• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The next 10 games may make or break the Hawks

TheNorthCydeRises

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Oh crap.   We have the hardest schedule by far in the east the rest of the way based on opponent winning percentage .540

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/standings/conference/2016

That's why I started this thread.  The 10 games coming out of the All Star break were brutal.  But the games following this stretch isn't a cakewalk either.  Almost every team we play the rest of the way, are battling for playoff position or trying to get into the playoffs.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The 15th pick is the best they would probably get if they miss the playoffs. So, it's not likely to help much.

If they miss the playoffs the worst pick the Hawks could get (and by the far the most likely) is the 14th pick.  If they miss the playoffs the best pick (and by far the least likely) they could land  is the #1 overall pick.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

If they miss the playoffs the worst pick the Hawks could get (and by the far the most likely) is the 14th pick.  If they miss the playoffs the best pick (and by far the least likely) they could land  is the #1 overall pick.

I was trying to be realistic. If the Hawks miss the playoffs the chances of them getting a good pick is slim.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I was trying to be realistic. If the Hawks miss the playoffs the chances of them getting a good pick is slim.

I was mostly just saying 14 instead of 15.  It can make a difference.  Last draft it probably means 4 years of Cameron Payne instead of 2 years of THJr. and a couple of 2nd round picks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I was mostly just saying 14 instead of 15.  It can make a difference.  Last draft it probably means 4 years of Cameron Payne instead of 2 years of THJr. and a couple of 2nd round picks.

WE are 10-15 and the last 25 games, if they continue this trend and go 9 - 15 or worse in the remaining 24 games, the we could get a better pick than #14

• Premium Member
On 2/25/2016 at 3:56 PM, Hotlanta1981 said:

The 15th pick is the best they would probably get if they miss the playoffs. So, it's not likely to help much.

If they miss the playoffs, the worst pick they could get is pick 14.

Edit: My bad.  @AHF  already answered this.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, pimp said:

WE are 10-15 and the last 25 games, if they continue this trend and go 9 - 15 or worse in the remaining 24 games, the we could get a better pick than #14

We won't.  Remember two years ago?  That was the time to strategically tank for a pick and we opted for the 8th seed.  At least we put up a fight in our first round exit.  We'll make the playoffs this year.

We won't.  Remember two years ago?  That was the time to strategically tank for a pick and we opted for the 8th seed.  At least we put up a fight in our first round exit.  We'll make the playoffs this year.

You're such a negative Nancy! There's still time for hope and change we can do this lets go Hawks get in the lottery!!

We-Can-Do-It-Rosie-the-Riveter-Wallpaper-2-AB.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lottery ain't gonna happen, Hawks aren't that shrewd. They'll make it as the 3-6 seed, 2nd round exit, and take a mediocre player around 20th in the draft. Woo. Hoo.....

14 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya but he also said the Nix would make the playoffs...

And with 1/3 of the season left, they're only 6 games out of the 8th seed. Which is closer than the Hawks are to the 2nd seed. Oooph...

• 2 weeks later...

What a difference a week and some change makes.

Hawks lose first 3 games, then win 5 out of the next 6 ( should've been a 6 game win streak ), to go 5 - 4 so far in this stretch.

Now we go up against a squad in Toronto who might just be our 2nd round opponent, and a team that has given the Hawks major trouble the past 2 years.  

A victory in the Land of the North could really give this team added confidence going into this next 6 of 8 homestand.  And we get to see how good our defense has really become, if we can slow down Lowry and Derozan, who have become the best backcourt in the NBA.

It's important that the Hawks keep winning so that can stay within striking distance of  Miami.  Unfortunately for us, they haven't lost since acquiring Joe Johnson and their schedule is fairly easy the rest of the way.  And with Charlotte playing 6 of their next 7 at home, we can't afford any slip ups.

Finishing 6 - 4 in these 10 games, after starting 0 - 3, will feel like they've gone 8 - 2.  But I'll take winning 6 of our last 7, if we beat the Raptors.  That would be big time.