• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

D12 for AL???

Diesel

• Premium Member

Let's consider the following.

IF we had D12 instead of AL for this series with Cleveland... Would our fortunes be better?

Here's my thing...

D12 pulled down 11.8 rpg and 1.6 bpg with Houston.  He was terribly misused in Houston.

If he were here, would we park him down low and let the offense run through him?  Could we get the ball into the lowpost Shaq like and let him kick it out to Korver, Sap, Teague.

Could he play PNR with Teague and Dennis?

Mainly though...  Would the combination of D12 and Sap be great on the defensive end and get more Defensive Rebounds??

My thing is this... these Offense rebounds are killing us!  Would having D12 fix that?

Neither , Invest that money in upgrading the SG & SF positions , and just get a dirty work type center that can defensive rebound  and defend..
Wing Scoring and defensive rebounding  has been a problem all year.
Look at the teams teams that are left in the playoffs.  We are the worst defensive rebounding team , and have the weakest wing combination .Ww basically have two bench players starting at SF and SG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Let's consider the following.

IF we had D12 instead of AL for this series with Cleveland... Would our fortunes be better?

Here's my thing...

D12 pulled down 11.8 rpg and 1.6 bpg with Houston.  He was terribly misused in Houston.

If he were here, would we park him down low and let the offense run through him?  Could we get the ball into the lowpost Shaq like and let him kick it out to Korver, Sap, Teague.

Could he play PNR with Teague and Dennis?

Mainly though...  Would the combination of D12 and Sap be great on the defensive end and get more Defensive Rebounds??

My thing is this... these Offense rebounds are killing us!  Would having D12 fix that?

Hawks would be worse. Atleast Al goes out to the perimeter to guard players, Dwight doesn't do that. Frye would really be torching ATL.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Don't matter who is out there as long as you are going to give a team wide open 3 pointers.

It doesn't matter how much you defend the three if they get 3 and 4 opportunities on the offensive end.

Our defensive rebounding is horrendous and they make us pay!! 

• Premium Member

Here's what it comes down to...  Tied for 3rd in rebounds per game.   One year removed from him dominating the Clipps in the playoffs.   I don't know the stats, but I believe that he outshined DeAndre Jordan last year.

Andre Drummond, C

DeAndre Jordan, C

Hassan Whiteside, C

Dwight Howard, C

DeMarcus Cousins, C

Pau Gasol, C

Rudy Gobert, C

Karl-Anthony Towns, C

Anthony Davis, PF

Julius Randle, PF

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Hawks would be worse. Atleast Al goes out to the perimeter to guard players, Dwight doesn't do that. Frye would really be torching ATL.

Now this is a good point.

I would have to say that maybe our problem is scheme?  Why is Al out on the perimeter guarding guards.   It leaves Thompson down on the boards where he is having his way.

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Now this is a good point.

I would have to say that maybe our problem is scheme?  Why is Al out on the perimeter guarding guards.   It leaves Thompson down on the boards where he is having his way.

I don't think it's the scheme, it's the players. Bud doesn't have a Diaw. Spurs can go small without going small with Diaw able to play any position without the Spurs having to give up size. 

Closest thing would be Millsap but he can't run the floor like Diaw, Horford can't either.

• Moderators

It doesn't matter how much you defend the three if they get 3 and 4 opportunities on the offensive end.

Our defensive rebounding is horrendous and they make us pay!! 

My point exactly. We have got to get better rebounding the ball or we are going to continually lose control of games and face second exits. We can't be one-and-done of the offensive end and give up second-chance points on the other end and expect to win games. Champions do things like defense and rebounding well.

OK I'll bite on this. We would have to really manage this reoccurring locker room stigma or chemistry in general D12 has. I do completely agree about the rebounding. If we are begging Bud to give Humph as many minutes as possible to hit the glass then the starting five or scheme is flawed. D12 is turning down over twenty mil so what will he cost? Believe he actually mentioned us during the season but at that time it scared the heck out of me. I'm conflicted. 

• Like 1

Dwight Howard is GARBAGE!!

To even suggest such a trade shows you know little about the game. Now if it was Dwight Howard from say....6 years ago, then go for it. He shoots so badly from the line, and with his diminished offensive game set the trade would only make the Hawks a lottery Pick the next draft.

What the Hawks need is trade  Millsap, Korver (If you can get anything for him) and maybe Hodo Horford to a team that will get you up higher in first round of the draft, and or a proven scorer at the Forward position maybe Center and Shoot Guard.

Examples:  Millsap and Korver to Clippers for Blake Griffin.     Horford and Korver to Wizards for Marcin Gortat. Horford and Millsap to Memphis for Brooke Lopez.

Hawks are not physical, big enough, tough enough , no star power...A collection of very good players.  Hawks either need to suck for next year and get a rookie stud, trade GOOD players away for draft picks, and/or a proven rising star/current star.

Getting killed on the boards = Soft

No consistent star = Lose

The NBA is about Star power, the Hawks do not have that player that in the closing minutes of a game you can go to and 50% of the time he comes through. You need that player, that when the opposing team goes on a 10-0 run you can feed him the ball and swing momentum.

A collection of very good players...NOT ALL STARS.. that ALL NEED to play good to win. Hawks need ONE that consistently plays good, that collapses the defense of the opposing team, one that other teams have to game plan against.  (can think of at least 2 players at every position on Hawks that I would rather have. Kyrie, LeBron drive the paint and 4 Hawks dive in to stop them.)

There is no one on the Hawks that the Cavs have to game plan against, except Teague and a far lesser extent Korver.

Here is the Cavs game plan- Spread the floor, if Hawks don't double LeBron or Kyrie, penetrate (Collapse the defense) shoot or look for open outlet.  Defense: Deny Korver the ball, Double Teague to force the ball out of his hand the others can't score consistently enough to make a difference.  That's it!!!

It is kinda similar to when we got the older Moses Malone and Reggie Theus. They were suppose to take us to the  ECF or the title. It didn't work out and I fear D12  would bring the same disappointment.