• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague is done here

Jackets333

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

How many times did Teague just sag off Curry and then lamely just stick his hand up on 3 pointers.   Teague is one of my favorite hawks but he's been playing lazy on defense lately.   I'm not seeing any difference in the amount of overall mistakes between our 2 points guards.

I'm not defending Teague, but he has improved in the dribbling into a crowd aspect, whereas Schröder hasn't seemed to figure that out yet.  I think it is absolutely hilarious that people are saying Schröder is a top 5 point guard.  Really?  Was there a mass extinction of point guards that I missed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

I'm not defending Teague, but he has improved in the dribbling into a crowd aspect, whereas Schröder hasn't seemed to figure that out yet.  I think it is absolutely hilarious that people are saying Schröder is a top 5 point guard.  Really?  Was there a mass extinction of point guards that I missed?

No we said he will be a top 5 og, not now, later.

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

No one said that.

2 hours ago, quero said:

He is not yet.. but one could argue that he's top3 backup pointguard in the league.

I'd say THE BEST backup pg in the league bar none(not William Floyd)...

5 hours ago, Watchman said:

Until the Hawks get a finisher at the rim, it really doesnt matter WHO the point guard is.

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden, Watchman sagte:

"dribbling into a crowd"

In order to make an omelet you have to break some eggs. His and Teagues penetration game is as integral to the Hawks system as Korver's marathons and Al's PnR tripple treath is. These two are very good at it and are obliged to keep doing it. Yeah, at times it doesnt work out and then the armchair PG's from back in the probation days are gonna yell at them...

• Moderators
14 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Do y'all think Jeff would be a different/ better player had Drew turned him loose as a rook?  How much would Bud play a rookie Jeff?

We definitely buried him on the bench too long.  I don't know if he'd be that much different but it might have opened up some different opportunities for us as a team.

15 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Teague is STILL a good player. Thats why there is a market for him. Might not be as high during the off season, but there IS a market for him.

The market will be higher for him during the offseason when teams are desperate for a point guard via free agency and Conley is the only good one out there. One team will get Conley (most likely he will remain a Grizz imo). After that, all the teams still in search of a starting caliber point guard will be getting in line for Teague.

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

The market will be higher for him during the offseason when teams are desperate for a point guard via free agency and Conley is the only good one out there. One team will get Conley (most likely he will remain a Grizz imo). After that, all the teams still in search of a starting caliber point guard will be getting in line for Teague.

I imagine our management saw this as the most likely development and had no intention of trading Teague at this past deadline for trash.

If I'm Conley, I gotta let go of that whole grindhouse dream.  That team is over the hill and have a shrinking window.  He's gotta head East IMO.  Maybe due-southeast about 7 hours?  Nah, we gotta give D. Mike his shot at starting.

@Jody23 (as usual) you are wrong.  Just messin' witcha ... but, yeah, you are wrong on this one.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I imagine our management saw this as the most likely development and had no intention of trading Teague at this past deadline for trash.

If I'm Conley, I gotta let go of that whole grindhouse dream.  That team is over the hill and have a shrinking window.  He's gotta head East IMO.  Maybe due-southeast about 7 hours?  Nah, we gotta give D. Mike his shot at starting.

@Jody23 (as usual) you are wrong.  Just messin' witcha ... but, yeah, you are wrong on this one.

@kg01 If I'm wrong, that will be fantastic.  I'm just sayin' I'm not going to get my hopes up that some team is going to put up the King's ransom or anything close to it for Teague.

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

@kg01 If I'm wrong, that will be fantastic.  I'm just sayin' I'm not going to get my hopes up that some team is going to put up the King's ransom or anything close to it for Teague.

Hmm, let's see ...

- Suns basically traded Ennis, Plumlee and the Lakers pick (sent to PHI) for Knight

- Heat acquired Dragic for basically 2 future 1sts and a bunch of filler

- Pistons traded Jennings for Knight and Khris Middleton a few years ago

- Celtics traded a 1st and Marcus Thornton for I. Thomas

Yeesh, yeah you may be a little less wrong than I thought.  Still, the PG market this offseason will be pretty dry so it'll be a sellers market more-so than last year.

Hey, a draft night trade could net us a good prospect I guess.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Do y'all think Jeff would be a different/ better player had Drew turned him loose as a rook?  How much would Bud play a rookie Jeff?

Woody was Teague's coach as a rookie.  If you recall, he used to have Teague try to play catch and shoot while standing to the side while JJ dribbled the ball into the ground.  It was not a good way to utilize Jeff or to develop him.  At the age of 27, I can't imagine its had much long-term impact so much as it delayed his development into a legit starter.

• Like 1