Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Wouldn't have mattered because Hawks were not going to trade Horford and teague anyways.

Ah, man.  That's a cop out answer.  If the packages being offered today are crap like the supposed BOS offer(s), then of course they shouldn't trade either of those guys.

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why do y'all not understand that better deals will be available in the offseason.  Should they just trade to make folks feel better around here?

We've heard all of this before.

The wheels are falling off the wagon. They've stunk almost all of the first half of the season... They have no back up center and we know Bud is going to play sorry ass Moose (who shouldn't be in the NBA) instead of Edy. They have no starting SF and over the hill Korver at SG.

Still, they do nothing but watch the wheels fall off the wagon. It's the same thing they always do.

We know what is coming in the off season. The same thing it always is... Poor draft choices and patchwork players. This franchise has zero ambition. They will always settle for what gets them to the playoffs and nothing more... And you know what.... I sincerely hope they miss the playoffs.

It's always status quo... They don't want to accept that this team has peaked, and so they will not break the team up... But they will not make moves to get better either. That is the way it's always been and that is the way it will always be. Every year we're told that there is nothing out there... No move to be made. Teams with ambitions to win do not throw this out as an excuse every year. But the Hawks do.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I told everybody in the " Hawks dont wanna win a championship" thread and various other threads that the Hawks are full of it. I mean, after 50 years, why do folks KEEP getting their hopes up in these clowns?  The ONLY club in Atlanta that tries to REALLY win is the Braves.  They decided that going to the playoffs and getting bounced isnt working, so, with a limited payroll, they gonna try the Kansas City approach and win a championship thru their farm system.  The foulcants and the buzzards dont wanna win..................

I don't even blame you for feeling this way. Being a Georgia sports fan is honestly horrible.

I'm personally very close to taking a long break from this team.  Should do me a lot of good.

• Like 2

Just now, Guard said:

I don't even blame you for feeling this way. Being a Georgia sports fan is honestly horrible.

I'm personally very close to taking a long break from this team.  Should do me a lot of good.

There are no reasons to really follow this team the 2nd half of the season. Only watch them if you get extremely bored. That's what I do now. I surely do not bother to watch every game. Hell, I didn't even watch all star weekend. I can't even tell you who won the 3pt shoot out or the dunk contest. There is no reason to totally invest time at this point.

• Like 1

So should we gift Korver to CLE, just because?  Should we gift Al to BOS for a song just because they want him?  Would y'all rather root for David Lee and Olynk?  Because those are the types of guys the Celtics were offering.  It was never going to be the (for some reason) beloved Smart or Crowder packages.

Don't complain about standing pat if you have no idea what you wanted them to do.

Trade Horford for Howard?  Why, because he was a 'star' 8 years ago when he was young/healthy?  Newsflash, he's neither of those things anymore.  Trade Jeff for George Hill?  Sheesh, think things through y'all.

6 minutes ago, Guard said:

There is a road sign on interstate 75 in Cobb County that says:  Atlanta Falcons 1998 NFC Champions.  The history of sports in Atlanta is soo bad, that the state ACTUALLY commissioned a highway sign for a conference championship.........lmao.  Im waiting on the:  Atlanta Hawks, 2015 Eastern Conference Finals Appearance, sign.........lmao

Other cities get to brag about championships.  Atlanta gets to brag about conference championships and appearances............

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So should we gift Korver to CLE, just because?  Should we gift Al to BOS for a song just because they want him?  Would y'all rather root for David Lee and Olynk?  Because those are the types of guys the Celtics were offering.  It was never going to be the (for some reason) beloved Smart or Crowder packages.

Don't complain about standing pat if you have no idea what you wanted them to do.

Trade Horford for Howard?  Why, because he was a 'star' 8 years ago when he was young/healthy?  Newsflash, he's neither of those things anymore.  Trade Jeff for George Hill?  Sheesh, think things through y'all.

Howard is a big name, he will bring in fans. 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Howard is a big name, he will bring in fans. 

Does he help us win more than Horford does?  It's debatable but I'm doubtful on it.  When you factor in the fact that Horford is imminently more sign-able, that kills the deal.  On top of that, it's likely HOU wants Horford AND more from us for Howard.  That's an easy 'no'.

12 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

We've heard all of this before.

The wheels are falling off the wagon. They've stunk almost all of the first half of the season... They have no back up center and we know Bud is going to play sorry ass Moose (who shouldn't be in the NBA) instead of Edy. They have no starting SF and over the hill Korver at SG.

Still, they do nothing but watch the wheels fall off the wagon. It's the same thing they always do.

We know what is coming in the off season. The same thing it always is... Poor draft choices and patchwork players. This franchise has zero ambition. They will always settle for what gets them to the playoffs and nothing more... And you know what.... I sincerely hope they miss the playoffs.

It's always status quo... They don't want to accept that this team has peaked, and so they will not break the team up... But they will not make moves to get better either. That is the way it's always been and that is the way it will always be. Every year we're told that there is nothing out there... No move to be made. Teams with ambitions to win do not throw this out as an excuse every year. But the Hawks do.

" the hawks almost at a 1.8 billion dollars.........when it hits, we selling"

ressler.jpg