• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

(Consolidated Teag/Den Rumors) Hawks Asking For Trade Offers For Either Jeff Teague, Dennis Schröder

Wurider05

The Atlanta Hawks have been reportedly soliciting offers from other teams on Jeff Teague or Dennis Schröder. 

The Hawks have more recently been focusing upon Teague as the deadline nears.

Schröder will be a restricted free agent in 2017, while Teague's deal comes up that year.

Rumors might be true but its kind of confusing that they don't know who they want to  keep and that they both are on the block.  Dennis is the one you keep if you ask me.  He is the superior playmaker of the 2.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dennis trade value isn't near Jeff and he going to be better in the future. So it makes clear sense to keep him over Jeff.

Agree to an extent. The only way I say I disagree is if Dennis offers do turn out to be more impressive, I'd probably deal him and keep Jeff. They're pretty comparable when healthy, etc. Teague is hurt all the time though.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dennis trade value isn't near Jeff and he going to be better in the future. So it makes clear sense to keep him over Jeff.

I would think Dennis being better in the future and waay cheaper as well as the team getting to control him in two years would make him a lot more valuable.   Other than for the Knicks or Rockets who clearly should be trying to trade for Teague right now.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I would think Dennis being better in the future and waay cheaper as well as the team getting to control him in two years would make him a lot more valuable.   Other than for the Knicks or Rockets who clearly should be trying to trade for Teague right now.  

Really just think it depends on the team. I'd be hitting up Orlando for some of their young guns. Dipo or Gordon would be pretty sweet.

Edit: Schröder might fetch a nice haul from Philly, for example.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Hawks President of Basketball Operations and head coach Mike Budenholzer said recently that no trade involving his team is imminent as the NBA deadline approaches next month.

Reports surfaced Wednesday that the Hawks, through rival executives, have listened to several offers for point guards Jeff Teague and Dennis Schröder. Yahoo Sports reported that Teague has been the focus of late. ESPN reported that the Knicks are one teams to have discussions regarding Teague.

“I would say we continue to like our team and believe in the team,” Budenholzer told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I don’t think we’ve been as consistent as we’d like. I think, collectively we haven’t and probably individually we haven’t. But I wouldn’t say anything is in line or imminent or anything like that at all.”

The NBA trade deadline is Feb. 18.

For the Hawks, Al Horford and Kent Bazemore will become unrestricted free agents at the end of the season. Teague is under contract through next season at cap-friendly $8 million per season. Schröder is under contract with a qualifying offer through 2017-18.

Trade discussions are a normal part of the NBA, especially near the deadline as all teams at least listen to offers.

The Hawks are currently third in the Eastern Conference with a 27-19 record. They trail only the Cavaliers (5-1/2 games) and the Raptors (3 games). They are largely intact from the team that advanced to the Eastern Conference finals last season.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basketball/budenholzer-no-trade-imminent/nqDJC/?icmp=ajc_internallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral

Teague - Afflalo is a straight up swap contract wise.  It's kind of weird. 

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Not a fan of the Afflalo swap. Don't think NY has the assets, unless they're looking to deal Melo. The salaries make that difficult.

I'd be looking at Utah, Chicago, Orlando, Denver if they're willing to deal Gallo, if we're trading a PG. Otherwise, I'd see if we can make a play for a decent SF with our depth pieces and keep the 2 PGs.

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Afflalo falls in the category of pieces that'd be nice to add to our existing team but not good enough to really help us if we traded someone to get him though.

NY isn't really a good trade partner match for us.

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Rumor's per Mannix who's a fairly reputable NBA guy.

Dennis is an easy 'keep'.  Jeff to Utah for Hood?  Make the dollahs work somehow.

Rodney Hood is 100% overrated on this site. We would be more disappointed in this than we were with the Tim Hardaway trade

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Really just think it depends on the team. I'd be hitting up Orlando for some of their young guns. Dipo or Gordon would be pretty sweet.

Edit: Schröder might fetch a nice haul from Philly, for example.

Philly fans don't like the idea of trading assets like their pick, Okafor or Noel for Dennis. They want to trade Covington which does not move the needle if you wanted McDermott from Chicago much less Dennis from Atlanta. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rodney Hood is 100 overrated on this site. We would be more disappointed in this than we were with the Tim Hardaway trade

Burks is good when he's not hurt, but really Hayward is the one we want over there and I don't think they're dealing him.

• Like 1

Philly fans don't like the idea of trading assets like their pick, Okafor or Noel for Dennis. They want to trade Covington which does not move the needle if you wanted McDermott from Chicago much less Dennis from Atlanta. 

I would only deal Dennis for one of those guys or a pick. Covington would be nice though. Getting something like Gibson/McDermott/1st for Teague isn't ideal but isn't awful either, IMO. Think McD would look good with us.

Edit: You know, if we could land Parker, Giannis or Middleton for one of our guards that would be sweet, too. Also unlikely.

Edited by TheFuzz

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rodney Hood is 100% overrated on this site. We would be more disappointed in this than we were with the Tim Hardaway trade

Really?  He always seems like he'd be a good fit here.  Then again, that opinion could be fueled by him usually being the dial-a-scrub that goes off on us whenever we play.

Got any good wang targets for us using Jeff?  And if you say Nic Stauskas or McLemore I might cancel my account.

Just now, kg01 said:

Really?  He always seems like he'd be a good fit here.  Then again, that opinion could be fueled by him usually being the dial-a-scrub that goes off on us whenever we play.

Got any good wang targets for us using Jeff?  And if you say Nic Stauskas or McLemore I might cancel my account.

He's a solid fit but not for an all star talent. Maybe for our pick and Mike Scott.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Jabari Parker

Aaron Gordon 

Mario Hezonja 

Jahlil Okafor

Danilo Gallinari which is unlikely. 

That's Jeff's value to me ideally speaking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Jabari Parker

Aaron Gordon 

Mario Hezonja 

Jahlil Okafor

Danilo Gallinari which is unlikely. 

That's Jeff's value to me ideally speaking. 

Whew.  "Ideally" is the operative word.  I could see the ORL 2 being had but they're not going to give up on Peyton at this point are they?

Too soon on Okafor too.  Parker's interesting IMHO and I'd do that in a heartbeat.

On Hood, I was kinda assuming UT would have to sweeten the deal to make it more even for us?

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whew.  "Ideally" is the operative word.  I could see the ORL 2 being had but they're not going to give up on Peyton at this point are they?

Too soon on Okafor too.  Parker's interesting IMHO and I'd do that in a heartbeat.

On Hood, I was kinda assuming UT would have to sweeten the deal to make it more even for us?

They would need to sweeten the deal a lot. Burks and Hood would be solid. Doesn't solve issues but it at least has value which is good but if we want to resign Al, we need a good trade on this. At least a Parker trade has potential. 

• Like 1

They would need to sweeten the deal a lot. Burks and Hood would be solid. Doesn't solve issues but it at least has value which is good but if we want to resign Al, we need a good trade on this. At least a Parker trade has potential. 

Sorry but I don't get how Parker makes sense when we have sap and horford. Only player from the Bucks that make sense is Greek Freak.

oh and Burks and hood is a good start to something new 

Edited by JTB