• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague is done here

Jackets333

He will be traded in the offseason.  I think everyone here is sick of him.  Steph Curry picked up an early foul in the first quarter tonight and not one attempt to attack the basket.  I don't know if Dennis is the answer either, but Teague plays like he doesn't care most of the time.  Time to bench Korver too.  Go Hawks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jackets333 said:

He will be traded in the offseason.  I think everyone here is sick of him.  Steph Curry picked up an early foul in the first quarter tonight and not one attempt to attack the basket.  I don't know if Dennis is the answer either, but Teague plays like he doesn't care most of the time.  Time to bench Korver too.  Go Hawks.

Jeff was excellent this season when he was healthy. But his health hasn't been there this year like in all previous years. He's been picking up these nicks and he's been under performing

10 minutes ago, Jackets333 said:

To be fair, I'm not putting this all on Teague but he is the player we can get the most for.  Bazemore and Korver are not NBA caliber starters.  So that is really the main problem.

Actually he's not. The Bucks rejected a Teague for Middleton trade twice, and once in the summer apparently (in a SNT I guess) when his value would've been better.

Just now, Lurker said:

Actually he's not. The Bucks rejected a Teague for Middleton trade twice, and once in the summer apparently (in a SNT I guess) when his value would've been better.

Wait, what?  When was Teague for Middleton offered in the summer?  That makes no sense at all.  It makes sense for teams not to trade during the season because of the upcoming cap increase.  I stand by my original statement.

Just now, Jackets333 said:

Wait, what?  When was Teague for Middleton offered in the summer?  That makes no sense at all.  It makes sense for teams not to trade during the season because of the upcoming cap increase.  I stand by my original statement.

I think I saw a source that said the Hawks tried to trade Teague for Middleton said that it was the second time Milwaukee rejected that offer, and that was offered in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

That info being public does nothing to help Teague's trade value.

I think Bud blew it by hanging on to Teague.  Sure, he gonna be one of the best guards on the market next year, but the Hawks are gonna be in " get rid of Teague mode", so that Dennis can start, and teams are going to try and take advantage of that.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 4

I think most are going to be disappointed   at what true value Jeff holds. With it being so many teams that have point guards, its going to be hard to find a good trade partner with fair value. Wont be shocked if they have to take back a less than ideal trade for him or just let him walk for nothing.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sarcatic1 said:

I think most are going to be disappointed   at what true value Jeff holds. With it being so many teams that have point guards, its going to be hard to find a good trade partner with fair value. Wont be shocked if they have to take back a less than ideal trade for him or just let him walk for nothing.

This.  With a league full of good point guards, asking for a starter and a 1st(alledgedly) may have been too much.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Yea we might get a low first for him or an average player. I dont see a way that the Hawks get a starting caliber sf or sg for him

That is why we will probably have to package him with Korver then we could get a younger starting SF.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

That is why we will probably have to package him with Korver then we could get a younger starting SF.

When you factor in Kyle's age and how he is pretty  much a bench guy on most teams, I just dont see how that would entice most teams.  I dont see many teams giving up on good wings often.  I doubt we get a good young starting caliber wing with a package of Jeff and Kyle