• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trouble with Miami

Trout7

34 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm sorry but I'd definitely love to have Drexler or Dumars over Wade on my team. Did you watch basketball prior to 5 years ago? It's ok if you caught on late but please don't forget the greats of the game. Dumars was the Jordan stopper in his prime and Drexler lead a contending blazer team to the finals in 92 only to lose to Jordan. 

@kg01 I can see you being one of those new school kids who thinks Kobe is better than Jordan. Lol. Do you think Anthony Davis is better than Bill Russell. As the kids say..swag on sun. 

A SHOOTING GUARD NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO SHOOT!!! DWade can't shoot!!!!!

I stand by my statements and I think most of the basketball-knowledgeable public would agree with me.

Slammed!

Put a poal up so folks can vote on it.

• Premium Member
On 3/20/2016 at 0:32 PM, Spud2Nique said:

Hmmmm not sure about Wade being comparable to Kobe or Jordan. Personally I think he got lucky winning his 3 rings. One was courtesy of Shaq and the other two were Lebron. He's still a hall of famer but no where near Kobe or Jordan. Speaking of that, I don't believe Kobe is even as close to Jordan as many believe.

Also, funny you mentioned IQ. Before even reading this thread, I mentioned the Rockets announcers having a low IQ on the Hawks Rox game thread. Lol

Courtsey Shaq and Lebron.  Who was carrying who?

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I stand by my statements and I think most of the basketball-knowledgeable public would agree with me.

Slammed!

Put a poal up so folks can vote on it.

I'm afraid to put up a pole when YOU'RE around...for obvious reasons. Lol.

I'm sure it doesn't but that's not really my style anyway lol. I can't tell you how many old basketball games I've watched. I'm kind of a connoisseur if I do say so myself. Joe was good, really good, but he's no D Wade. He's a better shooter than wade...literally the comparison stops right there. 

2 hours ago, jy23 said:

I'm sure it doesn't but that's not really my style anyway lol. I can't tell you how many old basketball games I've watched. I'm kind of a connoisseur if I do say so myself. Joe was good, really good, but he's no D Wade. He's a better shooter than wade...literally the comparison stops right there. 

I respect your opinion. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.I know Wade is a hellavu player. I guess what I'm saying is that if I was a GM I'd go outside shooting and defense over flashy drives to the hoop. But again, Wade has heart for days. I just would rather have Drexler or Dumars, personal preference.

• Moderators

Wade - 24.7 PER, 4.8 rpg, 5.8 apg, 1.7 spg, 0.9 bpg, 23.7 ppg, .562 TS%            ----      1 NBA Finals MVP, 3 All-Defense, 8 All-NBA

Dumars - 15.3 PER, 2.2 rpg, 4.5 apg, 0.9 spg, 0.1 bpg, 16.1 ppg, .554 TS%       ------    0 MVP, 5 All-Defense, 3 All-NBA

Drexler - 21.1 PER, 4.9 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.6 bpg, 20.4 ppg, .547 TS%       ------    0 MVP, 0 All-Defense, 5 All-NBA

Iverson - 20.9 PER, 3.7 rpg, 6.2 apg, 2.2 spg, 0.2 bpg, 26.7 ppg, .518 TS%       ------    1 MVP, 0 All-Defense, 7 All-NBA

Miller - 18.4 PER, 3.0 rpg, 3.0 apg, 0.8 spg, 0.1 bpg, 18.2 ppg, .614 TS%       ------    0 MVP, 0 All-Defense, 3 All-NBA

You guys can fill out anyone else you want.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wade - 24.7 PER, 4.8 rpg, 5.8 apg, 1.7 spg, 0.9 bpg, 23.7 ppg, .562 TS%            ----      1 NBA Finals MVP, 3 All-Defense, 8 All-NBA

Dumars - 15.3 PER, 2.2 rpg, 4.5 apg, 0.9 spg, 0.1 bpg, 16.1 ppg, .554 TS%       ------    0 MVP, 5 All-Defense, 3 All-NBA

Drexler - 21.1 PER, 4.9 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.6 bpg, 20.4 ppg, .547 TS%       ------    0 MVP, 0 All-Defense, 5 All-NBA

Iverson - 20.9 PER, 3.7 rpg, 6.2 apg, 2.2 spg, 0.2 bpg, 26.7 ppg, .518 TS%       ------    1 MVP, 0 All-Defense, 7 All-NBA

Miller - 18.4 PER, 3.0 rpg, 3.0 apg, 0.8 spg, 0.1 bpg, 18.2 ppg, .614 TS%       ------    0 MVP, 0 All-Defense, 3 All-NBA

You guys can fill out anyone else you want.  

I think people forget how much of a BEAST Iverson was. He was barely 6' and dominated at times. I know he was a little rough around the edges for some, but I never questioned whether he was going all out on the court.

10 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I respect your opinion. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.I know Wade is a hellavu player. I guess what I'm saying is that if I was a GM I'd go outside shooting and defense over flashy drives to the hoop. But again, Wade has heart for days. I just would rather have Drexler or Dumars, personal preference.

