Lebron James is finished, the Hawks can take the East.

Hawkmoor

I understand the Lebron annoyance....I find myself sometimes bothered by the media coverage and  the complaining about calls but at the end of the day some of y'all are just haters.  The dude is a competitor and anyone would be stupid not to want a guy like Lebron on your team. 

I don't love the guy but respect his game.   Can someone pinpoint the exact reason you hate the guy?  Are you still upset for the way he originally left Cleveland and are still holding onto that?  Is it the complaining for calls?  Is it a bit of jealousy because the Hawks haven't had a superstar since Nique?

I get the Paul Pierce thing, he's cocky as hell and I don't like his attitude but from a personality perspective I just see Lebron as a guy who wants his team to win.  It's not his fault the media is all over him or the refs give him the benefit of the doubt.  Someone educate me lol.

Side note....after seeing him step up the past couple games it just makes me realize:  he was probably only playing at 75% against the Hawks which makes me even more depressed about any chance of us getting out of the east with our current team.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I understand the Lebron annoyance....I find myself sometimes bothered by the media coverage and  the complaining about calls but at the end of the day some of y'all are just haters.  The dude is a competitor and anyone would be stupid not to want a guy like Lebron on your team. 

I don't love the guy but respect his game.   Can someone pinpoint the exact reason you hate the guy?  Are you still upset for the way he originally left Cleveland and are still holding onto that?  Is it the complaining for calls?  Is it a bit of jealousy because the Hawks haven't had a superstar since Nique?

I get the Paul Pierce thing, he's cocky as hell and I don't like his attitude but from a personality perspective I just see Lebron as a guy who wants his team to win.  It's not his fault the media is all over him or the refs give him the benefit of the doubt.  Someone educate me lol.

Side note....after seeing him step up the past couple games it just makes me realize:  he was probably only playing at 75% against the Hawks which makes me even more depressed about any chance of us getting out of the east with our current team.

Lebron James has lost his jumpshot.  The point I'm making, and i can't speak for anybody else,  is the fact that at one time, you had to defend both his jumpshot and his drives to the paint. Now, if you pay attention to Lebron,  he is afraid of his own jumpshot.  This means that defenses SHOULD be able play off him and cut down on his passing angles.  They should also pack the paint on  him. You have to let J.R. Smith and Love beat you now by forcing Lebron to kick out.

As far as hating, Lebron reminds me of why i'm not too particularly fond of the NBA and barely watch it.  Case in point.  There was a play on the perimeter where he basically ran thru Stephen Curry and no charging was called.  On a Love rebound and put back,  Curry barely touches Love on the arm and Love goes to the line for two.  The NBA is a fixed product and nobody can convince me otherwise.  No other sport is CONSTANTLY in the limelight and being accused of being fixed like the NBA is.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/steph-currys-wife-wants-you-to-believe-the-nba-is-rigged/

screenshot2016-06-16at10-41-26pm-0.pngW

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators

Anybody thinking LeBron is anything but elite at this point in his career is just wrong.  Dude has a 30.3 PER and a .281 WS/48 during the playoffs this year.  He still is the best player in the league.  I agree that his jump shot is the biggest weakness in his game but the rest of his game is so good it just doesn't matter that much.

• Like 1

Game was fixed. I was watching a movie, and apparently, im not the only one who could see it:

There is a TON of twitter comments about this game being fixed, a TON.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/steph-currys-wife-and-just-about-everyone-else-thought-the-nba-rigged-last-nights-game/

On paper, game 6 of the NBA Finals Thursday night was one for the ages. Led by the heroics of LeBron James‘ 41 points and a dazzling performance from the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Golden State Warriors were denied a Championship for the second straight game.

And that’s just the problem. The game was almost too good, as if it was… rigged.

That was the heat-of-the-moment accusation late last night fromAyesha Curry, the wife of Warriors stud Steph Curry, moments after watching her husband get ejected in the closing minutes of play after receiving a technical foul. The quickly-deleted Tweet read:ayesha-curry-tweet

The fourth quarter of the Game 6 sputtered on in bizarre fashion, that’s to be sure. While the Cavs were mounting a strong effort en route to their 115-101 win, Curry — the most important piece of the Warriors incredible season — remarkably fouled out. As head coachSteve Kerr fired off after the loss, “He gets six fouls on him; three were absolutely ridiculous.”

Edited by Hawkmoor

31 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Lebron James has lost his jumpshot.  The point I'm making, and i can't speak for anybody else,  is the fact that at one time, you had to defend both his jumpshot and his drives to the paint. Now, if you pay attention to Lebron,  he is afraid of his own jumpshot.  This means that defenses SHOULD be able play off him and cut down on his passing angles.  They should also pack the paint on  him. You have to let J.R. Smith and Love beat you now by forcing Lebron to kick out.

As far as hating, Lebron reminds me of why i'm not too particularly fond of the NBA and barely watch it.  Case in point.  There was a play on the perimeter where he basically ran thru Stephen Curry and no charging was called.  On a Love rebound and put back,  Curry barely touches Love on the arm and Love goes to the line for two.  The NBA is a fixed product and nobody can convince me otherwise.  No other sport is CONSTANTLY in the limelight and being accused of being fixed like the NBA is.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/steph-currys-wife-wants-you-to-believe-the-nba-is-rigged/

screenshot2016-06-16at10-41-26pm-0.pngW

I can understand this but that's more a product of the game itself.  A lot of the calls were one sided but even Steve Kerr admitted that's not why they lost:  "Let me be clear. We did not lose because of the officiating. They totally outplayed us. Cleveland deserved to win. But those three, three of the six fouls, were incredibly inappropriate calls for anybody, much less the MVP of the league."

