• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Changes for game 3

First off, what would the late 80's Pistons do if you tried to get a record against them? Punch you directly in the mouth. They didn't care if your name was Michael Jordan or Kurt Rambis. We need to fight. Because the Cavs are up 2-0, I think in the back of their minds they want to stay injury free. I say we play reckless...take a page out of Dirty Delly's book. What do we have to lose. Even if we lose, what is that a 10 game suspension next REGULAR SEASON. Who cares. Next, im with North on going big, or at least changing things. Bud tells Hump he starts and he keeps Tristan off the glass and makes him extend on D. New lineup:

Dennis

Baze

Sap

Horf

Hump

first off bench: Thabo, Korver

Bud HAS to adjust to this and the players have to grab those tiny @kg01 lil berries they got between their legs and man up. 

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

First off, what would the late 80's Pistons do if you tried to get a record against them? Punch you directly in the mouth. They didn't care if your name was Michael Jordan or Kurt Rambis. We need to fight. Because the Cavs are up 2-0, I think in the back of their minds they want to stay injury free. I say we play reckless...take a page out of Dirty Delly's book. What do we have to lose. Even if we lose, what is that a 10 game suspension next REGULAR SEASON. Who cares. Next, im with North on going big, or at least changing things. Bud tells Hump he starts and he keeps Tristan off the glass and makes him extend on D. New lineup:

Dennis

Baze

Sap

Horf

Hump

Bud HAS to adjust to this and the players have to grab those tiny @kg01 lil berries they got between their legs and man up. 

Hawks fight?  Pffft, last night they had less ballz than this guy ...

nut-smash

Don't look if you're squemish or ... a dude.  Too late?  Oh well, I also found this one which made me smile for some reason ...

Jimmy Kimmel Live "Humpilates" sketch featured Scarlett Johansson

• Moderators

I understand the sentiment and we do have to do something different in terms of game plan, but totally abandoning what we've done all season and trying something new against the Cavs is just a recipe for another beat down.   This isn't high school.   If we can't execute our regular offense we damn sure aren't going to throw a bunch of new wrinkles in there and still hold onto the ball.   The Cavs are too good to get beat by tricks and misdirection.  

Last year I think we lost because we were too banged up and had some nba BS working against us.   This year we just aren't on the same level talent wise from top to bottom.  Sucks but it's true.

It's not rocket surgery.  Play better, play like you give a damn - battle.

I don't care that we lose, it's the WAY we lose.  Go down swinging, scratching and clawing instead of just taking it up the 'you know what' again and again.

Stay in the game till deep in the third. Start playing nasty with no regard for life and max out the fouls. They think to be already in the finals and will get all touchy feely and make their own mistakes bad mouthing reffs and thinking twice before pulling up for a 3.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't care that we lose, it's the WAY we lose.  Go down swinging, scratching and clawing instead of just taking it up the 'you know what' again and again.

^^^ This +10000000000000000000

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Stay in the game till deep in the third. Start playing nasty with no regard for life and max out the fouls. They think to be already in the finals and will get all touchy feely and make their own mistakes bad mouthing reffs and thinking twice before pulling up for a 3.

Your so right DS17. The main Cav crys to the refs all the time. All of them will probably cry if we show up in force. LeBron gets away with charges constantly no matter who their playing. Last game he took the night off from begging the refs because of our horrible showing.  Show up Hawks!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yup, that seems like the only right response. No adjustments in the world are gonna make a difference if the Hawks don't find their passion and pride for the game. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Dennis

Baze

Sap

Horf

Hump

Actually, thats a lineup the Hawks shouldve BEEN deploying all along during the season. Ive always felt that Sap should get big minutes at small forward, but people kept saying ( he cant stick with other small forwards).  Thats not the problem. The problem is they cant stick WITH HIM.  Then Hump, yes, let him bang the middle.  Horford. Put him at his natural position and let him take his 3 pointers.  This is a banging, hustle lineup and i like it.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I understand the sentiment and we do have to do something different in terms of game plan, but totally abandoning what we've done all season and trying something new against the Cavs is just a recipe for another beat down.   This isn't high school.   If we can't execute our regular offense we damn sure aren't going to throw a bunch of new wrinkles in there and still hold onto the ball.   The Cavs are too good to get beat by tricks and misdirection.  

Last year I think we lost because we were too banged up and had some nba BS working against us.   This year we just aren't on the same level talent wise from top to bottom.  Sucks but it's true.

DID YOU SEE THE LAST GAME??????

giphy.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

DID YOU SEE THE LAST GAME??????

giphy.gif

Oh yeah i saw it.   I saw guys going ISO, i saw failure to play any D and letting them jack wide open 3s.   This isn't how we won games this year.   We didn't play our game and get run over.   We totally abandoned the game plan and flat gave up.    If you think Hump, Scott, Hardaway, and Moose are going to do better than you are really smoking something.   Sure those guys have a role to play but it's the starters that have to step up.   Benching the starters would turn it into a Globetrotters game worse than game 2.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Oh yeah i saw it.   I saw guys going ISO, i saw failure to play any D and letting them jack wide open 3s.   This isn't how we won games this year.   We didn't play our game and get run over.   We totally abandoned the game plan and flat gave up.    If you think Hump, Scott, Hardaway, and Moose are going to do better than you are really smoking something.   Sure those guys have a role to play but it's the starters that have to step up.   Benching the starters would turn it into a Globetrotters game worse than game 2.  

The starters ARE the people who turned game 2 into  a Globetrotter game................

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

The starters ARE the people who turned game 2 into  a Globetrotter game................

And it's on them to redeem themselves.   If the bench had any chance to beat the Cavs they wouldn't be on the bench.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And it's on them to redeem themselves.   If the bench had any chance to beat the Cavs they wouldn't be on the bench.  

Bench? Bench? The WHOLE Hawks squad IS a BENCH. THATS the problem............... Bud's SYSTEM is the SOLE reason the Hawks have a winning record. Bud's SYSTEM will get you open LOOKS at the basket on offense.  The problem is out of 12-14 players they are carrying on that roster, only 2 or 3 are actually starters. Lets be real: Teague, Sap and Horford. Thats it, and Teague is soo sometimey, that you barely can count him.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Bench? Bench? The WHOLE Hawks squad IS a BENCH. THATS the problem............... Bud's SYSTEM is the SOLE reason the Hawks have a winning record. Bud's SYSTEM will get you open LOOKS at the basket on offense.  The problem is out of 12-14 players they are carrying on that roster, only 2 or 3 are actually starters.

I don't know what your point is but why do you think guys who aren't good enough to get playing time ahead of these terrible starters are going to come in and beat the cavs?   My point is that wholesale changes and benchings are going to give us less of a chance and that chance is already slim.  

We are outmatched.   Everyone sees that.   It's time for a little pride. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Bench? Bench? The WHOLE Hawks squad IS a BENCH. 

Sap, Horf, and Teague are no-brainer starters.  Korver and Baze are bench guys on most good teams.

• Like 1