 2017 or is the mega-max designated for one player? 

3 hours ago, JETSET said:

Horford's efficiency would fall off a cliff he was relied on to create his own shot or create for others like Sap is. 

Agreed, Horford just does not have Millsap's offensive repertoire. - He can post, face up off the dribble, 3pt shooting, PnP, spin move off the dribble....Al has his jab jab jabity jab jab.

Horford doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much and shoots a much higher percentage than Sap.

Their market values are virtually the same.  If I had to choose 1, it would be Horford.  

I truly have a hard time relating to anyone who doesn't see those three as the triad of our franchise,  I don't even worry about Al not getting a contract and I'm not sure he will gouge us--I bet he wants to win.

• Premium Member

Here's the thing...it was a nice win against Boston in the regular season.  However, if the Hawks pay Horford the max (this has been reported) they will be locking the team into mediocrity for the forseeable future.  With Horford as a center, the Hawks will continue to be a woeful rebounding team and that will always kill them in the playoffs against the elite teams.  This core is not competing for a title anymore than the 90s Hawks or the Woody era Hawks.  More years of Horford and Millsap as the 4,5 will just underscore how stubborn Bud is and that's not good for this franchise or fans who want to go after a title.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Horford doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much and shoots a much higher percentage than Sap.

Their market values are virtually the same.  If I had to choose 1, it would be Horford.  

I truly have a hard time relating to anyone who doesn't see those three as the triad of our franchise,  I don't even worry about Al not getting a contract and I'm not sure he will gouge us--I bet he wants to win.

Horford does't turn the ball over as much as Millsap because  he doesn't create his own shots. Horford lives off open jumpshots. That"s why he never gets to the free throw line.
Horford avgs more 3 point attempts per game (3.1)  than  Free throw attempts (1.9) lol
Sap (2.8 ) 3point attempts per game and (6.4) free throw attempts per game
That not what we need from our center, 

Edited by pimp
  • Like 3

• Moderators
On 12/19/2015 at 10:12 AM, hawkman said:

I promised myself that I would NEVER resort to gif or meme posting but reading the title of this thread made me think of this:

dfd4fee8b212c100e10efb6efe77159a.jpg

That's funny.  I just did a first meme today and it was mediocre at best so  you post resonates on multiple levels!

2 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

This is the whitest thing I've read all day.

White People

Wait, I feel slightly racist for posting that.  Who's y'alls version of Al Sharpton so I can go make thangs right?

4 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

Oh because I drink rumple you assume I'm white? I'm so offended. Can someone please get Zinga on the line, I think I'm a target of a hate crime/post right now.

My internet rights will not be infringed upon!

Whoa you getting Nzinga 'n them involved ...

Forrest Gump Running