• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Durant coming to Atlanta would be a step up for him.

Hawkmoor

LMAO. The OKC thunder.  Getting demolished by the Spurs.   I know it aint happening,  but like people on this board keep saying, the Hawks need a scorer and the fit is just too perfect.   Go ahead and go to the Lakers or Knicks, they worse than the thunder and Durant couldnt help them no more than he could help the thunder. In Atlanta's offense, he is the missing piece that would instantly put them on Golden State level.

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Why would Durant take less money to come play with the Hawks? He's going to go to a team where he gets his money and that either has or will attract other great players.

Less Money? If Durant  is coming here it'll  be a 4 year max. 

How can the Hawks do that  - renounce Baze, Kris and Kirk, find a taker for Splitter and not pick up Scott's  team option.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Less Money? If Durant  is coming here it'll  be a 4 year max. 

How can the Hawks do that  - renounce Baze, Kris and Kirk, find a taker for Splitter and not pick up Scott's  team option.

I was saying as is, he would be taking less money.  And even if the Hawks made room, I still think he goes to link up with other great players.

I guess people forgot how bad the Spurs made US look too the past couple seasons. Some of our worst most embraressing losses came from SA, so let's not sit here and say that we are better than the Thunder

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I was saying as is, he would be taking less money.  And even if the Hawks made room, I still think he goes to link up with other great players.

I'm  not under illusions  that Durant will consider the Hawks. 

I'm  just making it clear that we can keep the core of the team and still clear salary to offer him a max 4 year deal.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I guess people forgot how bad the Spurs made US look too the past couple seasons. Some of our worst most embraressing losses came from SA, so let's not sit here and say that we are better than the Thunder

I don't  think I've  seen anyone say we are better than the Thunder as is. 

The prevailing thought is that with Kevin Durant on our Hawks we would be better than this current OKC version.

59 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Hawks are better than the thunder. Just the Hawks defense alone makes them better.  The Hawks problem is scoring droughts during games.  Durant would solve that issue for them.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member

Atlanta runs a similar system to San Antonio. If OKC loses in a convincing fashion to a well coached team who are all in sync where do you think he would want to go?  And which team in the nba lacks a superstar, is the second best defense behind San Antonio, and in a top 10 market.

KD needs to get his ass to Spurs East

• Like 2

I've never been a fan of the guy.    Too diva-ish, haven't seen any signs of high intelligence.  So called "superstars" who are mediocre defenders (less DWS than Baze) and don't set screens don't excite me.  He's just a higher-quality Melo, not worth putting too many resources and responsibility into.  Give me Kawhi or Paul George any day, for less, who both usually outplay Durant head-to-head.  

Building for a championship requires great players taking signifigant pay cuts, all smart executives know that.  I can't believe people actually think Golden State is gonna allow Durant to walk on to the team making almost three times as Steph when he's totally oblivious to their system and assist-based ball. 

A max for Durant doesn't satisfy any championship aspirations.  Only regular season sellout streak ones.  Luckily Atlanta ain't an option so the brass can keep their eyes on two-way players who fit the defensive theme.

Edited by benhillboy

Regardless of what happens for the rest of the playoffs, here's two moves I really want to see happen for next year:

1. Go back to playing a guy that is near PF size at SF. (see if you can talk Nicolas Batum out of Charlotte as a starter)

2. Korver goes back to coming off the bench.

I think we can rest assured that the Hawks will NOT be having a press conference announcing the signing of Kevin Durant come July. Even if he decides to leave a very good team behind in OKC, the lure to be the guy who brings the Lakers back to prominence (along with others who will surely follow him there) will be too great to pass up. Not to mention that Golden State might take a look at him as well as San Antonio if Duncan and Ginobili retires. I'd be the most shocked guy on Earth if they can even get a meeting with him much less get his name on a contract. 

The very thought of a Durant/Millsap/Horford frontcourt would bring more coverage to the franchise than even last year's 60-win season and run to the ECFs. Hell, even the teams in Nique's heyday wouldn't compare to that in terms of the amount of eyeballs that would be keenly tuned in. But it's just not happening, folks. Now back to reality...

After Lebron (yeah right) and Durant (ditto), there just isn't much there in terms of free agents at the SF spot. We already know that someone is going to throw eight figures to go after Bazemore and unless Batum is willing to leave town, that leaves...Harrison Barnes? Jeff Green? Evan Turner?

The offseason is not going to be dull, I'll tell you that much...

• Like 1

On 5/1/2016 at 10:40 PM, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Durant to Hawks? that's hard to see i  don't think he will fit in Hawks system, and i dont think he's interested joining in hawks, he rather join a contending team

Yeah if the core was younger I could see it but I couldn't imagine him wanting to play with a team where their two best players are already in their 30s and besides Dennis there's not really a young player with a high ceiling.