• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 playoffs discussion

Alex

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Lurker said:

OKC goes back home with a chance to close that series out. That I did not expect at all.

They've had a lot help.   Spurs getting screwed in this one.   I guess the NBA is tired of their boring, winning ways.  

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/another-spurs-thunder-playoff-game-ended-in-a-no-call-controversy-044523748.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

They've had a lot help.   Spurs getting screwed in this one.   I guess the NBA is tired of their boring, winning ways.

Oh I definitely agree that a take foul was missed before the continuation "foul" but SAS missed the three on the play after anyway. Although I'm definitely assuming that Westbrook makes both, which is a solid assumption but not a guarantee.

Edited by Lurker

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Oh I definitely agree that a take foul was missed before the continuation "foul" but SAS missed the three on the play after anyway. Although I'm definitely assuming that Westbrook makes both, which is a solid assumption but not a guarantee.

Yeah but what's your frame of mind and concentration like shooting for the tie or win vs shooting to get within one and then looking to foul with time running out.     It's just pitiful that the refs would screw the pooch twice in the same series at the end of the game, both times giving advantage to OKC.    

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah but what's your frame of mind and concentration like shooting for the tie or win vs shooting to get within one and then looking to foul with time running out.     It's just pitiful that the refs would screw the pooch twice in the same series at the end of the game, both times giving advantage to OKC.    

I hate it when people say, "Oh, yeah there was that critical blown call but they made other mistakes that could have won them the game anyway."  It is headscratching to me.  If the game is a virtual tie and the refs give the winning edge to one team then that is the perfect scenario to cry about (other than the brutal LAL/SAC scenario).  In a game where the teams are even, that is the scenario where a key bad call or two is most likely to make one team a winner and one team a lose.  If the calls went the opposite way and gave a huge key advantage to the other team they win (maybe Westbrook gets called for a travel and then they send the Spurs to the line instead of them just missing).  This is especially troubling when it goes to a team that is chronically favored by the refs.  It only takes a small edge to separate a win from a loss at high level basketball.

TOR is freaking awful.  Awful!  The fact that we farted away the 3-seed, and thereby cost ourselves another ECF appearance, is really hitting home as I sit here watching the cRaptors toss up off-balance long-2's as if that a good shot for anybody.

You're gonna give De-NO-zan a max deal?!?  In any other era of basketball he'd be playing overseas.  What a time to be alive!  Right, Demar?

Oh and, this just in, Shannon Fries just missed a shot for the first time in like ever.

10 hours ago, capstone21 said:

It's the Adams trade not the Harden trade

I'm just gonna steal and run with this if that's okay.

But yeah, I would've thought the Cavs' biggest playoff win came against us in the past 2 trips.  Good going, T-Dot.

• Moderators

It would be an even better statistic if Paul's first year in the NBA wasn't the year of the 2006 WCF.  So this is a combination of something neat and something misleading.

You have to add more teams to the list (like the Kings) once you look at his actual career.

• Like 1

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, AHF said:

It would be an even better statistic if Paul's first year in the NBA wasn't the year of the 2006 WCF.  So this is a combination of something neat and something misleading.

You have to add more teams to the list (like the Kings) once you look at his actual career.

Great point.   That makes it a little more relevant in my mind.  It's also interesting that they single him out for being part of two teams in his career that haven't made the WCF but that has to be the case for tons of good players.    And it's not like the Clips or New Orleans went dry just while he was there.   Before and after CP doesn't look good either.