• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Charles Barkley said Hawks should make full court press offer to Dwight Howard.

Hawkmoor

DH and Millsap compliment each other very well. I prefer Whiteside but he's going to get the supermax. Dwight might as well. His value is at an all time low so considering how this franchise attracts free agents, he realistically could be attainable.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, BigDog90 said:
54 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

DH and Millsap compliment each other very well. I prefer Whiteside but he's going to get the supermax. Dwight might as well. His value is at an all time low so considering how this franchise attracts free agents, he realistically could be attainable.

Yes. Millsap doesn't have the lateral quickness to guard the LeBron's, Paul George's, Wiggins' for a whole season. Him at SF would have the bigs in foul trouble. 

I don't think you have to leave Millsap at Sf.  I think he can play PF next to Howard very well.   I like the way that GS uses Draymond and I see similar possibilities with Sap.

We'd have a very good defensive combination that way.

Sigh, another Howard thread. 

Since I must, here goes. 

1. I'm  not interested in swapping Al for Dwight and paying Howard a max deal.  That screams lateral move at best, total disaster  if Dwight gets all up in his feelings and pouts.

2. I might be persuaded to add Dwight to our current players.

3. Dwight picks up his $23 million dollar option.

4. We trade Splitter (8.0) and Scott ($3.3) for  Dwight.   That's  it - not interested in sending Houston much else. We should  be able to absorb Dwight's contract by also releasing Hump and Kirk.

5. Rotations:

A.  D12/Horford/Millsap (I  don't  like Millsap as a FULLTIME SF)

B. Horford/Millsap with Dwight off the bench.

C. Dwight/Horford with Millsap off the bench. This is my preference. Instant upgrade off the bench that needs consistent scoring. Millsap backs up Horford primarily with spot SF duty. 

Dwight gets one year to show us something. Hawks own his bird rights. This is an all in move. We still need to adress SG/SF (haven't  figured that out).

If it fails miserably - oh well. Teague, Millsap, Dwight, Kyle, Thabo - all free agents in 2017.

Say what you want I've seen Millsap guard SFs throughout the whole game plenty of times including the elite like Melo, Lebron, and Paul George...and he did an awesome job on them. No one want to give Sap credit on defense and it doesn't make sense cause he's a good defender period. Also no NBA player stop stars 1 on 1 period and for what its worth I say throw all your cards in if you Atlanta! A franchise that don't get many good players coming through why not have a BIG front court of Sap, Horford, Howard.

Thats whats wrong with the atlanta fan base...if we pull up old post many of you said Sap and Horford couldn't work together either and you were dead wrong about that. They have proven they can be very good on offense together and defense. IF bud chooses to run sap at Sf I'm going to believe he has figured something out and he feels its going to work. Im fine with Sap playing some SF, besides he will likely go back in forth from SF and PF if we sign Howard.

WE NEED TO STOP GIVING TALENT AWAY AND ONLY ADD TO IT.

Why cant we play a BIG lineup and a SMALLBALL lineup like GS?  Im not trying to be the next Golden State Warriors but its like you guys don't want options! You get D12 and you will have that option of going BIG and Horford give you that option of going SMALL. We need to think about getting bigger just as much as getting an so called actual SF as you all say.  Personally I think we just need bigger bodies period. Hawks have gotten swept by the cavs mainly by size for 2 straight series. No need for another  wake up call! To get to the finals we have to beat Lebron and his cavs. Thats not changing next season or the one after that.

BIG Lineup:

Pg-Dennis 

Sg-Hardaway

Sf-Sap

Pf-Horford

C-Howard

SMALL Lineup:

Pg-Dennis

Sg-Hardaway

Sf-Thabo

Pf-Sap

C-Horford

Main bench players:

Pg- Teague (if not traded)

Sg- Korver

Sf- Sefelosha

Pf- Scott

C- Humphries (he should be cheap)

Teague can be kept or traded for a good role player but he should honestly be kept and come off the bench next season. Honestly this is the best I think the hawks are going to be able to do. Bud isn't going to be able to bride Durant, Batum, Barnes, etc here but Howard may actually want to come home and may be the biggest move we can make to actually try to improve the team like it or not. THIS TEAM IS DEEPER because the addition of howard.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh, another Howard thread. 

Since I must, here goes. 

1. I'm  not interested in swapping Al for Dwight and paying Howard a max deal.  That screams lateral move at best, total disaster  if Dwight gets all up in his feelings and pouts.

2. I might be persuaded to add Dwight to our current players.

3. Dwight picks up his $23 million dollar option.

4. We trade Splitter (8.0) and Scott ($3.3) for  Dwight.   That's  it - not interested in sending Houston much else. We should  be able to absorb Dwight's contract by also releasing Hump and Kirk.

