• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else noticed how ruthlessly efficient and effective Schröder has been lately?

bumpyphish1

People are seriously complaining about what player that was chosen for a promo?  Like really? smh lmao. Hawks fans are something else

As a few have already pointed out,  we wont get good value for Jeff.  Its only a select few point guards that would bring back a lot in a trade and none are on this team.  The Hawks would either be selling low or have to add more assets to make him attractive to another team. I doubt either guy is moved this year and the front office will probably wait until the summer to make a decision .  The way Hawks fans act,  I'm more than positive that any direction the front office decides to go with, some will be mad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

He was a rookie that was not getting any playing time in 13/14, in 14/15, he was a Euro player that was getting his first taste of a very long American season and was basically a rookie then.

And I’ll say it time and time again, Shelvin Mack’s supporters COMICALLY overrate him. Mack is not an NBA player at all and those that think he is are just his fans.

Mack is a fine backup PG...

• Like 1

On 1/20/2016 at 2:44 AM, JTB said:

Pretty much this...Dennis just need to do it longer and he will dethrone Teague and have his ass on the bench.

But I've also noticed that bud has put Dennis in at the end of games because of his aggressive style which equals out to better defense. When Teague is passive I never want him on the floor....even if Dennis isn't efficient in a game of Teague plays passive I say play Dennis cause we know Dennis will leave it on the court even if he does make bonehead plays.....thats is pretty much what bud has been doing anyways.

THIS.  Dennis is fearless.  He has ice water in his veins.  He craves the big moment.  You can't teach that.  Teague on the other hand, not so much.

16 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Problem is, as Mace alluded to, Teague is probably more valuable to us than others. I think Dragic fetched a decent haul on an expiring (2 1st rounders), but the list of things I'd trade Teague (or Schröder, for that matter) is fairly slim. Only way I'm dealing one of the two guards is for a straight up superstar PG (Paul or Westbrook, basically) or a badass, all-star caliber wing player (Hayward, Gallo, Batum, if I'm dreaming even harder Butler or Melo). Obviously, that's unlikely.

I think swinging our supporting pieces for a wing upgrade and/or bench upgrade might be more worth it. Also, sitting on the capspace ain't the worst idea in the world either.

You lost me at Carmelo.  'Melo is a cancer that will NEVER win an NBA Championship.  He is selfish, a black-hole, and the antithesis to Bud-ball.

15 hours ago, rd79 said:

Teague became a starter in his 3rd year and his numbers before didn't look very impressive.

Dennis doubles them at the moment (but he shoots with a lower percentage)

I didn't see Jeff play in his early years and don't know how he looked on the court, but his numbers don't tell me why Dennis shouldn't be able to start for a NBA team.

I think he needed the first year to become familiar with living in the US. His 2nd year was more like his true rookie year (get used to 80 games) what may be the reason for his worse play at the end of the season.

One could say the next step is to do it the whole season - that's what I expect him to do now. But if he isn"t allowed to start at least next season I would say he is hold back and it would hurt his development.

But has to recognize he has two players who have the abilities and the ego to start in this league. The only chance to keep both is, to give Thema a real chance to win a championship. And I don't know how to make this happen without using one of them to close holes at rebounding or at wing in a trade.

Oh they could put a lot of money in the table for both since the have full bird rights but it seems new ownership doesn't want to pay a lot tax so IMO it's unlikely.

One has to be traded or at least one of them will leave the team for nothing once the contract expires. Worst case would be Jeff after next season and Dennis the year after (QO like Monroe)...

Yep.  Teague got a few years as a starter before he became what he is now.  Dennis's development would be expedited were he handed the starter's role sooner as I alluded to in this topic's original post.  Dennis is younger by nearly 5 years.  He's from Europe which only lowers his "effective" basketball age.  DENNIS IS THE FUTURE.  We better not F this up.

Edited by bumpyphish1

Feeling so great about Dennis and bad about Jeff.

Then, last night happened.  Wasn't so good for "Dennis the Menance" was it.

This is why we still need them both as Jeff had a great 4th quarter against

the Portland Trail Blazers.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

THIS.  Dennis is fearless.  He has ice water in his veins.  He craves the big moment.  You can't teach that.  Teague on the other hand, not so much.

You lost me at Carmelo.  'Melo is a cancer that will NEVER win an NBA Championship.  He is selfish, a black-hole, and the antithesis to Bud-ball.

Yep.  Teague got a few years as a starter before he became what he is now.  Dennis's development would be expedited were he handed the starter's role sooner as I alluded to in this topic's original post.  Dennis is younger by nearly 5 years.  He's from Europe which only lowers his "effective" basketball age.  DENNIS IS THE FUTURE.  We better not F this up.

Dennis is far more aggressive than Teague.  It doesn't mean he's far more effective.  And to say that Teague doesn't crave big moments, isn't accurate at all.  Teague has won plenty of games for us in the 4th quarters of games.

