• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The next 10 games may make or break the Hawks

TheNorthCydeRises

Ya'll can talk trade rumors for now, but give your thoughts to this topic after the frenzy is over.

In the next 10 games, we have 5 straight home games, and 5 straight road games.  8 of those 10 games are against current playoff level teams, including 2 games vs the world champion Warriors.

Home stand

Miami ... Milwaukee ... Golden State ... Chicago ... Charlotte

Since I have the full week off next week, I plan to go to at least one of these games.  I need to see for myself why these guys are so inconsistent.  A lot of times, you can see things going on throughout a game in person, that you may not see on TV.

At any rate, it would be in the Hawks best interest to take 4 out of 5 of these games.  And don't be shocked if we pull off an upset against the Warriors.  The Hawks are still one of the few teams in the league that could match the Warriors shot for shot, if guys like Korver, Teague, and Mike Scott have the 3 ball going.  If Teague is traded, Dennis will have to come up HUGE in this game.

3 out of 5 is more realistic.  1 or 2 out of 5 would be very disappointing, and may send the Hawks down a death spiral to the 8th seed.

Road gauntlet

Golden State ... LA Lakers ... LA Clippers ... Utah ... Toronto

The most dangerous part of the Hawks schedule is right here.  3 high level playoff teams.  A Utah team that is red hot over its last 10 games.  And a Laker team that is horrible, but has seen its Hall of Famer have flashes of greatness in recent weeks.

A Hawks team that had a bad home stand could easily lose ALL 5 of these games.  To get some momentum going, the Hawks need to win 3 of these games.  It doesn't matter which 3 games they win .. ( although fans will feel good about this team if 2 of the 3 wins came vs the Warriors, Raptors, and/or Clippers )

Best case scenario:  8 - 2

The Hawks get it going starting Friday night and win all 5 games at home and go 3 -2 on the road ( with a win vs Toronto ).   This would put the Hawks at 39 - 26, with another stretch of 6 out of 8 home games that could really put the Hawks within striking distance of Toronto, if they take care of business at home.

Worst case scenario: 2 - 8

The Hawks lose back to back close games to Miami and Milwaukee, and get throttled by Golden State.  They bounce back vs Chicago ( who may be in straight freefall mode by next week ), but lose another close game to Charlotte.  The road stand goes no better, with the Hawks only picking up a road win vs the Lakers ( in a hard fought ugly game ).  The 2 -8 record puts the Hawks at 33 - 32, and in the 8th seed.

Realistic case:  5 - 5

Hawks continue their yo-yo play.  Lose to Miami.  Beat Millwaukee and upsets Golden State.  Somehow barely beat Chicago.  But give it right back in a bad loss to Charlotte.

Then they go on the road and get throttled by Toronto, GS, and LAC, prompting people to call the Hawks "sorry" and saying that they should've blown the whole team up ( instead of staying pat, or just trading one piece ).  Wins vs LAL and Utah enable us to go .500 in that 10 game stretch.  

At 36 - 29, that keeps the Hawks in 4th place, but keeps them in jeopardy of falling to 7th or 8th, due to the lack of separation created.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

I hope we make a move for Dellevadiver so that we'll have our Lebron stopper for the playoffs. Maybe we sign Ivan as well and he can take care of Vucevic or whomever is out there clowning Al at the end of a close game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

I'll bite. 7-3. Two losses to Golden State (because seriously...that's a freak show). They Also lose at Toronto. 

That would be great to go 7 - 3, but still have people saying that we can't take the Hawks seriously.

To me though, it's all about avoiding a 2nd round matchup with Cleveland.  So a win is a win.

• Like 1

Hawks blow the roster up and acquire Bob Sura types who put up triple doubles on the regular, we squeak into the playoffs and as it turns out the team we passed in the standings for the final spot wins Ben Simmons in the lottery.

6-4 next 10 games. Couple of buzzer beater losses.

I'll bite. 6-4, 7-3 is possible if only one loss on the home stand.