5. Rotations:

A.  D12/Horford/Millsap (I  don't  like Millsap as a FULLTIME SF)

B. Horford/Millsap with Dwight off the bench.

C. Dwight/Horford with Millsap off the bench. This is my preference. Instant upgrade off the bench that needs consistent scoring. Millsap backs up Horford primarily with spot SF duty. 

Dwight gets one year to show us something. Hawks own his bird rights. This is an all in move. We still need to adress SG/SF (haven't  figured that out).

If it fails miserably - oh well. Teague, Millsap, Dwight, Kyle, Thabo - all free agents in 2017.

Personally too many are stuck on this and not looking at the BIG picture of being a DEEPER team. Bud can start every game with a Sap, Horford, Howard combination if he wishes to do so or he can start a lineup based on matchups, run them a few minutes and then take one of them out depending on matchups or based on who's playing well. We don't have to play that BIG lineup for full games or even on close out games. IT SIMPLY JUST NEED TO BE AN OPTION!...they will all get their minutes so no need to worry about that.

Bud can roll with all 3 at the same time or  Sap/Horford or Sap/Howard or Horford/Howard....dont matter. We just need more options and to be impactful on those options. Splitter is ok but howard makes a huge change and can impact the game greatly if we were to insert him on BIG lineups instead of Splitter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Heard him talking about it on the game a few minutes ago.  He said the fit is perfect and that both Dwight and the Hawks NEED each other. He said if he was in the front office, he would be visiting Dwight's family in Atlanta and putting on a " full court press" to woo Dwight to sign with the Hawks.

pg Schröder

sg  Hardaway

sf Sap

pf Horford

c Howard

go Hawks!!!!!!

Sap, Horfod, and Howard on the floor.  That would be an amazing front court.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Personally too many are stuck on this and not looking at the BIG picture of being a DEEPER team. Bud can start every game with a Sap, Horford, Howard combination if he wishes to do so or he can start a lineup based on matchups, run them a few minutes and then take one of them out depending on matchups or based on who's playing well. We don't have to play that BIG lineup for full games or even on close out games. IT SIMPLY JUST NEED TO BE AN OPTION!...they will all get their minutes so no need to worry about that.

Bud can roll with all 3 at the same time or  Sap/Horford or Sap/Howard or Horford/Howard....dont matter. We just need more options and to be impactful on those options. Splitter is ok but howard makes a huge change and can impact the game greatly if we were to insert him on BIG lineups instead of Splitter.

As SG age they move to SF, as SFs age they move to PF, as PFs age they move to C - doesn't go the other  way  for a  reason.

Miscasting Millsap as our fulltime SF is misusing his talent and effectiveness.  Not saying he can't  guard in spot minutes but fulltime I just don't see that.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I'd rather let Horford walk and sign Whiteside.

No way. Whiteside is the most overrated stat filler ever. Imo

13 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

Sap, Horfod, and Howard on the floor.  That would be an amazing front court.

But Sap cant move laterally to keep up with smaller forwards, according to hawksquawk.  I think its the other way around.  You would post Sap like the Hawks used to do with Joe Johnson.  Horford will stay around the perimeter.  The key to this lineup would be the outside scoring from the shooting guard and Horford.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JTB said:

Say what you want I've seen Millsap guard SFs throughout the whole game plenty of times including the elite like Melo, Lebron, and Paul George...and he did an awesome job on them. No one want to give Sap credit on defense and it doesn't make sense cause he's a good defender period. Also no NBA player stop stars 1 on 1 period and for what its worth I say throw all your cards in if you Atlanta! A franchise that don't get many good players coming through why not have a BIG front court of Sap, Horford, Howard.

Thats whats wrong with the atlanta fan base...if we pull up old post many of you said Sap and Horford couldn't work together either and you were dead wrong about that. They have proven they can be very good on offense together and defense. IF bud chooses to run sap at Sf I'm going to believe he has figured something out and he feels its going to work. Im fine with Sap playing some SF, besides he will likely go back in forth from SF and PF if we sign Howard.

WE NEED TO STOP GIVING TALENT AWAY AND ONLY ADD TO IT.

Why cant we play a BIG lineup and a SMALLBALL lineup like GS?  Im not trying to be the next Golden State Warriors but its like you guys don't want options! You get D12 and you will have that option of going BIG and Horford give you that option of going SMALL. We need to think about getting bigger just as much as getting an so called actual SF as you all say.  Personally I think we just need bigger bodies period. Hawks have gotten swept by the cavs mainly by size for 2 straight series. No need for another  wake up call! To get to the finals we have to beat Lebron and his cavs. Thats not changing next season or the one after that.

