• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How bad does the league want Cleveland vs. G.S. ?

Diesel

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've  never seen a team go from likeable to smug punch face so quickly.

C'mon OKC, let's  get it.

In a few days, I'm about to lose 50% of my fb friends...lol

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

50% of your fb friends are GS fans?  Blessing in disguise.  

No, 50% of his friends are about to have severe cases of road rash from jumping off a moving bandwagon.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

50% of your fb friends are GS fans?  Blessing in disguise.  

Well, I've lived in the Bay Area for about 30 years so I grew up with most of them. But this is how the stats break down.

1986- 2 Warrior fans that were friends

1990- 6 of them...Run TMC responsible

1995-2012- Still about 6 although some never commented on them and somewhat denied their fan hood.

2012-2014- About 15-20 friends...they actually made the playoffs and 2nd round.

2015-current- 100-150 friend (on fb so some are acquaintances but still). Every day since the opening of the season I have to read...WARRIORS UNDEFEATED AT 12-0...20-0....22-0....THIS IS THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME...73wins! BULLS OF 96 wouldn't beat us....

And I'm talkin about people being fans that can't identify the difference between a basketball and a soccer ball. That's how annoying it has been for me.

I have kept my mouth shut this entire year, just waiting and hoping for a chance to respond. Over the last 14 hours I've been collecting material for my onslaught. I've been googling ..."Ayesha curry slut shaming" ..."Westbrook says Riley Curry not that cute"..."Klay's dad Mychael critical of his game"...and so on and so forth. 

A part of me wants to be the better person and just let it go and pretend I have a lw3 size weener and I'm pretty happy when I go to bed. Another part of me just wants to let it all out and attack on fb and really pound down on the Warriors. I'm torn. I'd really prefer to be mature about this and let it go but it seems to be eating up at me at the same time. 

Any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Well, I've lived in the Bay Area for about 30 years so I grew up with most of them. But this is how the stats break down.

1995-2012- Still about 6 although some never commented on them and somewhat denied their fan hood.

2015-current- 100-150 friend (on fb so some are acquaintances but still). Every day since the opening of the season I have to read...WARRIORS UNDEFEATED AT 12-0...20-0....22-0....THIS IS THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME...73wins! BULLS OF 96 wouldn't beat us....

And I'm talkin about people being fans that can't identify the difference between a basketball and a soccer ball. That's how annoying it has been for me.

I have kept my mouth shut this entire year, just waiting and hoping for a chance to respond. Over the last 14 hours I've been collecting material for my onslaught. I've been googling ..."Ayesha curry slut shaming" ..."Westbrook says Riley Curry not that cute"..."Klay's dad Mychael critical of his game"...and so on and so forth. 

A part of me wants to be the better person and just let it go and pretend I have a lw3 size weener and I'm pretty happy when I go to bed. Another part of me just wants to let it all out and attack on fb and really pound down on the Warriors. I'm torn. I'd really prefer to be mature about this and let it go but it seems to be eating up at me at the same time. 

Any suggestions?

Let 'er rip. You've  been tortured enough. Being a Hawks fan is misery enough - let them join you.

38 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Any suggestions?

I think you should take the mature approach.  I mean your friends have suffered enough being long time Warriors fans, right?  It's been what, a whole year since they won a ring.  Let sleeping dogs lie, Spud2.  Be the bigger (apparently figuratively bigger? ohhhh) man.  

Does anyone believe I really feel this way ....

Kanye West  No

Nope.

Tear into them with an unadulterated fury.  Let their tears wash over you with a nautical ferocity not seen since the days of Noah himself ...

dghj

And then you dance, Spud2.  You dance like the legendary lovechild of Antwaun Walker and this happy Middle Easterner ...

very happy man

And when you're done dancing on their collective graves, you ride out on your homemade, horse-drawn surfboard ...

High Horns

We've been taking L's as Hawks fan for years.  Now it's time for them to take it up the rear.

