• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lebron James is finished, the Hawks can take the East.

Hawkmoor

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@SothronYou mean 12 years without a playoff appearance even though they've been in the lottery with high picks those 12 years.

Boom.

I know he doesn't mean to sound smug but my man @Sothron is so high on his Twolves.  He's becoming the Klae Thompson of HS.  Yeah, aiight we get it but don't ack like you all dat. :happy:

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@SothronYou mean 12 years without a playoff appearance even though they've been in the lottery with high picks those 12 years.

They don't have KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN anymore to ruin those picks just like we don't have BK anymore to 6'9" us to death in the draft. TWolves have a generational talent in KAT and a budding AS level player in Wiggins. They are adding another top 5 pick plus have one of the best coaches in the NBA running the show now.

Their future is light years ahead of ours.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Boom.

I know he doesn't mean to sound smug but my man @Sothron is so high on his Twolves.  He's becoming the Klae Thompson of HS.  Yeah, aiight we get it but don't ack like you all dat. :happy:

You guys can root for them too. It isn't like we'd ever play each in the playoffs outside of the Finals or anything.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They don't have KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN anymore to ruin those picks just like we don't have BK anymore to 6'9" us to death in the draft. TWolves have a generational talent in KAT and a budding AS level player in Wiggins. They are adding another top 5 pick plus have one of the best coaches in the NBA running the show now.

Their future is light years ahead of ours.

You guys can root for them too. It isn't like we'd ever play each in the playoffs outside of the Finals or anything.

But lots of teams who've had promising young talent have said the same thing.   The Pelicans thought they were poised to dominate the NBA and Davis was considered a generational talent like no other at the beginning of this season.    It doesn't always go up in a straight line.   

5 minutes ago, Guard said:

At this point, I'd much rather gamble in the lottery than keep watching this team be middling. 

In the East this year middling was the Bulls at forty two wins and the Wizards at forty one wins. Getting out of the first round gave us fifty two wins. Granted it's not a title and we all want one but we aren't middling. We are to LeBron what the Cavs were to MJ. A good team that can't get past a hall of fame player who even at his age just showed everyone he is still in his prime especially when he is cornered. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But lots of teams who've had promising young talent have said the same thing.   The Pelicans thought they were poised to dominate the NBA and Davis was considered a generational talent like no other at the beginning of this season.    It doesn't always go up in a straight line.   

The Pels still have plenty of time to put pieces around AD. I would rather the promise of something great than be mediocre and LOCKED into mediocre like the Hawks have been for the last eight seasons or so now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

In the East this year middling was the Bulls at forty two wins and the Wizards at forty one wins. Getting out of the first round gave us fifty two wins. Granted it's not a title and we all want one but we aren't middling. We are to LeBron what the Cavs were to MJ. A good team that can't get past a hall of fame player who even at his age just showed everyone he is still in his prime especially when he is cornered. 

If you aren't a legit contender, FA fly over and a consistent first/second round disaster, how would that not be middling? Maybe to a lesser amount but still. That's what the Hawks have gotten by playing it safe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mdizzle5 said:

If you aren't a legit contender, FA fly over and a consistent first/second round disaster, how would that not be middling? Maybe to a lesser amount but still. That's what the Hawks have gotten by playing it safe. 

In two years of regular season and playoffs we have won 120 games, thats how we are not middling. Don't know if we have won at that rate before. It's uncomfortable for me to do but I remember us  going through the difficult elongated losing we dealt with by starting over. Last year we were in the final four in the NBA playoffs. I have witnessed so much worse than these past two good years.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

The Pels still have plenty of time to put pieces around AD. I would rather the promise of something great than be mediocre and LOCKED into mediocre like the Hawks have been for the last eight seasons or so now.

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

I don't know about anybody else, but I'd love to have Karl Towns and Wiggins over anybody the Hawks currently have.

You guys are talking about guys in AD, KAT and Wiggins - ALL number 1 picks.  How are we getting a #1 pick?  We have to be bad enough to get there.  And even if we trade ALL our players this year we aren't getting a #1 pick.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

In two years of regular season and playoffs we have won 120 games, thats how we are not middling. Don't know if we have won at that rate before. It's uncomfortable for me to do but I remember us  going through the difficult elongated losing we dealt with by starting over. Last year we were in the final four in the NBA playoffs. I have witnessed so much worse than these past two good years.   

Unfortunately Hawks fans are probably also Braves fans.   They get So spoiled by winning that they never recognize what they have until they are in last place with no way of getting better.  Yes, this is a Free Agent Fly over... However, you change that dynamic by showing that you have a team that capable of competing.   That's what we are doing.  Many people want to throw up the flag and go back to having yearly lottery parties.  That's the road to being a D-League team.  We will just be training players for some other team to come and take.   Why do you think Sacramento has never put together a playoff team since Webber?  Go back to 2004.  See what happened to the Kings.   After not being able to get past the  Lakers (rigged) and then losing to Minnesota in the WCSF (Rigged).. the GM thought it's time for us to get some young blood in here.   It's 12 years later... no playoff birth,  No Free agents wants to play there, and good draft picks have to sit through new restructuring projects every 3 years. 

IF you want Budcox to make the Franchise ending speech, they can borrow this one:

"Trading ___________has been one of the most difficult and emotional
decisions I have been involved in," Budenholzer said late Wednesday
night. "He has been an instrumental force in ushering in and
maintaining an exciting period of basketball in Atlanta. I can't
thank him enough for his efforts as a Hawk. When we talked, he was
incredibly professional in every way.

"We all wish him the best. The memories remain the property of
the Hawks."

• Like 1

Yeah, Bibby's nose fouling Kobe's swinging elbow was as far as they got and it was soon over afterwards. The Kings really have gone through a lot of high draft picks.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Can we be honest with each other?  This thread is now about whether or not @Hawkmoor has the guts to come back and defend himself.

Defend myself? About what?   Lebron James?   lol.  Like somebody mentioned earlier in this thread about Cleveland getting off of the championship drought, Hawks fans need to worry about the Hawks, who have the second longest championship losing streak in the league behind Sacramento ( the Hawks have the worst drought for a team in its current city).   Defend THAT.

My folks ( who are Celtic fans)  keep telling me about the Hawks and i keep defending them, but its hard now.  I say, no, the Hawks will win the East before Boston, but we will see definitely this off season with the draft and free agency about who is real and who is not about challenging the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference.   The Hawks mess it up, i just might join my folks and cheer for the Green and White.  Let them roll Baze and Korver back out there and im definitely dropping them back as a priority.

Edited by Hawkmoor

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You guys are talking about guys in AD, KAT and Wiggins - ALL number 1 picks.  How are we getting a #1 pick?  We have to be bad enough to get there.  And even if we trade ALL our players this year we aren't getting a #1 pick.

I kind of don't think that the Hawks want one. It requires far more sacrifices than their willing to make. It's a big risk. Sure it could pay off but there's still the chance that it doesn't. Would the owners be ok with losing that much? That said, I think fans would still come to games to watch that #1 pick. It happened with AD and Wiggins. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

I kind of don't think that the Hawks want one. It requires far more sacrifices than their willing to make. It's a big risk. Sure it could pay off but there's still the chance that it doesn't. Would the owners be ok with losing that much? That said, I think fans would still come to games to watch that #1 pick. It happened with AD and Wiggins. 

The fans didn't come out to see Dominique. 

Atlanta Fans are very fickle my friends.   Minny  fans have nothing else to do.   New Orleans is still a young franchise so the fans will come out.  However, Atlanta Hawks have been around what... 62 years.   Too many transient basketball fans in Atlanta.   They wont come out to see Ben Simmons and Dennis lose 73 games.  No matter how exciting Simmons looks. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Unfortunately Hawks fans are probably also Braves fans.   They get So spoiled by winning that they never recognize what they have until they are in last place with no way of getting better.  Yes, this is a Free Agent Fly over... However, you change that dynamic by showing that you have a team that capable of competing.   That's what we are doing.  Many people want to throw up the flag and go back to having yearly lottery parties.  That's the road to being a D-League team.  We will just be training players for some other team to come and take.   Why do you think Sacramento has never put together a playoff team since Webber?  Go back to 2004.  See what happened to the Kings.   After not being able to get past the  Lakers (rigged) and then losing to Minnesota in the WCSF (Rigged).. the GM thought it's time for us to get some young blood in here.   It's 12 years later... no playoff birth,  No Free agents wants to play there, and good draft picks have to sit through new restructuring projects every 3 years. 

IF you want Budcox to make the Franchise ending speech, they can borrow this one:

You make valid points. All of those could possibly happen if we went back to lottery status but what else can we really do if we aren't really all that close to being a true championship level team? Playoffs are cool. They bring more money to Phillips which is more profit for the owners. Which is what business is about. I get it. But how many more playoff sweeps do we really need to have? I don't know if I'd rather watch. Bad lottery Hawks or playoff demolished Hawks. Either way, we're like every other team in the league and watching someone else win that trophy. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The fans didn't come out to see Dominique. 

Atlanta Fans are very fickle my friends.   Minny  fans have nothing else to do.   New Orleans is still a young franchise so the fans will come out.  However, Atlanta Hawks have been around what... 62 years.   Too many transient basketball fans in Atlanta.   They wont come out to see Ben Simmons and Dennis lose 73 games.  No matter how exciting Simmons looks. 

More Valid points. Can't argue there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

You make valid points. All of those could possibly happen if we went back to lottery status but what else can we really do if we aren't really all that close to being a true championship level team? Playoffs are cool. They bring more money to Phillips which is more profit for the owners. Which is what business is about. I get it. But how many more playoff sweeps do we really need to have? I don't know if I'd rather watch. Bad lottery Hawks or playoff demolished Hawks. Either way, we're like every other team in the league and watching someone else win that trophy. 

Which is why i love what the Braves did.  They couldve kept that team together and kept getting bounced in the playoffs ,but they decided to tear the whole thing down, rebuilt their d league ( minor league system), and now have the best minor league system in baseball and it took just two years. Once they filter out who is who with the pitching staff, they gonna rebuild the rest of the team.  The Hawks keep trying to straddle doing just enough to win and make money and refuse to go all in.  Let them trot Baze out there next year and Phillips is gonna be empty.

18 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

These ATLANTA FANS??????  Were they flocking for our #2 and #3 picks?

It takes years to get bad enough to get a #1 pick (except if you are Cleveland).  The last time we blew up a 'treadmill team' to get into the lottery it took us  8 years to get a top pick (#2 - Marvin Williams) 10 years before we won 45 games and make the playoffs.  I'm the 1 fan who wont be spending my entertainment dollars to see a high lottery pick AND 13 wins.

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Defend myself? About what?   Lebron James?   lol.  Like somebody mentioned earlier in this thread about Cleveland getting off of the championship drought, Hawks fans need to worry about the Hawks, who have the second longest championship losing streak in the league behind Sacramento ( the Hawks have the worst drought for a team in its current city).   Defend THAT.

My folks ( who are Celtic fans)  keep telling me about the Hawks and i keep defending them, but its hard now.  I say, no, the Hawks will win the East before Boston, but we will see definitely this off season with the draft and free agency about who is real and who is not about challenging the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference.   The Hawks mess it up, i just might join my folks and cheer for the Green and White.  Let them roll Baze and Korver back out there and im definitely dropping them back as a priority.

Somehow you made a worse post than calling LeBron James finished.  Pick your team and be a true fan!

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These ATLANTA FANS??????  Were they flocking for our #2 and #3 picks?

It takes years to get bad enough to get a #1 pick (except if you are Cleveland).  The last time we blew up a 'treadmill team' to get into the lottery it took us  8 years to get a top pick (#2 - Marvin Williams) 10 years before we won 45 games and make the playoffs.  I'm the 1 fan who wont be spending my entertainment dollars to see a high lottery pick AND 13 wins.

I remember thirteen wins and the newer version of "Milk Dud Head" as our coach for too many years. We started Royal Ivey at point as well as Diaw at times because we were struggling that bad with so little NBA level talent. I want to watch our Hawks win not struggle for the next decade and beyond. Doubt the owners want to go broke on not selling tickets in that time frame either. 

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Somehow you made a worse post than calling LeBron James finished.  Pick your team and be a true fan!

It is what it is brah.  Been rolling with the Squawks since around 1978. Enough is enough. I"ll always root for them, but if choose to like another team also,  its all good with me.   Ill always root for the Falcons, Braves and Hawks.

One more thing.  You have the audacity to say what you did when it was i who said the Hawks could win the East, and got clowned for saying it and half the board rooting for the fact that i was wrong about lebron and he won a championship.  Somehow, this thread turned into a Lebronfest, when i was trying to give the Hawks credit when they havent even earned it yet, and got clowned for doing it. Now, im not a Hawks fan?? And im the one who said that Lebron is finished and the Hawks can win the East next year.   lol, i tell ya.

Edited by Hawkmoor