• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The biggest disappointment of this team...

Diesel

• Premium Member

This is not a gloom and doom post.   Actually, it's a thinking man's post.   The biggest disappointment of this team this year is not really Horf... or Teague.  I think we will be up to snuff with more time there.

The biggest disappointment is not even Tiago. 

The biggest disappointment is the fact that Moose hasn't continued progressing.

Last year, he was so much better across the board.   His shooting was better, his defense was better and it just looked like if we wanted to, there would be times that we could comfortably slide Sap to SF and let Moose run the PF... or give him some Center minutes and not be concerned.  However, right now, he's not doing as much as he did last year.  That's probably the most disappointing thing.  My hope is that by the end of the season, he has made himself into a worthy 2nd teamer and contributes mightly to our winning..

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, capstone21 said:

I think Scott stepping up hurt his progress

I would agree with you if his minutes were deducted greatly, but he's getting roughly the same minutes but his shooting is not as good.  It's like Korver's shooting effected his shooting just as bad.

Disappointed we didn't keep the big guy we let go back overseas.  I miss his taking, and missing

those three balls (although he did sometimes connect) and, when he set a screen, it was set.

Not too many "ran him over" or even moved him out of position.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is not a gloom and doom post.   Actually, it's a thinking man's post.   The biggest disappointment of this team this year is not really Horf... or Teague.  I think we will be up to snuff with more time there.

Last year, he was so much better across the board.   His shooting was better, his defense was better and it just looked like if we wanted to, there would be times that we could comfortably slide Sap to SF and let Moose run the PF... or give him some Center minutes and not be concerned.  However, right now, he's not doing as much as he did last year.  That's probably the most disappointing thing.  My hope is that by the end of the season, he has made himself into a worthy 2nd teamer and contributes mightly to our winning..

Good post. I had high hopes for Moose myself. Dont know if its his minutes or just done already reached his potential. In fact,  last year, i felt he was a better starter for the Hawks than Horford whenever he filled in for Al.  I say keep him though, he showed lots of potential last year.

38 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Good post. I had high hopes for Moose myself. Dont know if its his minutes or just done already reached his potential. In fact,  last year, i felt he was a better starter for the Hawks than Horford whenever he filled in for Al.  I say keep him though, he showed lots of potential last year.

You getting close to Diesel level with some real questionable Shaqtin opinions. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Moose been quite a scrub for awhile. Not sure why you're hyped on him. The biggest disappointment is Bud's  GM  skills or lack thereof. 

So let's examine Bud then.  What exactly did he do that you are disappointed about?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Jody23 said:

I'm looking at the performance of Teague and Horford, but the biggest disapointment is Moose?  No sir.

I will readily admit that Horf hasn't been playing hard and Teague has been inconsistent.  However, when you talk about Moose,  he went from a second year guy who shot 55% from the Field and 40% from 3 while grabbing 1.3 ORPG In limited minutes to  having about the same minutes shooting 46% from the field.  31% from 3 with about 0.6 ORPG.  That's a dip...  Going from the 2nd year to the 3rd year in the same system is when you usually find growth in a player.   To see this guy fall back is disappointing.

Sure Horf is saving himself for a contract.

Sure Teague is still hurt.

However, there's nothing changed about Moose except preparation?  Desire?

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I will readily admit that Horf hasn't been playing hard and Teague has been inconsistent.  However, when you talk about Moose,  he went from a second year guy who shot 55% from the Field and 40% from 3 while grabbing 1.3 ORPG In limited minutes to  having about the same minutes shooting 46% from the field.  31% from 3 with about 0.6 ORPG.  That's a dip...  Going from the 2nd year to the 3rd year in the same system is when you usually find growth in a player.   To see this guy fall back is disappointing.

Sure Horf is saving himself for a contract.

Sure Teague is still hurt.

However, there's nothing changed about Moose except preparation?  Desire?

We're talking about the BIGGEST disappointment right?  If so, it's not a guy who most should have known was a rotation player at best.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

We're talking about the BIGGEST disappointment right?  If so, it's not a guy who most should have known was a rotation player at best.

Well, talking about Biggest disappointment,  You should expect that Age and desire would be catching up with Bawse.  You should figure that being injured and splitting time with Dennis is going  to change what you see from Teague.  However, I know that many of us had hoped that Moose could be a guy who could be postured for 6th man on this team.   55% from the field and 40% from three?  Last years playoffs, he averaged 61% from the field.  What is wrong with thinking that he could be more useful to us with another season of seasoning??

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, talking about Biggest disappointment,  You should expect that Age and desire would be catching up with Bawse.  You should figure that being injured and splitting time with Dennis is going  to change what you see from Teague.  However, I know that many of us had hoped that Moose could be a guy who could be postured for 6th man on this team.   55% from the field and 40% from three?  Last years playoffs, he averaged 61% from the field.  What is wrong with thinking that he could be more useful to us with another season of seasoning??

Again, we are talking about BIGGEST disappointment right?  I'm not saying the guy hasn't regressed because he has.  But those who objectively watched him last year knew he was a rotational player AT BEST.  I'm not going to peg him as the BIGGEST disappointment while I buy the excuse factory for the guys who many feel we just can't do without.  The guys who will be demanding all the money.  The same guys who haven't been getting it done.

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't know what's wrong with Moose. He played good last season.

I am very disappointed in Muscala but the biggest has to be Al.  

Mike is smart with some nice skills, but defensively he makes scrubs into Jermaine O'Neal.  I thought the plan was to pack the pounds on him and see what happens.  The staff had better things to concern themselves with like how they could be even worse on the glass.

On 1/23/2016 at 5:18 PM, NBASupes said:

Moose been quite a scrub for awhile. Not sure why you're hyped on him. The biggest disappointment is Bud's  GM  skills or lack thereof. 

Hawks' GM is Wes Wilcox.....

4 hours ago, hazer said:

Hawks' GM is Wes Wilcox.....

We all know who the GM, but we also know Bud has say in personnel as well.  They are a bad combo and are the sole reason why this team will never compete.

Edited by Alex