Wait for it

(hehe)

20 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

@JayBirdHawk @kg01 loved both ur suggestions...:-)

ps kg...bird apparently got my last "like"....ur on deck :-)

Eh, I do it for the luv not for the like's.

Semi-back on topic, does anyone think Barnes still gets a max deal?

55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, I do it for the luv not for the like's.

Semi-back on topic, does anyone think Barnes still gets a max deal?

Yes, there is just too much money and the 'P' word.

• Moderators

You should size them up and take a few devastating shots and leave it at that.  No need to start a dumpster fire but dropping one or two nukes on them should scratch that itch.  Save the secondary material for any flamethrowing that still needs to be done afterwards.

43 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The series ain't over yet.  I think.

The NBA hierarchy can still get what they want but at the very least we have a crazy competitive final four of the NBA. Its absolutely great! Everybody is a Cinderella if they don't have the one trophy that counts. Three out of four fighting to break that label right now. Just a great time of year!  

• Like 1

I should have added that even though the Cavs don't have a title they sure seem to have the NBAs front office's support. So is Cinderella the right term? Probably not.  

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

The NBA hierarchy can still get what they want but at the very least we have a crazy competitive final four of the NBA. Its absolutely great! Everybody is a Cinderella if they don't have the one trophy that counts. Three out of four fighting to break that label right now. Just a great time of year!  

Yeah, absolutely nothing better than Con. Finals 9 times out of 10.  Unlike any other sport, even the Final Four, the cream never fails to rise to the top, within conference anyway.  If you told me 2 months ago SA wouldn't be in the CF I would've looked at you like a cyclops.  They could've punched their ticket to the Finals already had they been in the East.

I hate the popular sentiment among many fans and pundits that "the regular season doesn't matter" for many reasons, mainly for everyone employed by the NBA, their arenas, and the paying fans who don't make 6 figures.  Growing up in the Jordan and Nique era, guys not busting their ass 48 for 82 were unheard of.  You couldn't miss a single game because you might miss history.  But OKC has done a lot to change my mind.  They were pretty much dogging it through 82 with their mental focus. Now they look like they the ones gunning for a back-to-back.

I love the Warriors but I can't be mad at OKC.  Steven Adams is The Man who The Man reports to. And Billy Donovan has pulled more tricks out of his bag than any rookie coach could hope for.  They're top-heavy for sure but they got like 3 bums in the regular rotation.  He's done a fabulous job.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

This is what happens in the playoffs. The stars do what they do but it's  always the role plays that make the unexpected impact stepping up their games.

I've got to admit I never figured Donovan would have so much impact especially in the playoffs. During the regular season there were so many acclamation pains for the team. A doggone rookie coach in the WCF!  College coaches jumping to the NBA are such a wild card and seem to have a pretty consistent failure rate. A really stunning run they are on.   

Coaching means very little in the NBA.  Even more so when you have a team with stars on it like OKC.  Scott Brooks had his team in the finals and if it weren't for injuries in back to back seasons they would have been competing year in and year out.  Not hard to coach a team with talent.  You take any coach in the league and put them in charge of the Thunder and it's not any different.  Coaching didn't contribute to Golden State missing wide open shots in game 4.  

Also the league has a hard on for OKC now.  Going back to the San Antonio series where every close call/non call went against the Spurs.  The officiating this series has been bad and favors the Thunder on a nightly basis.  Don't even get me started on the ECF either.  The agenda the league has is so obvious.  It's not even difficult to see it.  Surprised more people don't actually realize the league is fixed.  Not saying every single game is pre determined, but there are match ups the league wants and you can make damn sure they inform the officials of this before top off.  

• Moderators

It's over. OKC had their chances and choked. Warriors are going to the finals.

Unfortunately... Love Steve Kerr and I liked this team last year, but they're just a pack of arrogant a-holes this year. Not a humble bone to be found. Go Thunder/Cavs! Hope Dirtydova has something planned for ole Curry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk