• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Terrible? Hinrich is shooting 94% from the stripe and 41% from deep this season. Signing him as backup PG shows that Budcox plan on trading either Teague or Shredder this summer. Hopefully they'll open up 1 more roster spot and sign one of the waived bigs.

Never mind, didn't realize Cap'n Kirk is an expiring. So it just boils down to more playoff experience, higher 3pt%, and an extra coach on the floor as the 3rd-string PG for the playoffs. And more locker room leadership/mentorship? Then opening up a roster spot/freeing up money this summer for re-signings and/or FAcy. Shipped out Mack and Holiday, only brought back Kirk-'Nique's-gonna-call-me-Kurt, leaving that roster spot open to sign a waved big. It's a "meh" day in Hawks trades, but beneath the surface I can see what Budcox is doing. Not stoked about it, but understand.

"Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing....."

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AHF said:

Kirk?  Really?  

This may go in the dictionary as the definition of shuffling chairs on the Titanic.

Kirk hasn't shot 40% from the floor in the 4 years he has been gone from Atlanta.

On the plus side, he'll give us experienced depth and another player to add to our group of "Singles":

Shelvin Mack 15.8 PER

Tim Hardaway Jr. 9.0 PER

Kirk Hinrich 7.5 PER

Lamar Patterson 5.2 PER

Justin Holiday 4.8 PER

Shooting 41% from deep and 94% from the line this year. Not bad from your 3rd string PG, and very handy come playoffs. Throw in his maturity, playoff experience, and locker room leadership, and you got yourself one "meh" of a trade. Seriously, so "meh"...

Im glad Hawks kept Teague and Horford, and add an  experienced Veteran PG. It would help Dennis a lot part of his development and learn some things from Hinrich. Hinrich is a  really good player, high IQ and always plays the right way

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Im glad Hawks kept Teague and Horford, and added an  experienced Veteran PG. It would help Dennis a lot part of his development and learn some things from Hinrich. Hinrich is a  really good player, high IQ and always plays the right way

Very good point: somebody to mentor Shredder for the rest of the season until his time to take over next season. Ice-Teague trade this summer, when returns will be better (especially if Teague keeps stepping up his game like he has lately)?

9 minutes ago, hazer said:

Very good point: somebody to mentor Shredder for the rest of the season until his time to take over next season. Ice-Teague trade this summer, when returns will be better (especially if Teague keeps stepping up his game like he has lately)?

It could be  that reason why they got Hinrich, they will put Dennis as a starter, Hinrich as backup pg, and trade TEague this offseason and then probably look for a big to replace Splitter, that's just my guess but im not surprised if they still Keep teague,  Hawks could keep the core players together and team chemistry lock in.

• Moderators

Losing Holiday is meaningless to the 2015-16 Hawks.  I'm not worked up over that.  I hope we have a plan to make better use of that roster spot with a big.  I have no confidence that Kirk will be any good this year but we are talking about the #13 (Mack) and #15 (Holiday) spots on the roster so if Bud thinks Kirk is an upgrade on Mack I'm not going to cry about that.  Just will be realistic about what Kirk is at this point (i.e., not much).

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Losing Holiday is meaningless to the 2015-16 Hawks.  I'm not worked up over that.  I hope we have a plan to make better use of that roster spot with a big.  I have no confidence that Kirk will be any good this year but we are talking about the #13 (Mack) and #15 (Holiday) spots on the roster so if Bud thinks Kirk is an upgrade on Mack I'm not going to cry about that.  Just will be realistic about what Kirk is at this point (i.e., not much).

Exactly, he's not much but not much is required of our 3rd-string PG. More playoff experience, better 3-pt shooter, and higher BBIQ than Mack who he's replacing. So that's an upgrade for the playoffs. Kirk can also mentor Dennis, which Mack could not. Kirk is an expiring, Mack was not, there's free'd up money and roster spot this summer. There's not a deeper PG lineup in the league than Teague/Shredder/Hinrich, so there's that. Yes it's a very small move, but does improve the Hawks. But hardly moves the needle. I'm more excited about which big they sign from the crop of buyouts to fill the open roster spot.

2 minutes ago, nonono said:

you guys really think a middle aged white guy from Iowa was brought in to mentor dennis -what are they going to talk about- whether to go volt green or georgia granite goggles

-who knows what they are going to talk about- but Hinrich is an experienced veteran PG, and a high IQ player

• Premium Member

It is actually going to be interesting in that Bud plays 10 guys a game pretty religiously, and the last 3 only get in if its a blow out.

Mack was never one of those 10.

Hinrich almost certainly will be one of those 10, and maybe even regularly so.

And just as compelling... almost certainly Budcox is looking  to convert Holliday's roster slot to someone who's one of the 10.

Big loser today might be Lamar Patterson... his minutes--as minimal as they've been anyhow--would seem to be at most risk.

55 minutes ago, hazer said:

Exactly, he's not much but not much is required of our 3rd-string PG. More playoff experience, better 3-pt shooter, and higher BBIQ than Mack who he's replacing. So that's an upgrade for the playoffs. Kirk can also mentor Dennis, which Mack could not. Kirk is an expiring, Mack was not, there's free'd up money and roster spot this summer. There's not a deeper PG lineup in the league than Teague/Shredder/Hinrich, so there's that. Yes it's a very small move, but does improve the Hawks. But hardly moves the needle. I'm more excited about which big they sign off wavers to fill the open roster spot.

Yea would be very interesting what Hawks will look for in the future now that they have  more financial flexibility and open roster spot, and after hearing from the radio on interview with Bud,  It's clear to me that he has a lot trust on Jeff teague, and really believes in him, and one thing i learn from that interview never to listen to those espn  and article rumors again its so misleading,

Also, one thing i like about the trade is that it shows me that  Bud and his team really cares about their players, Mack gets more playing time,  and be more actively be part of a rotation, they didn't just trade him  just to get Hinrich . They also care about Mack's future.