I would tend to agree.  Calls were pretty one sided but the Warriors already looked to be unraveling.  I thought Draymond's absence helped Lebron in Game 5 but he proved it didn't matter who was on him last night.  Is his jump shot weak?  Sure,  but what do you do when it's on?  He's pretty much unstoppable then as he showed the past couple games.

1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

I can understand this but that's more a product of the game itself.  A lot of the calls were one sided but even Steve Kerr admitted that's not why they lost:  "Let me be clear. We did not lose because of the officiating. They totally outplayed us. Cleveland deserved to win. But those three, three of the six fouls, were incredibly inappropriate calls for anybody, much less the MVP of the league."

I would tend to agree.  Calls were pretty one sided but the Warriors already looked to be unraveling.  I thought Draymond's absence helped Lebron in Game 5 but he proved it didn't matter who was on him last night.

Smoke and mirrors,  the NBA is a traveling circus:

lionjul10.jpg

• Moderators

Cleveland was up 31-11 after the first quarter.  That wasn't the refs.  If you are ranking games where reffing made a difference in the NBA playoffs, this one doesn't even make the list.

And LeBron was fantastic.  As in the opposite of "finished."

• Like 4

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Game was fixed. I was watching a movie, and apparently, im not the only one who could see it:

There is a TON of twitter comments about this game being fixed, a TON.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/steph-currys-wife-and-just-about-everyone-else-thought-the-nba-rigged-last-nights-game/

On paper, game 6 of the NBA Finals Thursday night was one for the ages. Led by the heroics of LeBron James‘ 41 points and a dazzling performance from the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Golden State Warriors were denied a Championship for the second straight game.

And that’s just the problem. The game was almost too good, as if it was… rigged.

That was the heat-of-the-moment accusation late last night fromAyesha Curry, the wife of Warriors stud Steph Curry, moments after watching her husband get ejected in the closing minutes of play after receiving a technical foul. The quickly-deleted Tweet read:ayesha-curry-tweet

The fourth quarter of the Game 6 sputtered on in bizarre fashion, that’s to be sure. While the Cavs were mounting a strong effort en route to their 115-101 win, Curry — the most important piece of the Warriors incredible season — remarkably fouled out. As head coachSteve Kerr fired off after the loss, “He gets six fouls on him; three were absolutely ridiculous.”

I don't think the game was fixed. Cleveland did get the benefit of some calls but that's usually what happens when anyone outside of a few teams play them anyways. We have seen this for years but you only hear about it when GS loses. I really didn't think the officiating was that bad either. Cleveland just outplayed them.

Golden State is used to being the team Cleveland was last night. They always get the calls at home and probably get the same treatment on the road 95% of the time. This is the first time they got treated like a Hawks team and they are just freaking out.  Add in the fact their shots and offense isn't clicking as usual and you just see a frustrated team.

LeBeron was frustrated being down 3-1 and comes out and scores 82 points in two games. How will Golden State respond?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I don't think the game was fixed. Cleveland did get the benefit of some calls but that's usually what happens when anyone outside of a few teams play them anyways. We have seen this for years but you only hear about it when GS loses. I really didn't think the officiating was that bad either. Cleveland just outplayed them.

Golden State is used to being the team Cleveland was last night. They always get the calls at home and probably get the same treatment on the road 95% of the time. This is the first time they got treated like a Hawks team and they are just freaking out.  Add in the fact their shots and offense isn't clicking as usual and you just see a frustrated team.

LeBeron was frustrated being down 3-1 and comes out and scores 82 points in two games. How will Golden State respond?

Its not about the Cavaliers as much as it is about milking out a seven game series. I have no doubt that the Warriors will win game seven.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Game 5, you can make a strong argument that the rule of flagrants and technicals rolling over needs to be changed.

Game 6 however, the refs don't make you go down by 20 multiple times in a game.

Naïve.

The refs control the flow of the game.  Period.  I watched last night and saw multiple times where the refs ignored moving picks.  Steph's Second foul was an obvious offensive foul by Lebron.  Lebron uses his arm to clear out just about like Shaq dropping a shoulder on a bull rush..> Every time he does it it should be a foul.    For the last 2 games, the refs have allowed Cleveland to play Physically without fear of a penalty because they wanted game 7.

They limited what Steph can do with fouls.   Steph hits his 4 three then the very next play.. foul.   Steph goes to the bench.

What's hurting GS is the same thing that hurt us.  No good wing play.  Iguadala with the sore back and Barnes not being worth 2 dead flies is putting all of the pressure on Steph and Klay.

Lebron and Co. were handed this series because of the flagrant foul rollovers and the injuries to Bogut and Iguadala.

News of LeBron's demise turned out to be false.  I'll never doubt him again and I've always been a fan.  

This dude has perfectly paced himself all the way up to this point with the sole purpose to play 48 minutes or more on Sunday.  I don't see how GS is favored to win Game 7 with the way he's dominated this series (with Tristan, his Oakley). It will come down to a chess match over LeBron's jump shot just as it did versus SA a few years ago.  Can't wait.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

I hate to break it to the OP but Lebron James is alive and well and living in Planet Lebron. He owns this conference. I don't see that changing outside of catastrophic injury for the next three seasons.

• Like 1

So much respect for Lebron tonight.  Gave it everything he had on both ends.

A legacy type game for him, with that chase down block of Iggy's lay up probably being the defining play of his career.

But look at who hit the game winner ... the sidekick, Kyrie Irving.

Good job Lebron.  Much respect for you brotha.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's cool to see LeBron win win for his home state. One can only hope the next great player lives around Atlanta and feels the same way about our state that LeBron does Ohio.

• Like 3