BIG Lineup:

Pg-Dennis 

Sg-Hardaway

Sf-Sap

Pf-Horford

C-Howard

SMALL Lineup:

Pg-Dennis

Sg-Hardaway

Sf-Thabo

Pf-Sap

C-Horford

Main bench players:

Pg- Teague (if not traded)

Sg- Korver

Sf- Sefelosha

Pf- Scott

C- Humphries (he should be cheap)

Teague can be kept or traded for a good role player but he should honestly be kept and come off the bench next season. Honestly this is the best I think the hawks are going to be able to do. Bud isn't going to be able to bride Durant, Batum, Barnes, etc here but Howard may actually want to come home and may be the biggest move we can make to actually try to improve the team like it or not. THIS TEAM IS DEEPER because the addition of howard.

This WHOLE post made me shed a tear. EVERYTHING you said is spot on to everything ive repeated over and over. The history of ALL atlanta franchises has rubbed off on the fans to where they soo used to losing, that they think just like the local franchises.   They LOOK for reasons NOT to succeed.  They wanna give away assets, instead of building on assets. Every solution is met with a problem.  Meanwhile, other squads add to their assets and get better.

d39a26d3.gif~c200

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JTB said:

but, but thats a solution brah.  whats wrong with you??  lmao

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

This WHOLE post made me shed a tear. EVERYTHING you said is spot on to everything ive repeated over and over. The history of ALL atlanta franchises has rubbed off on the fans to where they soo used to losing, that they think just like the local franchises.   They LOOK for reasons NOT to succeed.  They wanna give away assets, instead of building on assets. Every solution is met with a problem.  Meanwhile, other squads add to their assets and get better.

d39a26d3.gif~c200

Exactly! Add on to the team and stop giving away players like we have some great franchise history to get whoever we want. 

Adding to the talent we have has been the biggest issue in Atlanta. But now we have the cap this off season to do so, so hopefully budcox uses this opportunity well.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

but, but thats a solution brah.  whats wrong with you??  lmao

Lol too many are so stuck on lebron and looking for a so called real SF to guard him. But then lebron goes PF on that real SF leaving hawk fans wondering what's going on! Lmao 

i rather put sap on him along with a committee of players. No one man can stop lebron and honestly there's no SF in free agency that lebron cannot overpower including the elite defenders like batum and Barnes who happen to play SF.

Sap playing a combination of SF and PF minutes isn't a bad idea at all but I know you get what I'm saying. Glad someone understands.

oh for the record people need to look at Sap guarding Paul George and melo in the last 3 years he did an awesome job...if I can find video i will post it.

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

But Sap cant move laterally to keep up with smaller forwards, according to hawksquawk.  I think its the other way around.  You would post Sap like the Hawks used to do with Joe Johnson.  Horford will stay around the perimeter.  The key to this lineup would be the outside scoring from the shooting guard and Horford.

Bruh....where are they getting this from? Lateral movement sap is qualified. But if speed is the biggest worry having a deeper team allows you to change your rotation based on matchups.

"Hey sap or Horford or Howard....we are facing derozan today and he's a bit quicker at SF so we are going to play Thabo for more minutes tonight and sub you in to play spot minutes at SF Sap. We may go Thabo/Sap/Horford or Thabo/Horford/Howard or Thabo/Sap/Howard...just depends on how I feel....how's that sound?....good"

-Bud

easy as that! What's the problem squawk?...this is called having options something golden state does and something Spurs have done a lot in the past....we can even draft or sign another defending SF on a cheap contract just to have another body. 

No matter what someone says about this front court of sap, Horford, Howard... i can easily make it make sense.

Once again, this team is NOT a rebounder or a good big lineup away, it's a completely revamped wing corps away. It's the wings that are the primary reason for the defensive rebounding being bad, NONE of them can contain the dribble drive and it pulls the big men out to help the wings. If you swap Horford for Howard, Howard's defensive rebounding would decline because he'd be pulled out to help the wing players and the team would be worse.

If you ADD Howard to Horford, it's still the same result of no one being able to contain the dribble drive and the bigs getting in foul trouble.

Korver and Bazemore gotta go, but the problem is they won't.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Tie up 70 million on 3 30yr olds? Pass. You still don't have a go to scorer.

The difference in Sap now and Sap as the go to scorer is mostly converting two foot bunnies in the last one or two minutes of games. He has increased his scoring repertoire since we have had him. Need him to be more clutch which also would have given us the three seed.