• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

(Consolidated Teag/Den Rumors) Hawks Asking For Trade Offers For Either Jeff Teague, Dennis Schröder

Wurider05

• Premium Member

I dont really see us making a trade unless it nets a BIG return.  Jeff Teague is as talented as they come.......in the Nuggets game the other night he was awesome.  He just isnt consistent but there are teams out there drooling to get him.  

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We already got this thread and no, you are false by your own article you posted. Ahf, delete this thread.

I'm false by what now? This is where it helps to actually group words together to make a sentence.

• Admin

I would like a Noel /Ish Smith/Landry  for Teague/Hardeway/Moose  

Noel gives us a rebounding big off the bench to fill in for Al/Paul and Ish provides our backup PG duties ... 

Philly gets a quality lead guard to help run that team with experience ... they have a plethora of bigs and probably Ben Simmons in the draft so one of their bigs got to go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Burks and bazemore starting is a lot of length. I think Burks can rebound so him at the 3 wouldn't be bad at all

I think the idea was as a replacement for Bazemore if the Hawks arent5 willing to pay his asking price which means they'd have to be willing to go after a FA small forward like Batum or Harrison Barnes.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think the idea was as a replacement for Bazemore if the Hawks arent5 willing to pay his asking price which means they'd have to be willing to go after a FA small forward like Batum or Harrison Barnes.

I read that but I think Burks has some sf ability. I'd like to go after baum or Barnes but I think Burks contract is better value imo. The other 2 are about to break the bank. 

3 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Agree to an extent. The only way I say I disagree is if Dennis offers do turn out to be more impressive, I'd probably deal him and keep Jeff. They're pretty comparable when healthy, etc. Teague is hurt all the time though.

I think the team is getting to be more concerned about Jeff's ankles.

8 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I read that but I think Burks has some sf ability. I'd like to go after baum or Barnes but I think Burks contract is better value imo. The other 2 are about to break the bank. 

Batum and Barnes are legitimate sized SFs who can rebound  - that's ideal for us.

Size does matter.

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Sorry but I don't get how Parker makes sense when we have sap and horford. Only player from the Bucks that make sense is Greek Freak.

oh and Burks and hood is a good start to something new 

Horford needs to go. He is declining and he has put his personal agenda ahead of the team. He is not a team first player.

• Like 1

The Knicks just don't have what it takes to land a player of Teague's caliber without Melo or KP, it ain't happening. However, there ARE deals out there that are appealing to varying degrees for Teague. I think it's Schröder's time though. Problem is, we need something good for Teague. Either a big upgrade at the 2 or 3, or a decent wing + a decent big. Or Chris Paul, if he becomes available...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

The Knicks just don't have what it takes to land a player of Teague's caliber without Melo or KP, it ain't happening. However, there ARE deals out there that are appealing to varying degrees for Teague. I think it's Schröder's time though. Problem is, we need something good for Teague. Either a big upgrade at the 2 or 3, or a decent wing + a decent big. Or Chris Paul, if he becomes available...

I was with you until Chris Paul...lol

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Help with what?

I don't know, but there's a coupla Teague/Hawk-related threads that are woefully in need of some actual Hawk-fan insight.

I saw a freakin' UT trade of Booker/picks-for-Teague.  Geez that's bad.  Another had us trading Teague/Thabo and getting back MCW, Otto Porter and OJ Mayo.

Oh and of course, the Knicks fans are out in full force.  How 'bout Teague/Horford for Afflalo and Lopez?  Yeah, yeah, that's worx.

I eventually poked my eyes out.  Not sure how I typed this.

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I would think Dennis being better in the future and waay cheaper as well as the team getting to control him in two years would make him a lot more valuable.   Other than for the Knicks or Rockets who clearly should be trying to trade for Teague right now.  

THIS.  Dennis is definitely more valuable unless you are one of a very few teams...and are pretty confident you can re-sign Jeff without breaking the bank.  

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They would need to sweeten the deal a lot. Burks and Hood would be solid. Doesn't solve issues but it at least has value which is good but if we want to resign Al, we need a good trade on this. At least a Parker trade has potential. 

I like the angle that it helps re-sign Al.  Absolutely does.  When you say, "we need a good trade on this", obviously everyone wants a "good trade".  We need a trade though, period.  Deal Teague while we still can.  I'd take something like a mid-first round pick and a good role player.   If we can get a young player that fits here, all the better.

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

The writing seems like it's on the wall that Jeff is gone.  The deal could be signed and publicized, Bud will still deny it.

Hope you're right.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Let's be clear, starting with a flawed unit is different than playing with a strong bench.

Eh.  Implying Dennis looks better because he's playing with the second unit?  He's been closing out the fourth quarter in close games.  Still looks tons better to me.

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I think the team is getting to be more concerned about Jeff's ankles.

Interesting.

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Horford needs to go. He is declining and he has put his personal agenda ahead of the team. He is not a team first player.

Plain dumb.  Horford is nothing if not a team player and unselfish guy--always has been.  Worst post I've seen in months.

17 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ha.  Right?  That was a compelling post until CP3.

21 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Top 10 player, borderline top 5, can shoot, pass, defend at the highest level. No offense, but with the amount of hate I've seen him and (to a lesser extent) Melo take over the years, well, let's just say I'm glad Bud is in charge. You can say he's never made it out of the 2nd round, but his teams have never been that great outside of him and (recently) Blake. Plus he runs into good teams. Paul flops, sure, but he's EASILY the third best PG in the NBA, right there with Westbrook.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't know, but there's a coupla Teague/Hawk-related threads that are woefully in need of some actual Hawk-fan insight.

I saw a freakin' UT trade of Booker/picks-for-Teague.  Geez that's bad.  Another had us trading Teague/Thabo and getting back MCW, Otto Porter and OJ Mayo.

Oh and of course, the Knicks fans are out in full force.  How 'bout Teague/Horford for Afflalo and Lopez?  Yeah, yeah, that's worx.

I eventually poked my eyes out.  Not sure how I typed this.

Real GM makes you want to rip your hair with so many one sided deals that make no sense for us whatsoever