• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague for J. Okafor makes a ton of sense!!!

y2kenta

HAWKS SHOULD TRADE TEAGUE for OKAFUR
This idea works for both teams and both PHI was pushing to trade for Teague at the trade deadline this season, so we already know there's great interest there. They also had Okafur tentatively on the trade block. PHI is really confident in Embiid being their star C of the future and he is expected to be ready for Summer League.  Philadephia would get a PG they really want to build with #1 pick, Ben Simmons, Noel, Embiid, and D. Saric.  

Here are my two trade scenarios: (screenshots from Trade Machine)

1. Teague for Okafur (one for one) 
Pretty much self-explanatory. I think both of their values from their respective teams are high but they both fill these team's biggest needs for the future. PHI needs a PG and ATL needs a true post C in our system. 

2. Teague/Muscala for Okafur/Covington  
PHI adds in Covington in the trade 
making room for Ben Simmons/D. Saric to man the SF / they also receive Muscala to provide them with some stretch shooting help in their frontcourt group. 
ATL adds in Muscala in the trade and receive Covington, who is a younger, more agile Demarre Carroll. He is an extremely active hustle player with great 3-and-D ability and would blow up in Bud's system. He has put up great rebounding numbers, tremendous defense and hustle. Especially stealing the ball, averaging 1.4spg last yr up to 1.6spg this year.  And shoots a career 36% from 3 in a lackadaisical PHI offense. That would most likely increase greatly increase with the 

teague-okafur.jpg

teague-okafur2.jpg

without having read any of the previosu posts....

Teague is worth shit. no trade value. he couldnt lead this team in the postseason. maybe he can do it in the future, but as of right now he is shite and you wont get an okafor.

28 minutes ago, gonzo said:

without having read any of the previosu posts....

Teague is worth shit. no trade value. he couldnt lead this team in the postseason. maybe he can do it in the future, but as of right now he is shite and you wont get an okafor.

Other then this being wrong. The idea that Okafor makes a lot of sense don't make a lot of sense when he does not play team defense or help side D, doesnt protect the paint or rebound and he is a black hole on offense.

• Admin

A super homer trade

teague has one year left on his contract ... Okafor a rookie of the year candidate would get a lot more and the fact that you think they would also throw in Covington ... A trade needs to make sense for both teams not just ours

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Other then this being wrong. The idea that Okafor makes a lot of sense don't make a lot of sense when he does not play team defense or help side D, doesnt protect the paint or rebound and he is a black hole on offense.

Hello al Jefferson 

vor 22 Minuten, NBASupes sagte:

sorry dude you are problably way smarter in nba terms than i am, but why would okafor help the hawks in any way exceding a lvl that they claimed so far? what you need to rebuild is porzingis, but you will never get him. okafor is all wrong for Schröder ( who si the hawks imo)  AND  the hawks dont need to rebuild. ffs give me 1 week with them and they will rape. its mental. FFs i got 4th in the world with my rugby team despite being a country that doesnt care about it. 

the hawks dont need to rebuild your gettign carried awy by mainstream media.

• Premium Member

Okafor rookie year was just like his college game tape: great low post offensive player and that's it. No, really, that's it. Not a good rebounder, too slow to be a good weak side help defender as well. I realize he can grow as a player but he'd only fix one issue with our team and that's having a low post big man.

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

A super homer trade

teague has one year left on his contract ... Okafor a rookie of the year candidate would get a lot more and the fact that you think they would also throw in Covington ... A trade needs to make sense for both teams not just ours

Right! 

Teague peaked too. This  past season and the playoffs showed he didn't play like he did last year so he's not worth that much. Dennis, on the other hand, may be worth something.

76ers are definitely not giving up Covington that easy. Wing players like him are in such high demand. Also, I don't think Teague (and his one year contract) has the value to do a one-for-one trade for Okafor. Plus, Bud would hate Okafor for his awful defense, but it would be nice to have his scoring on the 2nd unit.

3 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

76ers are definitely not giving up Covington that easy. Wing players like him are in such high demand. Also, I don't think Teague (and his one year contract) has the value to do a one-for-one trade for Okafor. Plus, Bud would hate Okafor for his awful defense, but it would be nice to have his scoring on the 2nd unit.

I understand that Okafor was bad, really bad defensively but so was THjr when he got here. He didn't  play early because of his offense but because of his defense. I have been presently surprised by his defense.

I would take no issue with Bud giving Okafor the THjr  treatment.

Just like in NY with THjr there was no accountability for playing defense, same as in Philly. He was the #3 pick and he knew he would play regardless.

He needs to lose some weight, baby  fat. 

Will he be a defensive force, unlikely, but can he be better, sure  if he puts the work in.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I understand that Okafor was bad, really bad defensively but so was THjr when he got here. He didn't  play early because of his offense but because of his defense. I have been presently surprised by his defense.

I would take no issue with Bud giving Okafor the THjr  treatment.

Just like in NY with THjr there was no accountability for playing defense, same as in Philly. He was the #3 pick and he knew he would play regardless.

He needs to lose some weight, baby  fat. 

Will he be a defensive force, unlikely, but can he be better, sure  if he puts the work in.

Lmao...like Kevin Arnold trying to make the wrestling team on wonder years...lol