• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cleveland is trying to win a championship. Atlanta is not...

Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Per Bleacher Noel is the top trade chip.  If the Hawks do nothing at the deadline they're broadcasting the white flag.  Someone stated earlier and I agree: Edy ain't it.  We don't have time to be patient with Sap's prime.  

Meanwhile the rich get richer: the Spurs snatch Boban from our Summer League team and have turned him into a fan favorite. His per 36 numbers are 25 and 15. 

He was worse than Moose or Edy in SL, let's be real, Edy would be an All Star in SA right now

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Per Bleacher Noel is the top trade chip.  If the Hawks do nothing at the deadline they're broadcasting the white flag.  Someone stated earlier and I agree: Edy ain't it.  We don't have time to be patient with Sap's prime.  

Meanwhile the rich get richer: the Spurs snatch Boban from our Summer League team and have turned him into a fan favorite. His per 36 numbers are 25 and 15. 

It said Noel is our top target?  Per whom? For whom?

He's not worth anyone on our roster who's at a level that would justify them acquiring said player.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It said Noel is our top target?  Per whom? For whom?

He's not worth anyone on our roster who's at a level that would justify them acquiring said player.

Not for the Hawks, league-wide in general.  Cousins was last.  Had Gay in there like he always is.  

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Thats the trade i suggested in a thread about Teague and Dennis .  Teague/Taveres or Teague/Splitter for Noel.  Now, watch the Hawks make NO effort to acquire Noel.

Edited by Hawkmoor

What the hell is Noel gonna do for us? Dude puts up decent numbers for a BACKUP and we've got folks who want to trade Splitter AND Teague for him?

We need a trade, but that ain't it. If we're moving Splitter and Teague, it needs to be for a SF. That way we move Bazemore to SG and Korver on the bench. Tavares and Moose are good enough to pick up where Splitter left off. Mack or Patterson can backup Dennis. Hell, journeymen PGs are a dime a dozen.

If Milwaukee actually wanted win some games this season we'd make perfect trade partners. A trade of Teague & Splitter and picks for Antetokounmpo or Middleton would work for both sides. Giannis will be needing an extension soon and so will Parker after that. And I don't think they'll commit that much money to those two along with Middleton. Not to mention Teague and Splitter help them in positions of need.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

What the hell is Noel gonna do for us? Dude puts up decent numbers for a BACKUP and we've got folks who want to trade Splitter AND Teague for him?

We need a trade, but that ain't it. If we're moving Splitter and Teague, it needs to be for a SF. That way we move Bazemore to SG and Korver on the bench. Tavares and Moose are good enough to pick up where Splitter left off. Mack or Patterson can backup Dennis. Hell, journeymen PGs are a dime a dozen.

If Milwaukee actually wanted win some games this season we'd make perfect trade partners. A trade of Teague & Splitter and picks for Antetokounmpo or Middleton would work for both sides. Giannis will be needing an extension soon and so will Parker after that. And I don't think they'll commit that much money to those two along with Middleton. Not to mention Teague and Splitter help them in positions of need.

Really love that MIL trade and it's been one I've been touting all season.

On January 23, 2016 at 5:18 PM, pimp said:

You shouldn't  give someone a max contract because  you feel they should be awarded for past years. He's already been paid for that.
You give a max contract based on what you believe they will do over the length of the new contract.
That being said, no matter how up and down Horford is this season , the Hawks will pay him what ever he wants to stay here. So he'll get the max.
I just hope they figure out how to fix this  rebounding issue , Because Horford , Sap, Baze, Splitter and Scott are not getting the job done.
The Kover/Teague combo needs to be adressed as well.

But it's pretty clear horford is just trying not to get hurt so he can lock up that max deal

we know who the real al horford is...right now we aren't getting that player as often as we normally do throughout the season. I'm not really worried about the money we give al unless new owners decide to just be cheap moving forward

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

You've also been toking all season.  Only way Milwaukee touches that trade is if those picks are high lotto ones.  I won't say it is endemic to this board but fans in general always think it's perfectly reasonable to offer up their detritus for another team's leading scorer and franchise player because...c'mooooooon is a compelling argument?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRQD0tK8h0

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Thats the trade i suggested in a thread about Teague and Dennis .  Teague/Taveres or Teague/Splitter for Noel.  Now, watch the Hawks make NO effort to acquire Noel.

Milwaukee is not trading Giannis or Middleton 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Milwaukee is not trading Giannis or Middleton 

Well, they can't keep those two along with Parker. Someone's got to go. I'm not sure if they even view this season as being a competitive one, but if they want to improve their team, Teague and Splitter make a lot of sense. They don't have a legit backup center nor do they have a starting caliber PG.

1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

Well, they can't keep those two along with Parker. Someone's got to go. I'm not sure if they even view this season as being a competitive one, but if they want to improve their team, Teague and Splitter make a lot of sense. They don't have a legit backup center nor do they have a starting caliber PG.

What's giving you the sense that they can't keep them all?  Middleton is on what will be a league average salary for the next 3(+1) years which is on a declining scale to boot and is their leading scorer that can play both the 2/3.  Jabari is a 4/3 who will reach restricted free agency in 2 years and Giannis is a 3/4 face of the franchise that will do the same in 1.  Middleton is the grandpa of that group at 24 and Milwaukee holds all of their rights beyond 1 year, why would they trade any of that for an under performing  27 and 31 year old that will reach free agency after next season? 

This is Milwaukee we are talking about too, Greg Monroe is their biggest free agent acquisition in....ever.  Who are they saving the money that they supposedly can't spend on their young trio for instead?  You don't give up core pieces for a PG that isn't even starter quality anymore himself and a backup C, you're probably more likely to get Greg Monroe and MCW for that package instead.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kg01 said:

You have got to be kidding me. SMH

I love trades where the Hawks get a guy like Giannis and give up our scraps.  Why on Earth would the Bucks give up a player like Giannis in a league that is dominated by wings.  He is their franchise moving forward, so just stop with that scenario.

7 hours ago, MaceCase said:

What's giving you the sense that they can't keep them all?  Middleton is on what will be a league average salary for the next 3(+1) years which is on a declining scale to boot and is their leading scorer that can play both the 2/3.  Jabari is a 4/3 who will reach restricted free agency in 2 years and Giannis is a 3/4 face of the franchise that will do the same in 1.  Middleton is the grandpa of that group at 24 and Milwaukee holds all of their rights beyond 1 year, why would they trade any of that for an under performing  27 and 31 year old that will reach free agency after next season? 

This is Milwaukee we are talking about too, Greg Monroe is their biggest free agent acquisition in....ever.  Who are they saving the money that they supposedly can't spend on their young trio for instead?  You don't give up core pieces for a PG that isn't even starter quality anymore himself and a backup C, you're probably more likely to get Greg Monroe and MCW for that package instead.

Jeff is legit and starter quality when healthy but Tiago is a backup tweener center at best.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I just think we have a few players with value and the others are scrap.   Our mgt has put us into a position that we cant really significantly updgrade our team without sending a major player we have back in return.   This is what happens with getting your backups at the goodwill store that no one else wants.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I just think we have a few players with value and the others are scrap.   Our mgt has put us into a position that we cant really significantly updgrade our team without sending a major player we have back in return.   This is what happens with getting your backups at the goodwill store that no one else wants.  

Sadly, they may continue constructing the bench from the bargain bin if they keep putting more money into this core group.

10 hours ago, MaceCase said:

You've also been toking all season.  Only way Milwaukee touches that trade is if those picks are high lotto ones.  I won't say it is endemic to this board but fans in general always think it's perfectly reasonable to offer up their detritus for another team's leading scorer and franchise player because...c'mooooooon is a compelling argument?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRQD0tK8h0

In all fairness, I'm aware it's lopsided.  I'm saying I think it would help both teams in the longrun despite appearing one-sided on paper.  I'm aware of the values MIL places on the wangs I want us to acquire.  I'm not dumb to that fact.  Don't think you can lob those fancy words like detritus and throw me off my game.  I gots fancy book learnin' too ol' hoity toity mfer.

2 hours ago, gopack10 said:

You have got to be kidding me. SMH

I love trades where the Hawks get a guy like Giannis and give up our scraps.  Why on Earth would the Bucks give up a player like Giannis in a league that is dominated by wings.  He is their franchise moving forward, so just stop with that scenario.

Says the guy that wants us to trade Al, Teague and pix for freaking Greg Monroe?  C'mon sun.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In all fairness, I'm aware it's lopsided.  I'm saying I think it would help both teams in the longrun despite appearing one-sided on paper.  I'm aware of the values MIL places on the wangs I want us to acquire.  I'm not dumb to that fact.  Don't think you can lob those fancy words like detritus and throw me off my game.  I gots fancy book learnin' too ol' hoity toity mfer.

Says the guy that wants us to trade Al, Teague and pix for freaking Greg Monroe?  C'mon sun.

Makes more sense than the Bucks giving up their franchise player for scraps.  Let's not begin to compare the two trades regardless of whether or not you like the one I posted on here.  Yours makes zero sense whatsoever as the Bucks would NEVER do that.  The one SDS threw out there is much better.  Too many people on here overvalue what Horford brings to the table considering his numbers are down across the board and he's about to get PAID in free agency.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but we aren't winning anything with him currently, so locking him up to a max contract in the offseason absolutely WILL NOT help us.  And the other alternative is he leaves and we are stuck with cap space that we can't use since free agents don't want to come here.

Just now, gopack10 said:

Makes more sense than the Bucks giving up their franchise player for scraps.  Let's not begin to compare the two trades regardless of whether or not you like the one I posted on here.  Yours makes zero sense whatsoever as the Bucks would NEVER do that.  The one SDS threw out there is much better.  Too many people on here overvalue what Horford brings to the table considering his numbers are down across the board and he's about to get PAID in free agency.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but we aren't winning anything with him currently, so locking him up to a max contract in the offseason absolutely WILL NOT help us.  And the other alternative is he leaves and we are stuck with cap space that we can't use since free agents don't want to come here.

And please stop it with the whole picks thing.  One is a second rounder and of the two first rounders, one will likely be a second rounder since the T-Wolves won't make the playoffs last year.  So the only pick of value is our first this year, currently at #24 (http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft).  The Bud/Ferry track record with draft picks isn't very good so I'm not sold on his evaluation of talent in college.  Not a single player that late in the draft would help us next season.

31 minutes ago, gopack10 said:

Eh, I contend Monroe is a large reason why MIL went from an up/coming playoff team to out of the mix this season.  I also contend he's a large part of the reason DET went from out of the mix last season to an up/coming playoff team this season.

I agree your trade is more likely.  However, your trade is more likely because MIL has seen what Monroe has under the hood and have packed sawdust in the hot spots and are trying to pawn him off on some other unsuspecting dolt of a team.  Sign me up for none-a that.

45 minutes ago, gopack10 said:

And please stop it with the whole picks thing.  One is a second rounder and of the two first rounders, one will likely be a second rounder since the T-Wolves won't make the playoffs last year.  So the only pick of value is our first this year, currently at #24 (http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft).  The Bud/Ferry track record with draft picks isn't very good so I'm not sold on his evaluation of talent in college.  Not a single player that late in the draft would help us next season.

@gopack10

I suspect you meant 'NEXT' year.

The Minny future pick remains a #1 pick until 2020.  After that it becomes a 2nd rounder.