• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague is done here

Jackets333

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I get that. Is Hinrich a expiring contract? I dont understand him being here, unless he is just there to mentor Dennis.

Yes he is an expiring contract.  I know what Bud and Wes said about adding Kirk's experience etc...But, I think this move was more about saving a little more cap space and also doing Shelvin a favor.  Mack is still young and needed a chance to play.  Bud knew that wouldn't happen here.  I give Bud credit for that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Yes he is an expiring contract.  I know what Bud and Wes said about adding Kirk's experience etc...But, I think this move was more about saving a little more cap space and also doing Shelvin a favor.  Mack is still young and needed a chance to play.  Bud knew that wouldn't happen here.  I give Bud credit for that.

Good post. If they did that to help Mack out, that was stand up for Bud to do that. Mack was too good to sit on the bench like that. Heck, the Knicks could use him..........

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

As history shows we wont do a damn thing in the summer so just get off of that now.  We apparently have an inept front office.   Ive been a fan of this team for almost 40 years and the ONLY GM that could get things done was Stan Kasten.    This is a very snakebit and flawed organization and has been for years.  Last year was indeed a fluke.  Ownership here is interested in making money and that is about it.

Just the truth!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

As history shows we wont do a damn thing in the summer so just get off of that now.  We apparently have an inept front office.   Ive been a fan of this team for almost 40 years and the ONLY GM that could get things done was Stan Kasten.    This is a very snakebit and flawed organization and has been for years.  Last year was indeed a fluke.  Ownership here is interested in making money and that is about it.

Just the truth!

You know .... I chide Knix fans for their crap.  Always banking on 'next season's FAgent class to come save the day and such.  Meanwhile they've never signed an impact FAgent and haven't really won anything in decades, literally decades.

At the end of the day .... that's basically our history. :cry:  Only difference between us and Nicks fans is expectations.  None of us expect to be a contender really.

You're right, Unc.  You speak truth here and it hurts.

Just now, kg01 said:

You know .... I chide Knix fans for their crap.  Always banking on 'next season's FAgent class to come save the day and such.  Meanwhile they've never signed an impact FAgent and haven't really won anything in decades, literally decades.

At the end of the day .... that's basically our history. :cry:  Only difference between us and Nicks fans is expectations.  None of us expect to be a contender really.

We expect contending.  But this team ain't there

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I'm not giving him credit for that.  Trade a good PG for a tiny amount of cap space when we have so many holes in our lineup?   Maybe that's all he could get for Mack but I have to believe we could get something more than Hinrich.     I'm tired of being the nice team in the league that does favors. 

15 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Just the truth!

Exactly. I REFUSE to believe Bud, after being in San Antonio all those years, suddenly dont know how to put personnel together. Im not buying it.  The Hawks front office (ownership) is dictating how this squad is built.  Thats why they gave Bud all the keys except finances.  Bud is reporting DIRECTLY to ownership, i guarantee it.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not giving him credit for that.  Trade a good PG for a tiny amount of cap space when we have so many holes in our lineup?   Maybe that's all he could get for Mack but I have to believe we could get something more than Hinrich.     I'm tired of being the nice team in the league that does favors. 

I get what your saying, but from a personal standpoint I give Bud props for helping Shelvin out.  The guy has been a great teammate and a true professional.  He wasn't going to get a shot here and this move probably helped his career.

As far as the trade value, that was probably as good as it was going to get.  Shelvin barely played and I don't think there was a significant amount of confidence in his ability outside of Atlanta and Utah.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I get what your saying, but from a personal standpoint I give Bud props for helping Shelvin out.  The guy has been a great teammate and a true professional.  He wasn't going to get a shot here and this move probably helped his career.

As far as the trade value, that was probably as good as it was going to get.  Shelvin barely played and I don't think there was a significant amount of confidence in his ability outside of Atlanta and Utah.

I"m not seeing how he wasn't getting a shot here.   Teague is going to have to be traded this summer.   Dennis isn't going to be happy coming off the bench and like Mack he deserves a shot.   So where are we going to be for a backup PG next year?   It better not be Hinrich.  

• Like 3

vor 7 Minuten, macdaddy sagte:

I"m not seeing how he wasn't getting a shot here.   Teague is going to have to be traded this summer.   Dennis isn't going to be happy coming off the bench and like Mack he deserves a shot.   So where are we going to be for a backup PG next year?   It better not be Hinrich.  

This.

Mack could have been the backup-pg after the departure of teague, since Schröder will start next summer (i really hope so..)
Now we're looking again for a good fit for teague and utah is out.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Had they had their way, Teague would have been gone at the deadline.  Had that happened, Shelvin doesn't get traded.  At any rate, I always thought there was a significant chance that Dennis would be the only one of the three back next season.  I think Shelvin was probably going to leave in free agency and wasn't going to stick around to see what the Hawks did with Schröder and Teague.

• Like 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Had they had their way, Teague would have been gone at the deadline.  Had that happened, Shelvin doesn't get traded.  At any rate, I always thought there was a significant chance that Dennis would be the only one of the three back next season.  I think Shelvin was probably going to leave in free agency and wasn't going to stick around to see what the Hawks did with Schröder and Teague.

Yeah but we'd have one more year of him before he hit free agency.   So when we trade Teague we'll be looking for a backup point and probably have get one that either costs a lot more than Mack or isn't as good.      I'm just not seeing the wisdom of Mack for Hinrich.  It's basically just giving him away because I don't see where that small amount of cap space is going to make a big difference.   Maybe i'm ignorant. 

2 hours ago, django2341 said:

Ah no. Come on. He (Jeff) is the one playing hero-ball more than Dennis right now. He is dribbling and dribbling around till there are five seconds on the clock and then gets nothing done. He also hesitates on every move and every shot. And then he´s missing point blank layups and free throws. Dennis´ D is sharper and his jumper and decision making is increasing as well. He´s like five years younger - and boy look at how he plays like his life is one the line every night every minute. There is no question he has to be the future.

This exactly - he's thinking the game too much and not playing instinctual basketball.  He's waiting for plays to development instead of making the plays develop.

57 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Shelvin has 1 year left on his contract at a team option.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This exactly - he's thinking the game too much and not playing instinctual basketball.  He's waiting for plays to development instead of making the plays develop.

Shelvin has 1 year left on his contract at a team option.

He's trying to play like last season when this isn't the same team. He needs to play like Bud's 1st year Teague 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

It hurts like hell and is depressing.  

16 hours ago, RWF said:

I think Teague should be the 6th man for the rest of the season as we get a start on the future with Schröder as the starter. Why delay any further?

Maybe because Schröder still plays too stupidly?  How many times can you drive into a crowd, get up in the air and have no one to pass to?  Does he not have the capacity to figure that out?  Bazemore and Schröder are apparently learning disabled when it comes to this.  They do it over and over again, and seemingly never learn.

Edited by Watchman

49 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Maybe because Schröder still plays too stupidly?  How many times can you drive into a crowd, get up in the air and have no one to pass to?  Does he not have the capacity to figure that out?  Bazemore and Schröder are apparently learning disabled when it comes to this.  They do it over and over again, and seemingly never learn.

I guess Teague does to, with the jump pass.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Watchman said:

How many times did Teague just sag off Curry and then lamely just stick his hand up on 3 pointers.   Teague is one of my favorite hawks but he's been playing lazy on defense lately.   I'm not seeing any difference in the amount of overall mistakes between our 2 points guards.