If not to Golden State, the losses happen in close and late situations with more issues in crunch time.

BTW: Miami is a horrible loss this time if it happens, Miami without Chris Bosh is a lottery team and he's out this Friday. At least with Bosh, they're semi decent, without, nope.

2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I hope we make a move for Dellevadiver so that we'll have our Lebron stopper for the playoffs. Maybe we sign Ivan as well and he can take care of Vucevic or whomever is out there clowning Al at the end of a close game.

Oh man, I could not stomach having Dellavadouchebag.

I'm going with 5-5 because the Hawks aren't going to be any different than they have been this season so far....

they-are-who-we-thought-they-were.jpg

Keep in mind that 8 of those losses were mainly due to total chokes in close and late. That's looking like a bad thing right now, as it makes things look like a "gell" away from being right. Maybe if 5 of those losses were thorough domination, something is done.

Call me crazy but I'm going with 8-2 or 9-1 with our only loss or losses coming @warriors and @raptors. I will be at the  game in Oakland because I've been going to that game every year since 2003. We match up well with the Warriors and I'm in no way a fan of injuries but I had a dream that Curry tears an ACL against the Hawks in Oakland and due to the fact that I get pretty wasted in those games, I start clapping for the Hawks as some dude thinks I'm clapping for the injury and we go toe to toe and I knock that fool in the face, then proceed to get jumped by 10 dumb looking Warrior fans and we all get arrested as Curry is crying like a lil whiny twatface on the court. (I am soooooo sorry for illustrating that ugly scene). I digress, 9-1 or 8-2. Would love to take care of the LOLdubs twice but I'd say once in Atlanta is more realistic so my final answer is 8-2...8-2....8-2...

LETS GO HAWKS LETS GO HAWKS LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

ps Anyone going to the game in Oakland ? If so, let's try and get together as I will need an Allie or a tag team partner if I have to fight those dumb LOLdub bandwagon fans in a week and a half. (YA, I CALLED YALL BANDWAGON FANS, ORACLE WAS EMPTY JUTST 5 YEARS AGO AND FOR AN ETERNITY BEFORE THAT, WHERE THE F*CK WERE YALL DUMB IDIOTS BACK THEN HUH)...

pps Therapy might be an option for me soon but I think I'll be ok if we get to 8-2 over the next 10 and 19-8 to finish with 50 wins and the 3rd seed in the east.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Call me crazy but I'm going with 8-2 or 9-1 with our only loss or losses coming @warriors and @raptors. I will be at the  game in Oakland because I've been going to that game every year since 2003. We match up well with the Warriors and I'm in no way a fan of injuries but I had a dream that Curry tears an ACL against the Hawks in Oakland and due to the fact that I get pretty wasted in those games, I start clapping for the Hawks as some dude thinks I'm clapping for the injury and we go toe to toe and I knock that fool in the face, then proceed to get jumped by 10 dumb looking Warrior fans and we all get arrested as Curry is crying like a lil whiny twatface on the court. (I am soooooo sorry for illustrating that ugly scene). I digress, 9-1 or 8-2. Would love to take care of the LOLdubs twice but I'd say once in Atlanta is more realistic so my final answer is 8-2...8-2....8-2...

LETS GO HAWKS LETS GO HAWKS LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

ps Anyone going to the game in Oakland ? If so, let's try and get together as I will need an Allie or a tag team partner if I have to fight those dumb LOLdub bandwagon fans in a week and a half. (YA, I CALLED YALL BANDWAGON FANS, ORACLE WAS EMPTY JUTST 5 YEARS AGO AND FOR AN ETERNITY BEFORE THAT, WHERE THE F*CK WERE YALL DUMB IDIOTS BACK THEN HUH)...

pps Therapy might be an option for me soon but I think I'll be ok if we get to 8-2 over the next 10 and 19-8 to finish with 50 wins and the 3rd seed in the east.

tumblr_nhg150pF9j1s6qydqo4_250.gif