• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The story of this season is going to be

Lurker

Only on two things...

1. Having four wing players that are non starter quality if Sefolosha isn't seen as a starter quality wing anymore. You can't get NOTHING from two starters against good defensive teams every time, and it's usually the wing players at fault. Korver is not starting quality this season and only was last because of insanely hot shooting.

2. This basically goes along with the above, but there was absolutely nothing changed with the offensive scheme from last season and I kinda saw this coming, that Atlanta would be in a world of trouble if they tried to bank on a mid 30s year old player keeping up his insane shooting pace if they did not adjust the offensive scheme just in case.

Another note: When I watched Jeff Teague play closely over the last two games, he seemed hesitant in every single move he makes, which I think is a lot different than last season. He's initiating pnrs, but he's not making nearly quick enough decisions a lot of the time, and it ends in either him firing up jumpers or the big men going ISO.

• Premium Member

I think the biggest stories...

1.  Our loss of shooting efficiency.

2.  Our lack of rebounding.

We should have made a move for Zaza when we lost Pero.   DMC costed us chemistry.

However, here's the good thing.  Bud is still developing players.   While he is hated here, Baze is better than last year.  THJr is coming along.  Scott is a dependable reserve.   I think we will shock some folks in the playoffs.   I believe we have become a team that plays up to the level of competition.  As far as Thabo goes, he has one mission.... Lebron-Slower.

The story of this season is that it wiped out what the Hawls were able to "accomplish" last year.

instead of building upon last year and having some continuity as a top team in the East the Hawks have again fallen to the way side making last season look like a complete fluke.

so here we are again as Hawks fans wash, rinse, and repeat.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lurker said:

Only on two things...

1. Having four wing players that are non starter quality if Sefolosha isn't seen as a starter quality wing anymore. You can't get NOTHING from two starters against good defensive teams every time, and it's usually the wing players at fault. Korver is not starting quality this season and only was last because of insanely hot shooting.

2. This basically goes along with the above, but there was absolutely nothing changed with the offensive scheme from last season and I kinda saw this coming, that Atlanta would be in a world of trouble if they tried to bank on a mid 30s year old player keeping up his insane shooting pace if they did not adjust the offensive scheme just in case.

Another note: When I watched Jeff Teague play closely over the last two games, he seemed hesitant in every single move he makes, which I think is a lot different than last season. He's initiating pnrs, but he's not making nearly quick enough decisions a lot of the time, and it ends in either him firing up jumpers or the big men going ISO.

I'd say the Hawks lack leadership (heart). They play down to their competition. Hawks clearly misses Carroll and Brand's leadership. Teague/Korver/Millsap/Horford aren't vocal leaders. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I don't know.   I think this is just who we are this year.   We've definitely had some bad play but in reality i think the team is performing up to their talent level as a team.   I'm not trying to slight them or anything but given our talent level and health of certain players I think we are pretty close to doing as well as can be expected with this roster.    You can have all the heart in the world but if you can't score you're going to lose sometimes.  

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Prize @DS17Fanboy.

You're so motherly.  I could've just let it go but since DS17 is on my (s)hit list I figured I'd take a chance to chide him instead.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're so motherly.  I could've just let it go but since DS17 is on my (s)hit list I figured I'd take a chance to chide him instead.

English is his 2nd language so I'm only trying to be helpful. 

He's not like some  who's 1st and only language is English and some things still gets 'loose' in  translation. 

english is actually my third language after german and dutch. actually all of those are germanic languages with english being specially tailored for the retarded but ambitious island monkies. also dont call me a bitch, i just broke my arm last week doing b-ball heroics(which readily explains the lack of capital letters). im quite the stud actually. you hear that jaybird? i digg motherly types...

Edited by DS17Fanboy