• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 playoffs discussion

Alex

West playoffs are gonna extremely lopsided in round one.  I think the east will be much more competitive.  

Detroit it is able to hang with Cleveland, but James gets away with two obvious offensive fouls.  Cleveland will definitely have their hands full in this series, but the league won't allow them to lose.

Amazing how loose Detroit is playing this game.  A team full of a ton of young players with little to no playoff experience is going toe to toe with the Cavaliers in their gym.  Stan Van is a great coach and much better than someone else.

Didn't watch the game, but apparently CHA came out like a house a-fire ... or is that like a dumpster fire (ohhh, I'm here all week).

Agree with you though @Alex, WC playoffs round 1 will be tremendously lopsided.  The 2nd round should be epic though.

It's almost the opposite in the East maybe.  Good round 1, lopsided round 2 .... cause obviously ATL and MIA will sweep their 2nd round series .....

Actually let me rephrase and say the entire first round has the potential to be very boring.  

I watched some of the Charlotte-Miami tilt and it was not pretty.  Charlotte looked awful and Miami looked great.  Miami is a dangerous team and a dark horse to beat Cleveland if they meet.  

• Moderators
10 hours ago, kg01 said:

What a game in OKC.  Durant is great but he's got some choke in his game.  Really odd.  Dude was 7-33 from the field.  Yikes.

7-33.  Hilarious.   So I think we see why he may not want to come to Atlanta.   He'd never have the opportunity to shoot 33 shots in a game with our offense.  

I'd love for Dallas to win this series.   They showed a stat that OKC has blown 14 4th quarter leads this season and i think have more 4th quarter turnovers than anyone in the league.  

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

7-33.  Hilarious.   So I think we see why he may not want to come to Atlanta.   He'd never have the opportunity to shoot 33 shots in a game with our offense.  

I'd love for Dallas to win this series.   They showed a stat that OKC has blown 14 4th quarter leads this season and i think have more 4th quarter turnovers than anyone in the league.  

Yeah, I think I heard that they're 3-13 in "close games" after the all-star break.  Close games as in games where they're down at least 5 points with 5 minutes left or something like that.

Turnovers?  The only thing with more late turnovers than OKC is @Spud2Nique ... and it's apple turnovers ... which he eats as midnight snacks (ohhhhh, I'm on a roll!).

8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He and Westbrook forced A LOT of shots ... they are really unwilling to pass ... their assists come off broken plays or drive and dumps ... they don't like to give up the ball unless they have to.

Yep, on offense it's the two of them and nobody else. They won't win like that. The other players gotta feel a part of it. That offense has the rest of the team standing on offense as last resort broken play guys.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep, on offense it's the two of them and nobody else. They won't win like that. The other players gotta feel a part of it. That offense has the rest of the team standing on offense as last resort broken play guys.

The players are afraid to pass to anyone else ... I noticed Adams getting offensive rebounds and instead of passing it to someone else he would pass to one of them no matter if they were covered or not.  Extreme ISO team ... Houston is same way ... it is Harden (who does not play a lick of d) forcing everything up too.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, I think I heard that they're 3-13 in "close games" after the all-star break.  Close games as in games where they're down at least 5 points with 5 minutes left or something like that.

Turnovers?  The only thing with more late turnovers than OKC is @Spud2Nique ... and it's apple turnovers ... which he eats as midnight snacks (ohhhhh, I'm on a roll!).

I can't give this a like. I usually credit ur disses but this was half assed again. It's playoff time so you need to come with ur A game, this was lagging. Comon baby ur better than this, $hiiiiiiiiiiit.

Noticed the Spurs played 13 guys in game 1, I thought you could only play 12? Oh, and you get physical with Stephen Curry and he gets scared and fakes injuries. Lol. I love Pat Bev for punkin him. #patdabullyrules Wuck the Farriors!

26 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I can't give this a like. I usually credit ur disses but this was half assed again. It's playoff time so you need to come with ur A game, this was lagging. Comon baby ur better than this, $hiiiiiiiiiiit.

I dunno.  Thought late apple turnovers was pretty skrong.  

Spud be eating his turnovers like ...

Eating Chips in Bed

Hey, I'm up to the challenge though.  I'm not gonna "sprain my ankle" and sit out "hurt" like some dudes but then be all jumping up and down cheering on the sidelines in my ill-fitting sport coat. #LookinAtYouSCurry

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I dunno.  Thought late apple turnovers was pretty skrong.  

Spud be eating his turnovers like ...

Eating Chips in Bed

Hey, I'm up to the challenge though.  I'm not gonna "sprain my ankle" and sit out "hurt" like some dudes but then be all jumping up and down cheering on the sidelines in my ill-fitting sport coat. #LookinAtYouSCurry

YES!!!

29 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

YES!!!

Figured you'd appreciate the sCurry mention ... or you'd appreciate the fat-a** kid eating chips off his moobs gif to remind you of your childhood.  Oh man, that felt wrong.  Was that too far?  Yeah, self-ban.

I'm always at odds with Nique the Announcer but respect due for sticking up for Al (Baze too) in the wake of Heinson's criticism.    Then I take that respect back because he actually donned a Celtic uniform.

OKC is ass though.  My favorite players on that squad are Adams and Kanter.  Westbrook and KD's IQs are mediocre.  I'd much rather watch Minny or Boston play basketball contests.  

I'm so disappointed in Quinn for coming up a game short.  Utah likely would be tied with the Warriors instead of 0-2 by 35 points like that dumpster fire in Houston. 

Carlisle's reputation as a visionary young coach has been dimmed a little by Stevens but he reminded everyone why he's still one of the best.  That current active roster makes my stomach hurt.  Wouldn't be much better with Barrea, Parsons, and Lee either.

Jumping on a Hornets or Blazers upset bandwagon was cool until Game 1 knocked some sense back into folks.  Yeah, they're both more likable than the Clippers and probably more consistent in style of play than the Heat.  But the gaps in talent and experience levels couldn't be more vast.