• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder, anyone?

bumpyphish1

Yeah, "sigh"....terrible to see the one player--one of our youngest and most talented--we have who isn't scared of the spotlight or big shot to have a potentially breakout prime-time playoff game.  Sigh, indeed.

HUH?  Teague, crush?  Sorry, your heart's gonna get broken this offseason.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Yeah, "sigh"....terrible to see the one player--one of our youngest and most talented--we have who isn't scared of the spotlight or big shot to have a potentially breakout prime-time playoff game.  Sigh, indeed.

HUH?  Teague, crush?  Sorry, your heart's gonna get broken this offseason.

Glad you got all of that out of a one word post. GO HAWKS!

45 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Al has got to nut up and play big for us.  Sap did his part on the glass.  Al got outrebounded by Thompson, Love, and LBJ.  That can't happen.

Al seem like he be playing like he doesn't want to get hurt.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Glad you got all of that out of a one word post. GO HAWKS!

Sorry, you didn't give me much to go off with your vague substance-lacking "Sigh".  Please feel free to expand your idea and provide explicit ideas.

Did some of that hit home a little?  I'm assuming "Sigh" was from a place of "I get worn out reading posts that advocate for Dennis because I think Teague it better"   Am I wrong?   

We could look back as tonight as a pivotal game in Dennis's player growth--wish he'd led us to a W. 

3 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Silver lining of the game.  27 points with five 3's on 50% shooting.  Whole team collectively shot 37% from the field--that won't last..

You all got to see the future tonight, fans.  He's not there yet--just scratching the surface.

How about those 2 crucial turnovers by dennis at the 4th? You're praising  so strong how good Schröder is, and bashing other hawks players especially on Jeff teague, almost seems like you only care about dennis not the whole team..

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

How about those 2 crucial turnovers by dennis at the 4th? You're praising  so strong how good Schröder is, and bashing other hawks players especially on Jeff teague, almost seems like you only care about dennis not the whole team..

I didn't bash Teague.  I just said prepare yourself if you're a big fan that he isn't part the of longterm plan.  Schröder did have some bad possessions in the fourth.  So did everyone else--in the fourth and all game.  Geez, give credit where it is due.  Dennis was one of the best players on the court tonight and definitely was for the Hawks.

Teague is a solid PG.  Dennis is a future star and he showed it tonight.   

21 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

I didn't bash Teague.  I just said prepare yourself if you're a big fan that he isn't part the of longterm plan.  Schröder did have some bad possessions in the fourth.  So did everyone else--in the fourth and all game.  Geez, give credit where it is due.  Dennis was one of the best players on the court tonight and definitely was for the Hawks.

Okay.

• Like 1

To me one of the most impressive moments of the night from Dennis was when he stepped in front of Sap and tried to calm him down after a hard foul.  Considering Dennis was the cause of some ill advised fouls, techs and even a flagrant in round 1, I was glad to see him maintaining his composure and helping his teammates do the same.  Very mature actions from a player who hasn't shown the greatest maturity over the past few seasons (of course, he's still very young himself too!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Okay.

C'mon Spursfan (and apparently @hawkman ) all the OP was doing was praising DMike for a good game.  Not bashing anyone else.

The kid had a great showing last night and was gassed late hence the turnovers.  If you wanna see some bashing, tune in for my posts regarding Al and Kyle.

I can't really recall if Jeff played well or not.  It's weird.  I'm not even being sarcastic, I just don't recall how he played.  That may be a problem in and of itself.  No, I don't mean early onset alzheimers.  I mean, we need Jeff to make Kyme work and I don't think he did that.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

C'mon Spursfan (and apparently @hawkman ) all the OP was doing was praising DMike for a good game.  Not bashing anyone else.

The kid had a great showing last night and was gassed late hence the turnovers.  If you wanna see some bashing, tune in for my posts regarding Al and Kyle.

I can't really recall if Jeff played well or not.  It's weird.  I'm not even being sarcastic, I just don't recall how he played.  That may be a problem in and of itself.  No, I don't mean early onset alzheimers.  I mean, we need Jeff to make Kyme work and I don't think he did that.

I know, but some posters seem more about, "my player did good so my opinion is validated", than about the team. It gets tiresome.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I know, but some posters seem more about, "my player did good so my opinion is validated", than about the team. It gets tiresome.

Ahhh, so you're thinking the OP has a lil' agenda showing?  I hope not.  DMike had a great game, deserves some kudos.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

I think that in every playoff series since Chicago, Teague has been showing and showcasing his ability on the big stage.  Basketball is about matchups.  This matchup works better for Dennis, just like the Boston Matchup worked better for Teague.

That's why we are better with the both of them than we would be with either one of them singularly.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden, Wurider05 sagte:

Dennis was tired as hell. He couldn't even catch his breath..

Ohh thank you!!! Finally someone who has noticed that Dennis was goddamn tired. Don´t forget that he played such an intensive defense against probably the best PG of th EC 

• Admin

Dennis and Baz got us back into the game but they also lost it for us in the 4th ....  Dennis got sloppy and made bad turnovers and Baz started chucking ... one point on a fast break when the game was tied Al was completely alone under the basket ... a gimme ... and Baz chucked and missed a three.  

Dennis had a phenomenal game ... he was making shots he usually doesn't make but he was tired and probably a little over confident at the end and we needed a fresh Teague to get in there and settle things down.  When Teague came back in at the mid of the 4th he should have stayed in.  

Our lack of rebounding/boxing out was the other reason.  Man that is so dissappointing how we continue to let opposing teams to get in there and get O Boards.  Lets get Hump some minutes.

• Like 3