• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rebounds Per Game Differential

pimp

Last night's effort on the defensive glass was embarrassing .I had to see just how bad our rebounding is
compared to the Warriors, Spurs, and Cavs.
It ain't pretty...

Rebounds Per Game Differential Leaders

REBOUND PCT OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE TOTAL
RK TEAM OFF DEF TOT OWN OPP OWN OPP OWN OPP DIFF
1 Oklahoma City .300 .753 .538 12.5 11.4 34.8 29.2 47.3 40.6 +6.7
2 San Antonio .236 .806 .537 9.5 8.6 36.0 30.6 45.4 39.2 +6.2
3 Detroit .289 .781 .523 13.8 9.5 33.7 33.8 47.5 43.3 +4.2
4 Cleveland .254 .794 .524 10.9 8.9 34.1 32.0 45.0 40.8 +4.2
5 Portland .265 .774 .518 11.8 10.0 34.2 32.8 46.0 42.8 +3.2
6 Golden State .247 .752 .516 10.4 12.0 36.3 31.8 46.7 43.8 +2.9

30 Atlanta .199 .737 .471 8.5 11.5 32.2 34.2 40.7 45.7 -5.0

Millsap - 8.8 rpg  
8.8 rpg  -( #21) in nba _ ( #8th) among PFs
6.4 def-rpg -  (#21) in NBA _  (#8th) among PFs
per 36 mins-  (#74)

Horford 7.0 rpg
7.0 rpg - (#51) in the NBA (#29) Among  Centers 
4.9 def-rpg - (#57) in the NBA (#26) among  Centers
per 36 mins (#112)

The Cavs have 3 guys that out-rebound Horford . Lebron,Love and T.T
How can we beat the Cavs, if we can't even get a rebound after a defensive stop?
Bud needs to fix this by the all star break.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gopack10 said:

Worst rebounding team in the league...

You won't win Championships like that.

Well you could.  We're just missing a few pieces like 3 surefire Hall of Famers and one more running the front office.  We get those and we're good.

• Like 3

Just now, benhillboy said:

Well you could.  We're just missing a few pieces like 3 surefire Hall of Famers and one more running the front office.  We get those and we're good.

Ah, yes.  The Miami Heat.  Give me a guy like LeBron and I'd never look at a stat like rebounding again.

• Like 2

Wait a minute - what about all this I always read about Pops   system  that we run same as Kerr that you dont get many rebounds cuz ur in transistion and all of this.....so were the only one of the teams that runs this similar system,  that actually isnt rebounding, ok lol. I mean what is it??  I keep hearing ppl get upset about rebounds but analyst saying its not apart of what we do.  IF these teams that get back on def quickly are still getting rebounds, THEN WERE DOING IT WRONG.  and why is that not getting talked about and alway this thing with our system. 

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Wait a minute - what about all this I always read about Pops   system  that we run same as Kerr that you dont get many rebounds cuz ur in transistion and all of this.....so were the only one of the teams that runs this similar system,  that actually isnt rebounding, ok lol. I mean what is it??  I keep hearing ppl get upset about rebounds but analyst saying its not apart of what we do.  IF these teams that get back on def quickly are still getting rebounds, THEN WERE DOING IT WRONG.  and why is that not getting talked about and alway this thing with our system. 

Defensive rebounds.  We don't get them.  We give up alot of offensive rebounds to other teams.  A big reason, but not the only reason, is Horford is not a strong rebounder.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Mdizzle5 said:

I honestly feel that Bud just doesn't value rebounds. the Hawks teams we've had over the past few years have all been shitty when it comes to rebounds.

This^^^^^^^^^^.  

2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

This^^^^^^^^^^.  

We have a team full of "finesse " big men that  are here more for thier shooting ability than rebounding and defense.
Horford, Splitter, Moose ,Scott ... 1 or 2 of these guys need to be  gone, so we can bring in some guys that are willing to do the dirty work

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

That's the fallacy that a lot of people have bought into... That the Spurs don't rebound so we don't have to either.  Please.   Rebounding is important for every aspect of the game.   The other night I watched us give Sacramento 2nd and 3rd chances and eventually, they scored.   We're never going to be efficient enough to ignore rebounds.

• Like 1

The head dude from Peachtree just called Al out about rebounding on 92.  Good for him.

Also said he doesn't see Al retiring anywhere else and that Jeff should sit until his ankle's 100%.  I think Bud disputes the severity of Jeff's ankle issues and his ability to play better through it, among other things.

I was touting crazy Ivan necessarily.  It's just gotten so bad that this team is too soft and needs some toughness again.  Not too mention someone who can identify a rebound and grab it.

18 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

Again, there is an inherent difference between OFFENSIVE rebounds and DEFENSIVE rebounds. 

I'm not sure why the difference seems to be eluding so many people.  The Hawks elect to forego THEIR OFFENSIVE rebounds in lieu of getting back and setting their defense, same as the Spurs did.

DEFENSIVE rebounding is our issue, we are giving teams too many offensive possessions by not  boxing out and rebounding their misses.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Again, there is an inherent difference between OFFENSIVE rebounds and DEFENSIVE rebounds. 

I'm not sure why the difference seems to be eluding so many people.  The Hawks elect to forego THEIR OFFENSIVE rebounds in lieu of getting back and setting their defense, same as the Spurs did.

DEFENSIVE rebounding is our issue, we are giving teams too many offensive possessions by not  boxing out and rebounding their misses.

Yeah, it's pure effort and attention by the staff that we're lacking.  All the top 10 teams in rebounding aren't overly bigger or tougher than we are, same for some teams you'd expect to be much better in the bottom 10.

GS goes very small and still pays special attention to boxing out becuase their coach calls a timeout if there is an aggrgious failure.  Same with Pop.  

Offensively I never had a problem with getting back in transition.  But with failure on the defensive glass Bud just wants to rush back past half court in 4 seconds to account for the extra possession and basket we just gave up.  Unfortunately it doesn't work that way and we can't get away with trying to make up the difference with blocks and steals anymore.  The lack of fouls drawn from rebound action hurts too.  

I know Bud's an exceptionally smart guy.  I'd just like to hear to a man how he justifies our biggest issue going on this long.  I know he doesn't expect us to compete for a 'ship flirting with dead worst in rebounding.  It's like what's the point?  The fact we have a 7'3" guy usually sitting in street clothes is also puzzling, troubling, etc.

• Like 2