People forget that Teague's emergence in the NBA started in the 2011 playoffs.  Hinrich had a great series vs Orlando in Round 1, with Teague completely buried on the bench, hardly getting any minutes.

But when Hinrich got hurt in Game 6 vs Orlando, Drew decided to start Teague.  And Teague knocked the damn door down, easily being our best player in that series.  

Put Dennis in that situation, and he could possibly do the same thing.  It's just that Dennis has received far more playing time in his first 2.5 seasons, than Teague ever got.  Dennis is more of a Jamal Crawford "feast or famine" type of player, than a steady PG.  And when Dennis is off, he compounds that with bad turnovers.  Still, his future is bright as he continues to develop.

Carmelo the anthesis of Bud ball?  No way.  Melo would flat out thrive in Bud's system.  With the increased talent around him this season, he's averaging a career high 4 assists per game.  Only Lebron, Durant, and Nick Batum average more assists from the SF spot.

I like Teague and have become a Teague supporter over the years.  But the lethality of a lineup like this ...

PG - Schröder

G - Bazemore

F - Anthony

PF - Millsap

C - Horford

... would be tremendous, and possibly enough to get us past Cleveland.

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden, Gray Mule sagte:

Feeling so great about Dennis and bad about Jeff.

Then, last night happened.  Wasn't so good for "Dennis the Menance" was it.

This is why we still need them both as Jeff had a great 4th quarter against

the Portland Trail Blazers.

Jeff was 6-16 against Portland and played a messy 1st half where once he was subbed back in for Dennis, a 10 point lead came back to two. Likewise Dennis did so in the 3rd and early 4th. Jeff being the starting PG has the chance to shine and make up for things in the 4th, like Dennis did in the 1st and 2nd. But the 4th stands out and stays with peoples interpretation and imagination.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Melo has played great this year. He was a "chucker" under Mike "Iso-Joe" Woodson. Melo has always had a versatile offensive skillset, he just needed a coach to unleash it. What's surprised me this year is his defense.

I always hated his game but he's finally realized the dozen other things he can do at his size besides just isolation scoring.  

He just matured late, but the style of the PG he plays with greatly affects his game.  Kidd and Calderon are the most intelligent ones who have had an affect on him.  I'm guessing he didn't listen to or play together much with Andre Miller because his maturity would've come much sooner.  

Playing for the awful George Karl early on killed his hopes of early championship success.  He allows his most selfish players to run the asylum without any team responsibility on either end.  I always get people who swear by that man.  I can't believe those people have seen the supposedly "very talented" Kings play.  The revolving door of stupid mistakes his team makes reek of half-assed coaching.  I'm sure Derek Fisher has forgotten more about how to play team championship ball than Karl has ever known, it just took some time for him to get through to Melo, still a long way to go.

• Premium Member
On 20/1/2016 at 7:14 AM, Jody23 said:

The Hawks can't wait too long to make a decision on this as you don't want to risk a guy losing value, teams lowballing you because they know you can't keep both with both heading for free agency in some capacity.  My guess is they shouldn't wait past this offseason.  In the end, they will have to accept some risk in whether they choose to keep Dennis or keep Jeff.  

I wouldn't assume Teague's value is particularily high right now. It's a deep PG league, and Teague is not playing well plus his contract is up in one season.

I'm watching the game now, and I honestly think Dennis is better than Jeff now.  He and our second unit is where our advantage lies.  Maybe Teague is hurt.  But you will never convince me we should choose Teague over Dennis.  If they coexist for two years...cool.  But we better make locking down Dennis a priority over Teague.

I truly believe Dennis is the better player now.  He may be more error-prone, but he will only get better---both in his FG%, 3PT% and overall consistency and judgment.

Edited by bumpyphish1

30 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Neither guy has done squat so far tonight so what game are you watching ? smh lol . 

Hawks' PG play has been inconsistent. If only they had an older PG that could mentor Teague/Dennis not a scrub like Mack.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

On cue.  Dennis hits a game-tying 3 pter with 28 seconds left.  Jeff wouldn't have had the stones to take the shot.

Dennis!

Whatever, he has been terrible and should not have been out there ... Felt lucky that went in

8 hours ago, rd79 said:

THE JINX IS ON AGAIN!

@rd79 I thought of you :biggrin:.

Dennis can't seem to handle his own success.  Play nice and steady and under control, get praised,  then get a lil too big for his britches and just plays out of control.

• Premium Member
On 1/20/2016 at 3:24 PM, macdaddy said:

I'm not sure where in my post you got that i think little of Jeff.   He's one of my favorite players and I think he's friggin awesome.   My point (which i guess i didn't make well) is that other teams would probably be willing to give up a fair amount for him.     Maybe you're getting me confused with another post.    

That's a strong possibility.    All the Jeff Hate blinds you to everything else sometimes.   My point is that I don't think a PG will fetch much from anybody.  I can't point to a PGless team in this league.  Everybody has somebody that can do the job and I don't think that Jeff would fetch us more as a trade than he would on the floor.  That, plus, I just don't trust Dennis.