• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 playoffs discussion

Alex

Miami will probably win this series now but they're just a bunch of names. IF, IF Toronto somehow gets past a veteran Indiana team and then a veteran Miami team (that has players that have been through the playoff wars while they're trying to solve them), I doubt they have the stomach to face Cleveland and be a legit challenge to them if they do.

Two game sevens in the East.  I can dig it.  

Vogel can pull out all the stops and should outclass Casey even on the road.  It's safe to say Demarre (middle name LaEdrick) isn't lighting the world on fire like he did for us last Round 1.  That Myles Turner kid is solid too.  

Without the unusual Wade jump shot heroics, Charlotte has looked like the more focused team with better defined roles: everybody defend hard and sell out on the glass while Kemba and Lin create.  Miami has been all over the place all season, they can easily lay an egg at home.

On April 28, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Lurker said:

McCollum has impressed me way more than Lillard in that series. He got off to a slow start himself but has been great in the last three games.

He's much smarter,  more efficient, and a better defender than Lilliard, especially off the ball where Lilliard is awful.  McCollum's shot selection is slick and savvy, Lilliard's is ridiculous. The Blazers' brass will realize this sooner or later, and Lilliard's contract will look more and more like an albatross.  It even accelerates like Joe's did, ugh.

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Derozen wants a max contract ... He has shown he does not deserve it ... He and Lowry have been awful in the playoffs

No he doesn't, but the Lakers would love to throw it at a hometown boy just because they got stupid cap space.  I thought he was decent but over the course of a series I see that boy can't pass worth a damn.  

The Raptors are a hard team to figure out, even they can't seem to.  Everyone talks about their backcourt, but they may go as Valencunas goes, well known for disappearing acts.  Why Vogel got all 13 of his guys time in a blowout win but Casey never called Scola or James Johnson is beyond me.

Edited by benhillboy

If I had to put money on either road team doing it, it’d be Indiana. They’re the team that has the postseason experience and George is better than Lowry and DeRozan anyway.

Even if Toronto does get past Indiana (and unfortunately I think Indiana blew their best chance at the series in the 4th quarter of game 5) their best chance at getting to the ECF at all is praying to God that Charlotte upsets Miami. As they aren’t getting past Miami and will have problems with both.

49 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I was at this game a couple months back and was like, how does THAT dude get to stay? He must be a rapper/movie director or something!

~lw3

He seems like a moron but I kinda enjoyed him givin it to Wade last night. Lol. 

Outside of one, maybe two games every time I've really paid attention to OKC I haven't been impressed this season. Two generational talents but...

1. Focus problems.

2. Bad defensive team.

3. They play a lot of one on one on offense.

Looks like Charlotte never made it Miami after game 6.  Probably the most pathetic showing in a game 7 I have ever seen.  

Golden State-San Antonio is going to be electric.  Can't wait for that series.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alex said:

Looks like Charlotte never made it Miami after game 6.  Probably the most pathetic showing in a game 7 I have ever seen.  

Oddly enough, the most recent game-7 flop I could think of was an unnamed 8th seed going down in BOS several years ago.

@Spud2Nique are you finally ready to join me on the dark side w.r.t. Jeremy Lamb?

So he and his wife can kill the social media pleas, huh?

Such a weird case, but Miami clearly can't put him on the floor as a clear threat to himself.  Pat is too shrewd, plus he has Alonzo Mourning by his side for extra input on the issue.  I do appreciate Bosh's incessant desire to help his team at his possible expense in contrast to that bum Rose and how he left his teammates out to dry in the playoffs after the entire Board of Chicago Health cleared him.

Edited by benhillboy

Whiteside got hurt tonight. Wonder how many minutes he will be good for in the next few games. Miami seems fragile when thinking about them facing the Cavs, if they do face the Cavs. 

17 hours ago, Thomas said:

It turns out both the Heat and Raptors lost their centers in todays game. Wonder who will be able to suit up next game? 

Neither looked too bad.  MRIs should be negative.  I think both teams should be okay for a game without either though.  They'll both still be isolation-oriented, rugged, well-coached, and kinda sloppy.

Edited by benhillboy

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Toronto just stated their center Val is out for the series. Thats really messed up.

Which I  could feel bad for Toronto but nobody gavea poop when we lost Korver in last year's playoffs.

Hawks were in three of four games but LeBron in the clutch and the Cavs three point shooting was to much of a mountain to scale. Keep Humph around for next year and use him in the playoffs.

33 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Hawks were in three of four games but LeBron in the clutch and the Cavs three point shooting was to much of a mountain to scale. Keep Humph around for next year and use him in the playoffs.

We couldn't score in the 4th quarter of G3 - 19 points. That's  not because  LeBron is clutch. We have no leader when things get tight and the game is on the line.