• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How bad does the league want Cleveland vs. G.S. ?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Draymond intentionally kicked Adams.  Flag 2.  No suspension.  Really???

I'm rooting for GS and I can't believe this crap.   Until I think about the business of it all.   GS/Cleveland = Better numbers.

That means that Toronto is going to get Hosed tonight.

Now this is a thread I can get behind.  Pay attention, @Spud2Nique.

How in the holy he** does that not warrant a suspension?  Oh, I know.  The same "governing body" that ruled Dennis wasn't punched in the face.

The best part of all these is former-man in charge, Stu Jackson, coming out on the opposite of all these poor decisions.  He offers the interpretation of the rules and a rational argument for why Thomas and Dreemond should've been suspended.  Vandeweghe offers none of this and just rules from his ivory tower with no real fear of actually having to answer to anyone.  Bullsh*t!

Warriors going from an actual likeable story to just plain tired all over the course of 2 seasons.

LeBron's star, while still fluorescent,  is fading slowly but surely.  Toronto is 87 times better as a host city.  LeBron failing to make the Finals and speculation about his offseason will draw as much attention as if he made the Finals.  Seeing how he's always in it, his failure might garner more.

A majority of people who root for GS even acknowledge Draymond should be ashamed of himself.   It's common knowledge by now the refs are awful in-game.  I'll be damned if the crew in Secaucus and the entire NBA Officiating panel ain't totally inept off the floor and after the games, too.  Fortunately, KD and Westbrook likely don't give a sh&t if Green plays or not.  Adams' jewels are adamantium, no harm no foul.

The NBA has the only refs in America that are worse than the football refs in the SEC. What is so concerning to me is how the NBA refs can be so blatantly biased  even with the two minute review in place. Has any ref actually been disciplined from those reviews?   

I think 'in-game' the refs do as well as can be expected.  There are a lot of split-second decisions they have to make and generally they do a decent job under the circumstances.  The issue I have is with the reviews and the assessment of flagrants and such where the guy(s) presumably has time to make educated decisions.

The problem is they aren't using the time to study the rule books and rely on their experience in the game to make the 'just' outcomes.  They're using that time to access what the impact of the suspensions/ejections will be.  What team is involved?  Which player was it?  What impact will the suspension have, etc.?  This is improper use of their position.  They shouldn't care about the impact.  They should only care about proper application of the rules.  Period.  I realize it's a better series if no suspension was levied, but that's not the league's fault.  That's Draemond Greene's fault for being an idiot.

26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm going to skip talking about Cleveland.

How obvious is it now that the darlings of the NBA get protected? Jones gets suspended for about the same thing that Green did, but all Green gets is a slap on the wrist.

Oh no, what Greene did wasn't the same as what Jones did .. it was far worse!  Far worse!  Yet no suspension?  The notion that he was in the act of shooting a layup is rendered moot because he'd lost the ball and come down, then jumped again to kick the guy.  Far worse.

We can probably thank the supposed pending gambling stuff for this.  Gamblers don't want star players out when they just dropped 50-large on the Warriors to win.  #ThanksSilver

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh no, what Greene did wasn't the same as what Jones did .. it was far worse!  Far worse!  Yet no suspension?  The notion that he was in the act of shooting a layup is rendered moot because he'd lost the ball and come down, then jumped again to kick the guy.  Far worse.

We can probably thank the supposed pending gambling stuff for this.  Gamblers don't want star players out when they just dropped 50-large on the Warriors to win.  #ThanksSilver

I admittedly didn't see what Jones did because my power snapped for no reason so I'm going off of assumption (I thought he punched a guy). But I did see what Green did, and what he was trying to do would have never happened if the NBA actually ENFORCED the rule that offensive players can not look to initiate the contact to draw shooting fouls. It's very obviously not enforced or Green would have never tried it.

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I admittedly didn't see what Jones did because my power snapped for no reason so I'm going off of assumption (I thought he punched a guy). But I did see what Green did, and what he was trying to do would have never happened if the NBA actually ENFORCED the rule that offensive players can not look to initiate the contact to draw shooting fouls. It's very obviously not enforced or Green would have never tried it.

Jones basically swung his arm in a clear b*tch-a** attempt to hit Biyombo in the nads which was the only reason they chiseled the pine off his rear and put him in the game.  To be honest, if the league felt that was intentional, they should've also suspended Lue.

I won't even give Grean the benefit of the doubt and call what he did a 'basketball move'.  It wasn't.  It was an emotionally unstable guy clearly incapable of dealing with the fact that he was stinking up the joint and was being outplayed drastically by Adams so he took a cheap shot.  Guarantee he would've been just fine with being ejected from the game right then and there.  That was a clear 'no mas' moment.

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I won't even give Grean the benefit of the doubt and call what he did a 'basketball move'.  It wasn't.  It was an emotionally unstable guy clearly incapable of dealing with the fact that he was stinking up the joint and was being outplayed drastically by Adams so he took a cheap shot.  Guarantee he would've been just fine with being ejected from the game right then and there.  That was a clear 'no mas' moment.

Apparently the word on the street was he actually WAS ejected at first but Draymond and Kerr went nuts against the officials that said he was ejected and it caused the officials to go back to the monitor and change it to a flagrant 1.

Funny thing is after that? OKC went on a 24-7 run and turned it into an amazing beatdown. OKC was fueled off of that.

Edited by Lurker

• Moderators

That would be doubly sad if that happened, Lurker.  

Of course, this stuff is nothing new.   Protect the stars even in the case of something warranting clear ejection (cough...Laettner stomp...cough, cough...Kobe elbow...cough).

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Apparently the word on the street was he actually WAS ejected at first but Draymond and Kerr went nuts against the officials that said he was ejected and it caused the officials to go back to the monitor and change it to a flagrant 1.

Funny thing is after that? OKC went on a 24-7 run and turned it into an amazing beatdown. OKC was fueled off of that.

Yeah, they proceeded to whup that a** after that.  Wonder if the beat goes on tonight.  Kinda hoping so.

I poo-pooed the guy but I gotta admit Donovan has done a good job there.  Made an adjustment that Kerr has yet to respond to.  Speaking of Kerr, how's about some actual coaching now that the 3's ain't falling?

@AHF i distinctly remember Gary Payton having had a 1st half T during a playoff game.  Got into it with somebody in the 2nd half and the refs called the ol' double-T.  Payton proceeded to yell to the ref, "I got 1 already?!" at which point the ref said he mistakenly called a double-T and that it was now just a T on the other guy and a common foul on Payton.  It was totally shameful and the broadcast kinda p*ssy-footed through calling them out on it.  I should've learned then the league had a credibility problem.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

That would be doubly sad if that happened, Lurker.  

Of course, this stuff is nothing new.   Protect the stars even in the case of something warranting clear ejection (cough...Laettner stomp...cough, cough...Kobe elbow...cough).

The die was cast when our not so beloved ex commish David Stern stated "We protect our stars". The same theme still prevails. The NBA front office needs to stop asking the retailing sponsors what the right call is.   

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

The die was cast when our not so beloved ex commish David Stern stated "We protect our stars". The same theme still prevails. The NBA front office needs to stop asking the retailing sponsors what the right call is.   

Yep.  Not only do they protect the stars, but they determine the matchups.

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, they proceeded to whup that a** after that.  Wonder if the beat goes on tonight.  Kinda hoping so.

I poo-pooed the guy but I gotta admit Donovan has done a good job there.  Made an adjustment that Kerr has yet to respond to.  Speaking of Kerr, how's about some actual coaching now that the 3's ain't falling?

@AHF i distinctly remember Gary Payton having had a 1st half T during a playoff game.  Got into it with somebody in the 2nd half and the refs called the ol' double-T.  Payton proceeded to yell to the ref, "I got 1 already?!" at which point the ref said he mistakenly called a double-T and that it was now just a T on the other guy and a common foul on Payton.  It was totally shameful and the broadcast kinda p*ssy-footed through calling them out on it.  I should've learned then the league had a credibility problem.

Halftime: Steph & Klay, we'll have to change our game plan in the 2nd half. The new plan is chucking up threes again, but this half you'll make them!
Afterwards: Oh I made some coaching adjustments, but players didn't listen and failed to execute!

3 hours ago, rd79 said:

Halftime: Steph & Klay, we'll have to change our game plan in the 2nd half. The new plan is chucking up threes again, but this half you'll make them!
Afterwards: Oh I made some coaching adjustments, but players didn't listen and failed to execute!

Kerr like, "Aye man, why tha 'hit a bunch-a 3's' play not workin' no mo?"

He makin' that Lue-face all of a sudden.

Man OKC plays hard.  Love it.