Great game terrible ending

gsuteke

How do you pass that ball if you're Jeff Teague?  When he passed it to Horford there was 3 seconds on the clock and he was at the 3 point line.  He gave it up to a Center on the run to shoot a 3 on the move when you only needed 2 points.  Shumpert was facing Teague who had been driving to the basket at will all night.  It was a drive for a layup or a likely foul call.  

Im pulling my hair out right now.  

I was born in 1966 and have been fans of all Atlanta sports teams. I am not complaining, it is just what happens at the end of almost virtually all games at crunch time.   I think all the Hawks nerves get to them somehow in the clutch.  I accept this, it is what it is.

36 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I don't mind that decision, if Teague drives with three seconds the help defense will get there and there isn't time to kick out.  However, there were a lot of plays and decisions in crucial times in the fourth and OT that were very questionable and unfortunate. The Baze unforced TO, the Thabo three point attempt early in the shot clock, the Paul Millsap ISO call in the wing. Burning a TO for no reason etc... We need to get better at end of game situations, it has been an issue all year. 

Part of the process, figuring out how to win close games and not making the same mistakes

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

These results have happened many times and will happen many more times in the future.

4 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Part of the process, figuring out how to win close games and not making the same mistakes

It's the same results that we got in the Babcock and Joe Johnson days. 

1 minute ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

why you still here? you dont like this team anyways right?

That post was original.  You're clearly on the thought provoking edge of HS here.

Now that we have anointed you the official "comment police" plz share with us how he is wrong.

1 minute ago, gsuteke said:

That post was original.  You're clearly on the thought provoking edge of HS here.

Now that we have anointed you the official "comment police" plz share with us how he is wrong.

im not trying to police hotlanta, im just asking him why he still here posting negative and praising how bad this team is, i never seen him post a single positive comment even when hawks win a game, he just stays quiet.

I think Teague was just trying to not make the same mistake he did in regulation and run the clock out. That's the one that got me more than anything, just get a damn shot up at the rim at least!  He actually should've passed early to Al in that situation when they came to double, but instead did it in OT when it made less sense?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I think Teague was just trying to not make the same mistake he did in regulation and run the clock out. That's the one that got me more than anything, just get a damn shot up at the rim at least!  He actually should've passed early to Al in that situation when they came to double, but instead did it in OT when it made less sense?

yea they really need to know and decide whos the go to guy on the team

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Boston goes in and knocks off GS while the Hawks biggest achievement is beating up on crappy teams like Chicago, Washington and Detroit. 

Boston is not going to beat Cleveland, but they might be the 3rd best team in the conference. 

I'd say Miami is 3rd best. It's scary Green finally playing good again.