• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ivan Fought the Commish and the Commish Won

AHF

• Moderators

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/555159/sports/basketball/pba-bans-tnt-import-johnson-for-cursing-league-officials

The Philippine Basketball Association has ruled to ban Tropang TNT import Ivan Johnson from playing in Asia’s first professional basketball league after after getting involved in an altercation with league commissioner Chito Narvasa on Saturday afternoon.

Johnson was also fined P250,000.

Johnson was ejected in the second quarter of the TNT-Meralco game after incurring his second technical foul for disrespectfully addressing Narvasa.

Johnson, who was whistled for a flagrant foul penalty one on Bryan Faundo, uttered some unpleasant words towards the official's table which sent Narvasa on his feet.
"For addressing the Commissioner with profanities and showing utter disrespect for authority, Tropang TNT import Ivan Johnson has been banned from the PBA," read the statement released by league media bureau chief Willie Marcial.

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/555159/sports/basketball/pba-bans-tnt-import-johnson-for-cursing-league-officials#sthash.YiJZgs5X.dpuf

• Like 1

Exactly the type of toughness the Hawks need................Back in the 80s, Ivan wouldve been looked at as a enforcer.  EVERY contending team had a enforcer.  Pistons had Laimbeer, Mahorn.  Knicks had Oakley, Hawks had Willis.  Today's game is WACK.  Your superstar can get dismantled and their teammates just shrug it off.  Thats WHY Milsap cant get a call. The referees adjust to the play.  They look at the Hawks as soft, and thus, Sap cant get a call.  This IS THE MAIN reason i want that Horford/Sap broken up.  Heck, Zaza had more heart than Horford.

ENFORCERS!!!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29182-1335358668-0.

NBAPlayoffs20080428Celtics-HawksG4H.jpg

040111-photo-of-game416300.jpg

165394957.jpg?itok=I5Bl4OYi

"   get your soft butt out of here!"

819953059_medium.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, AHF said:

I have fun imagining this exchange with David Stern.  I imagine more back and forth.   And more F bombs.

Me too.  Sterns wouldve traded buzz words with him, suspended him, then had coffee at starbucks with him afterwards and laughed about it.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

Oh, how I miss the days of Hawks' Family Feud we had when Ivan was on the team with Osh and Larry Drew. The chatroom was nearly shut down that night. Fun times.

While I'd love to have an enforcer like him on the team, we all know that he wouldn't stay on his best behavior and would end up getting suspended, waived, or both. And knowing Ivan the way we do, he'd probably want to go out in a blaze of glory so there would be winners here...

43 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Oh, how I miss the days of Hawks' Family Feud we had when Ivan was on the team with Osh and Larry Drew. The chatroom was nearly shut down that night. Fun times.

While I'd love to have an enforcer like him on the team, we all know that he wouldn't stay on his best behavior and would end up getting suspended, waived, or both. And knowing Ivan the way we do, he'd probably want to go out in a blaze of glory so there would be winners here...

He has been kicked out of two countries and no other NBA team wants him. Eventually you just have to realize he is not helping anything.