• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

• Premium Member

2 trades that comes to mind.

1.  Trade with Orlando:

I wonder if Aaron's Dunk contest showing has made Harris more expendable?  I think it has.

Horf/Scott for Harris/Smith

I can see us wanting Tobais Smith.  I think he has the making to be a Leonard for us.  The only thing is that he hasn't developed a consistent three point shot.  However, his ability to hit the standstill 2 and the runner puts him in a good place. 

2.  Trade with Boston:

I believe I know why Mannix says that we ask for too much.  First of all let's clear up some of this rumor.  We're not dealing them Teague unless they first give up Isaiah Thomas.  I don't see that happen unless they use him to get Kevin Love.  In the three way with Cleveland and NY, they could send Thomas to NY as part of a deal to get Kevin Love?  But that's not where I'm fishing here.  I'm fishing where I think Bud would fish and that's Jae Crowder.  I think Crowder's a great fit for us.  He's a three and D guy.   He's got potential to be a star in our offense.  So What I believe Mannix felt was too much was:  Horf /Scott for Crowder/Sullenger/Jerebko.  The thing is that I don't think that Bud would care about draft picks right now.  I think that what he would care about would be players that fit. 

If you all noticed, I didn't pick a star C for Horf.  Mainly because I don't think Bud cares about the C position as being traditional.  He just needs somebody who can defend that position.  We have Eddy in the wings.  He's not going to be ready for a while but In trade 2, a guy like Sullinger would be right down the alley.  I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a play for Mozgov is Cleveland goes into panic mode.

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

2 trades that comes to mind.

1.  Trade with Orlando:

I wonder if Aaron's Dunk contest showing has made Harris more expendable?  I think it has.

Horf/Scott for Harris/Smith

I can see us wanting Tobais Smith.  I think he has the making to be a Leonard for us.  The only thing is that he hasn't developed a consistent three point shot.  However, his ability to hit the standstill 2 and the runner puts him in a good place. 

2.  Trade with Boston:

I believe I know why Mannix says that we ask for too much.  First of all let's clear up some of this rumor.  We're not dealing them Teague unless they first give up Isaiah Thomas.  I don't see that happen unless they use him to get Kevin Love.  In the three way with Cleveland and NY, they could send Thomas to NY as part of a deal to get Kevin Love?  But that's not where I'm fishing here.  I'm fishing where I think Bud would fish and that's Jae Crowder.  I think Crowder's a great fit for us.  He's a three and D guy.   He's got potential to be a star in our offense.  So What I believe Mannix felt was too much was:  Horf /Scott for Crowder/Sullenger/Jerebko.  The thing is that I don't think that Bud would care about draft picks right now.  I think that what he would care about would be players that fit. 

If you all noticed, I didn't pick a star C for Horf.  Mainly because I don't think Bud cares about the C position as being traditional.  He just needs somebody who can defend that position.  We have Eddy in the wings.  He's not going to be ready for a while but In trade 2, a guy like Sullinger would be right down the alley.  I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a play for Mozgov is Cleveland goes into panic mode.

If ORL ups Gordon's value based on anything that happened in the dunk contest they're idiots.

There's nothing 'star-powerish' about Jae Crowder in anyone's offense.

Just now, kg01 said:

If ORL ups Gordon's value based on anything that happened in the dunk contest they're idiots.

There's nothing 'star-powerish' about Jae Crowder in anyone's offense.

Diesel wrote the same trades in the trade board. Of course to the chagrin of everyone as usual.

• Moderators

Here is a hot rumor according to ESPN's Brian Doolittle:

Jeff Teague
This one is fresh off the rumor mill. A trade of Jose Calderon and a sweetener (Langston Galloway and/or Jerian Grant) might make sense for the Hawks.

Now for the problems: The Knicks rank dead last in drives per game and 29th in pick-and-roll opportunities. That's the triangle at work, while Teague is a penetrator. Teague could play the triangle, but maybe the larger question is whether he'd want to, as well as whether he really fits what the Knicks want to do.

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/14761176/new-york-knicks-top-trade-targets-assets-nba

Wow that's some good reporting!  I'm sure we are really all about Teague for Calderon.  With a sweetner like someone NY will cut in the offseason anyway (Galloway).  

elizabeth-banks-ok-gif.gif.pagespeed.ce.

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/14761176/new-york-knicks-top-trade-targets-assets-nba

Wow that's some good reporting!  I'm sure we are really all about Teague for Calderon.  With a sweetner like someone NY will cut in the offseason anyway (Galloway).  

elizabeth-banks-ok-gif.gif.pagespeed.ce.

When I first read that I had to fight the vomit back down.  So basically the rumor has us trading an all-star (FWIW) PG for 2 guys who have tremendously negative trade value?  Like you said, Galloway is likely to be cut!  That's like BOS apparently thinking we'd trade them Horford for freaking David Lee who can't get off their bench.  Really?!  He's going to be bought out, you dummies.  We're not idiots.

What does one have to do in order to be considered an eggspert nowadays?  It's like these major-market clowns just sit back and think, "Well, of course the Hawks want to help the Celts/Knicx/Cavs get better.  Trade Horford to BOS, Korver to CLE and Teague to NYK!  Take back scraps and hope the picks pan out!  Yep, makes sense."

ETA: Oh and also I should add that the Elizabeth Banks gif gets you back on my good side. (for now)

Also, I just heard another eggspert on NBARadio answering the question as to whether or not Horford will be traded.  Said STTE: "Well you hear it out there so much gosh it seems like it could happen."  Eggcellent 'analysis' there, sir.

We all know that Al Horford wont be traded but in this business, never say never besides we can look at all of the twitter or eggspects about if he stays or goes but at the end of the day, also long he does not sign or commit long term to this team, this will continue to happen.  They are going to say that this is "Joe Johnson type of deal" that will not help the Hawks at all to get back to ECF or to the finals.

Sorry this league is run by superstars and we don't have one.

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

I can't recall what stupid f***ing thing that guy did earlier in the season, but it was duuuumb. (probably something roster related). So I really appreciate calling him Brian. Maybe we should screw it up even more, Brain Doolittle?

el-oh-el if true-ish.

I heard some folks talking that ball-movement teams like us are the only ones that can help Howard be effective on O.  Clearly hasn't developed a postgame.  The thinking is that we could get him into positions to score (somehow).

Here's another Mr. Sauces (Broussard) rumor, btw.

I think that's made-up or atleast was leaked from the LAC side but that's a package no one can beat it true (which it probably isn't).

Rick Kamla was talking about a Teague and Splitter package for D12. I had to point on it doesn't work salary wise. ESPN has Tiago's salary listed wrong. Hawks need to add more salary. 

I've tweaked it,  How about this one: Teague/Splitter/Scott for Howard and Terrance Jones.

I'm no Howard fan and I'm strongly opposed to trading Horford for him. This I MAY consider. (I just don't trust Dwight)

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rick Kamla was talking about a Teague and Splitter package for D12. I had to point on it doesn't work salary wise. ESPN has Tiago's salary listed wrong. Hawks need to add more salary. 

I've tweaked it,  How about this one: Teague/Splitter/Scott for Howard and Terrance Jones.

I'm no Howard fan and I'm strongly opposed to trading Horford for him. This I MAY consider. (I just don't trust Dwight)

Sigh.  Kamla is so clueless.  I'd do that trade.  I think I'd offer a similar package to BKN for bLopez.  Maybe a pick instead of Teague?  No idea what the salaries are.  I dunno, just spit-balling here (not spit-balling like @Dolfan23, I mean throwing around ideas).

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How is this going work? We gonna put Sap at SF?  You realize we gotta pay him max in the summer and he's on a steep decline. This doesn't have the signs of even making sense even for Teague. 

Unless we package Millsap to Orlando for like Gordon and Hezonja, I don't like this Teague/Splitter/Scott for Howard/Jones at all. Howard and Jones are FA's this year too. How the hell we gonna sign them and resign Bazemore.  Find away to get Lawson and it's better to me. He's has a team option and that could come in handy. 

Edited by NBASupes