You say you'd rather have defense like Wade doesn't play any. And I have to completely disagree with your earlier statements about Wade riding Shaq and Lebron to his finals wins. You can argue that they all rode him to those 3 finals...especially the first one with Shaq. Wade damn near won that one by himself 

2 minutes ago, jy23 said:

You say you'd rather have defense like Wade doesn't play any. And I have to completely disagree with your earlier statements about Wade riding Shaq and Lebron to his finals wins. You can argue that they all rode him to those 3 finals...especially the first one with Shaq. Wade damn near won that one by himself 

That's very true. He won that ONE and Shaq rode him, but the other TWO championships were about 80% Lebron ...10% Bosh and 10% Wade. We saw what Wade did prior to Lebron coming to Miami. He lost to us in the first round of the playoffs. Wade was probably great from 2005-2010, then just a compliment to Lebron. From time to time he still has good games, but he's pretty much done. His vicious style got to him too early in his career and I don't blame him because what else would he do besides drive...he can't shoot from outside so...

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

That's very true. He won that ONE and Shaq rode him, but the other TWO championships were about 80% Lebron ...10% Bosh and 10% Wade. We saw what Wade did prior to Lebron coming to Miami. He lost to us in the first round of the playoffs. Wade was probably great from 2005-2010, then just a compliment to Lebron. From time to time he still has good games, but he's pretty much done. His vicious style got to him too early in his career and I don't blame him because what else would he do besides drive...he can't shoot from outside so...

Your criticism of Wade doesn't take into account that neither Dumars nor Drexler could've won a championship as the lead guy, or without significant help.  Wade was, and has been a monster from Day 1.  And even he needed other Hall of Famers to help him win a title.

Kind of off topic, but not really ... which center would you rather have?  Shaq or Patrick Ewing.?

Ewing was arguably one of the most offensively versatile centers of all time, seeing that he had both an excellent post up and long midrange game.

Shaq had no offensive versatility. He was all power, all the time.   He called himself Superman, but he was more like the Hulk.  

But like Wade and his attack to the rim, Shaq's power game was literally unstoppable in their primes.  If you didn't foul them, they were going to score one way or the other.    

And the biggest thing you're overlooking is that Wade's "drive and draw fouls" game, is normally more condusive to winning championship, than being a great shooter.  

From our current team's standpoint, a player with Wade like ability to get to the hole and draw fouls, could put us over the top and get us to the Finals.  Great shooters can be neutralized somewhat.  Great attackers are harder to stop.

On 3/20/2016 at 4:36 PM, Alex said:

The Hawks are 6-5 against the 4,5, and 6 seeds right now.  Miami, Boston, and Charlotte with one game left against Boston I believe.  Chances are the Hawks will host or end up playing one of these teams in round one.  No matter who they face it's going to be a struggle.  Similar to the Brooklyn series last year.  

That's true for every team in the East (unless TOR faces CHI, they can't beat the Bulls for some dumb reason).

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's true for every team in the East (unless TOR faces CHI, they can't beat the Bulls for some dumb reason).

The eastern first round is going to be wild outside of 1 vs 8. Going to have at least two series go the distance.

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Your criticism of Wade doesn't take into account that neither Dumars nor Drexler could've won a championship as the lead guy, or without significant help.  Wade was, and has been a monster from Day 1.  And even he needed other Hall of Famers to help him win a title.

Kind of off topic, but not really ... which center would you rather have?  Shaq or Patrick Ewing.?

Ewing was arguably one of the most offensively versatile centers of all time, seeing that he had both an excellent post up and long midrange game.

Shaq had no offensive versatility. He was all power, all the time.   He called himself Superman, but he was more like the Hulk.  

But like Wade and his attack to the rim, Shaq's power game was literally unstoppable in their primes.  If you didn't foul them, they were going to score one way or the other.    

And the biggest thing you're overlooking is that Wade's "drive and draw fouls" game, is normally more condusive to winning championship, than being a great shooter.  

From our current team's standpoint, a player with Wade like ability to get to the hole and draw fouls, could put us over the top and get us to the Finals.  Great shooters can be neutralized somewhat.  Great attackers are harder to stop.

Strong argument. Wade couldn't put us over the top now though no way, maybe 5 years ago. I hope you are right about great shooter being neutalized otherwise the Warriors will repeat. Also as far as your Shaq or Ewing argument, I feel it's flawed because you are comparing a power big man in Shaq to a power guard in Wade. I'm an old school guy as think Ewing was great but if I'm constructing a team, give me Shaq 10/10 times because he's my big, he needs to be powerful. I'd much rather have the duo of Shaq and Drexler or Reggie Miller in this case over a softer big in Ewing (softer than Shaq anyway) and a power guard in Wade. 

Shaq+Reggie Miller>>> Ewing+Wade

Lets hear the argument against my theory of:

Power big> Power guard

Soft guard>Soft center

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The eastern first round is going to be wild outside of 1 vs 8. Going to have at least two series go the distance.

Agreed. But that's what the NBA wants for ratings. Look for some shady calls from refs in the playoffs favoring the trailing team to stretch games to 6 or 7. The NBA front office is a shady and has been for a long long time. They wanna make every last penny they can.

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Depending on who finishes 8, that series could go long as well.