• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kris Humphries has committed to sign with the Hawks

GameTime

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Kanye circling the commode drain.

Good points, especially getting under people's skin.  We lost some of that with the loss of Zaza then Pero. 

What makes you think he's going into coaching, though?  That's a topic that fascinates me with current players.  I would guess all these guys would go immediately into a leadership role after playing:

Draymond
Steph
Jamal Crawford
Iggy 

Manu
Calderon
Garnett 
Jared Dudley
Tony Allen
Kyle
Captain Kirk

I think what makes them think a player is going to be a future coach is Smarts...  It's a quality.  And Patience.  There are some guys like Mike Bibby, Jason Kidd, and Crawford from your list that looks destined to be coaches.   What I see in that is a player who can do smart things on the floor and at the same time get his teammates to listen to him.  I think DMC would be a good coach one day.   And certainly Korver.   However, it's gotta to be about the smarts.   Humphries will make a good coach because he knows where to be and it's more than just instinct.  He also knows how to get under people's skin.  That's a learned trait and it's good for coaching.   Probably why Smitty hasn't been a coach.   He's too nice.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's leap day - he gets a pass.

I'm sorry I have a problem with this. I'm almost certain if I'd make that remark I woulda gotten a beat down from you whether it was leap day, Xmas, thanksgiving or April fool's day...but @Dolfan23 gets a pass?....:-|

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

See how I managed to avoid crushing that young woman?  Marvin wouldn't have had that kind of body control back in the day.

I don't know.  He missed the ones with the big earrings, but kind of whacked the one in the baseball cap.

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm sorry I have a problem with this. I'm almost certain if I'd make that remark I woulda gotten a beat down from you whether it was leap day, Xmas, thanksgiving or April fool's day...but @Dolfan23 gets a pass?....:-|

Mmhmm, sounds like someone's scared to get bant down the stretch.  I'm booing Bird in my office.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

On Humphries, I am glad to see us pick up someone who can rebound the ball for our bench.  The fact that he can shoot from the perimeter makes me more confident he will actually get playing time as well.  Interested to see what he brings.  Agree with the post earlier that he has a 'punchable face.'

Yes, he's one of those guys that you know you don't like before he says one word. I can't explain it because I'm not sure if he's ever really done anything but play ball and keep his mouth shut.

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Yes, he's one of those guys that you know you don't like before he says one word. I can't explain it because I'm not sure if he's ever really done anything but play ball and keep his mouth shut.

Ya it's like step brothers the movie where Rob Riggles tells Will Ferrell there's just something about his face that just makes him wanna punch him lol

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...that's awesome. Haven't watched Archer in like 4 years. Is it still on?

Yeah, pretty sure the new season is about to start.  Still eggcellent late nite TV.

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya it's like step brothers the movie where Rob Riggles tells Will Ferrell there's just something about his face that just makes him wanna punch him lol

Other notable punch-faces:

- Tyler Handsblow

- Jared Dudley

- Lantz

- the all-timer Alan Anderson (who tha h*ll spells Allen like that?)

I'm sure I'm missing several but those are the ones that jump to my mind.

17 minutes ago, hawkman said:
29 minutes ago, AHF said:

On Humphries, I am glad to see us pick up someone who can rebound the ball for our bench.  The fact that he can shoot from the perimeter makes me more confident he will actually get playing time as well.  Interested to see what he brings.  Agree with the post earlier that he has a 'punchable face.'

Does that mean Blake Griffin has a punchable face?  They must have been separated at birth.  Blake has a better tan though.

Edited by Watchman

26 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Marcus Thornton and Alan Anderson are my other Punch-Face guys.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Does that mean Blake Griffin has a punchable face?  They must have been separated at birth.  Blake has a better tan though.

Not really. At least not as punchable as Humphries or the undisputed #1 Alan Anderson.

Oscar nominated punchees:

Bill Laimbeer

Christian Laettner

Sasha Vujacic

Shawn Bradley

Danny Ainge

And the Oscar goes to....

Its a 2 way tie between Bill Laimbeer and Danny Ainge...wooooowww

judges: Dominique Wilkins (voted for Laimbeer)

Tree Rollins (voted for Ainge)

How do we determine the tie breaker?

ps Is it a coincidence that they are all white Chris Rock?

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Das weak sauce, Bird.  Dat sauce is as weak as Marvin taking it to the hole back in the day.

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

tumblr_nqg9nwfHOH1uznv1co1_400.gif

@Spud2Nique   @kg01

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Mmhmm, sounds like someone's scared to get bant down the stretch.  I'm booing Bird in my office.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Women. Can't live withem.....gimme a beer...

anigif_enhanced-20413-1430354167-7.gif

Ainge wins, followed by inches by Laimbeer. As much as we all hated Laimbeer, Ainge has been punched out, bitten, and had a towel thrown in his face by one of his own players. 

And Lady Jay, please stop. Your butthurt meme is killing me up here...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Ainge wins, followed by inches by Laimbeer. As much as we all hated Laimbeer, Ainge has been punched out, bitten, and had a towel thrown in his face by one of his own players. 

And Lady Jay, please stop. Your butthurt meme is killing me up here...

Great point...although Nique almost karatacized Laimbeer lol...@Jaybirdhawks is killing me here I'm butt hurt and dying of laughter at the same time.