• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's just call it what it is...

DocWilkins

The hawks are a good team. They are simply too flawed to ever be GREAT as constructed. We are 0-6 in OT games and we fall apart in the last 4-5 minutes of the game. We do not have a go to player and that just kills us. I was proud of the effort but we do not have a low post presence, a dominant wing player and you truly never know what your going to get out of Teague or Dennis. I hate Cleveland but they have a collection of guys that can flat out score. Seems as if we grind on every possession and we have too many stretches of sloppy play on both sides of the ball. I think Coach Bud even with his strange substitutions has gotten the most out of this bunch. I am hoping and praying we can claw out this series but I felt like we had to get Game 1. 

What say you Hawks' fans? 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think flawed is the word.   We just don't have enough talent.     Look at the payroll.    Hawks payroll is $71 million, Cavs is $105 million (they aren't paying all of it but that's what their players make).      Looking at the starting lineups they have 4 of the top 5 highest paid players on the court.     Money doesn't mean everything but it's an strong indication.

And yet some folks want the Hawks to shell out more money just to retain the main pieces of this same flawed team that lacks talent.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

You know Bud is going to t bring back the same damn  team. He will pay Horf and Blaze and the Hawks will continue their slide down the ladder.

If he does, he's either delusional or he doesn't really care about winning in the playoffs.

• Like 1

If this was the Sund/Woody/Drew era then I'd agree that very few moves would be made.  However, the current organization has shown that it isn't afraid to make moves when warranted.

Not to beat a dead horse, but if there's one thing Ferry was good at, it was shaking things up.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

If this was the Sund/Woody/Drew era then I'd agree that very few moves would be made.  However, the current organization has shown that it isn't afraid to make moves when warranted.

Not to beat a dead horse, but if there's one thing Ferry was good at, it was shaking things up.

The last significant moves by this organization were made by Ferry.  Thus far, Bud has mainly rolled with status quo.  I'm not sold that he will make significant changes even though it's clearly evident that he needs to.

• Like 1

It wouldnt be so bad but this is how the last tight game against the cavs went.  The last tight game in the Boston series went the sameway.  At some point it will in their heads if Bud doesnt figure fix it.

On 5/3/2016 at 0:18 PM, DocWilkins said:

The hawks are a good team. They are simply too flawed to ever be GREAT as constructed. We are 0-6 in OT games and we fall apart in the last 4-5 minutes of the game. We do not have a go to player and that just kills us. I was proud of the effort but we do not have a low post presence, a dominant wing player and you truly never know what your going to get out of Teague or Dennis. I hate Cleveland but they have a collection of guys that can flat out score. Seems as if we grind on every possession and we have too many stretches of sloppy play on both sides of the ball. I think Coach Bud even with his strange substitutions has gotten the most out of this bunch. I am hoping and praying we can claw out this series but I felt like we had to get Game 1. 

Hawks dont even need a superstar, REALLY, just someone with a CONSISTENT jumpshot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We just can't finish (I can find a lude joke in their somewhere but I'll leave it for @kg01).

Nah, I don't go for the low hanging fruit.  Who do you think I am?  @Dolfan23 (ohhhh)

26 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Hawks dont even need a superstar, REALLY, just someone with a CONSISTENT jumpshot.

No, we also need a closer especially in close games where no one is willing to step up with confidence and hit a shot that matters.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

We don't need one if we care about a ring.  As far as consistent jump shots, not too many guys have been more consistent over the years than Korver.  Coming off surgery, he isn't at his recent level this season but no one should be shocked by that.  I'm curious whether he will rebound next year after having the time for his usual offseason routine.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2016 at 0:18 PM, DocWilkins said:

We can be great with another year of development from Dennis and one marquee FA acquisition (Durant would be a wet dream), but there are others.  

Cheap vet big to replace Humphries or give him another year.

THE END.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We just can't finish (I can find a lude joke in their somewhere but I'll leave it for @kg01).

See I have the exact opposite problem...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AHF said:

We don't need one if we care about a ring.  As far as consistent jump shots, not too many guys have been more consistent over the years than Korver.  Coming off surgery, he isn't at his recent level this season but no one should be shocked by that.  I'm curious whether he will rebound next year after having the time for his usual offseason routine.

He'll be 36. Time is short for him at this point one way or another. He can't be counted on for the long term.

• Like 2

The only way to get a superstar here is to engage tank mode, and that is not guaranteed of anything. It can be done without a superstar but we are definitely outgunned against our big brother Cavs from a talent standpoint. It's glaringly obvious. 

It's going to take some outside-the-box thinking and we have an unproven GM whose only moves thus far haven't exactly panned out.