• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who should the Hawks target??

Diesel

Who should the Hawks Target  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We should target Billy Knight .... send the Terminator back to 2004.  Profit.

Seriously, Beal/Durant I guess?  I mean, this is kind of a pointless exercise.  I think we'll improve via trade/draft, not FrAgency.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Seriously, Beal/Durant I guess?  I mean, this is kind of a pointless exercise.  I think we'll improve via trade/draft, not FrAgency.

It's not the first time you've participated in Diesel's pointless exercises and it won't be the last. Lol

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

It's not the first time you've participated in Diesel's pointless exercises and it won't be the last. Lol

Looks like I'm not the only one in the pool at least?

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, you have not because you ask not.  Seek and ye shall find.

Draft = Takes to long.

Trade = OK, well specify who you're trading for.

My hope was that we would be realistic.  We couldn't pay for both of them so how would we target both of them.  Moreover, Durants not walking through that door this year.   Maybe next.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Looks like I'm not the only one in the pool at least?

I haven't voted yet but looking at that pole is tempting as hell. I wanna jump on it like a Brooklyn teen girl with big dreams.....

(Sorry Brooklyn I know I could have picked any city but you screwed us I last year's draft otherwise we might have Devin Booker now)...smh

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Gallinari and fournier

Gallinari is interesting.  How do you see us going after him?  I think Denver is prone to get rid of one of their wings.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, you have not because you ask not.  Seek and ye shall find.

Draft = Takes to long.

Trade = OK, well specify who you're trading for.

My hope was that we would be realistic.  We couldn't pay for both of them so how would we target both of them.  Moreover, Durants not walking through that door this year.   Maybe next.

Well, I'm not sure.  I think the Jeff-to-PHI trade is a good starting point.  Then trading Millsap somewhere to get a wang.

I don't like Lin much but he's been pretty good in a backup/spot start role.  He just opted out so could be a good pickup if Jeff is traded.  He or someone like DJ Augustin (certified scrub-Hawk killah).

I wouldn't mind seeing us kick the tires on some version of a Tyson Chandler trade if the PHI deal doesn't materialize.  Then offer Jeff to a place like SAC for Gay (don't laugh, he's a legit sized wang at least).

Just a few random nonsensical thoughts.

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I haven't voted yet but looking at that pole is tempting as hell. I wanna jump on it like a Brooklyn teen girl with big dreams.....

(Sorry Brooklyn I know I could have picked any city but you screwed us I last year's draft otherwise we might have Devin Booker now)...smh

Um, care to rephrase that so you don't sound like a complete degenerate?  Geez, Spud2.

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Gallinari is interesting.  How do you see us going after him?  I think Denver is prone to get rid of one of their wings.

DEN will jettison W. Chandler long before the give up on Gallinari (who's always hurt, btw).

Gallinari is who best fits this team and is on a multi-year contract.  The problem is Denver is like Boston.  They have 3 1st round draft picks this year, they have an incredibly young team, and are loaded with young players at every position.  What I think they are looking for are veterans who have 3-D qualities.  They don't want players like Thabo, Hardaway, Splitter, etc.  They want to improve, so they are looking at our starters if they make a trade with us.  Probably the easiest way to trade with them is Millsap for Gallo and Faried.  They have Wilson Chandler to step in.  They might want Scott as well, although not sure the "D" part is there for the 3-D piece.  And I'm sure they would be willing to throw in a pick this year to entice.  I would rather move Horford, but why would he want to go there?

I'm not saying I want to trade Millsap, just saying what it would take.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, I'm not sure.  I think the Jeff-to-PHI trade is a good starting point.  Then trading Millsap somewhere to get a wang.

I don't like Lin much but he's been pretty good in a backup/spot start role.  He just opted out so could be a good pickup if Jeff is traded.  He or someone like DJ Augustin (certified scrub-Hawk killah).

I wouldn't mind seeing us kick the tires on some version of a Tyson Chandler trade if the PHI deal doesn't materialize.  Then offer Jeff to a place like SAC for Gay (don't laugh, he's a legit sized wang at least).

Just a few random nonsensical thoughts.

Um, care to rephrase that so you don't sound like a complete degenerate?  Geez, Spud2.

DEN will jettison W. Chandler long before the give up on Gallinari (who's always hurt, btw).

Here's my thoughts on that.

Jeff to Philly could allow for 2 big contracts.  Possibly Horf/Batum  more likely Horf/Lee or Horf/Baze.

I don't see any wisdom in trading Sap?  Sap is our best defender and us getting Noel will only make us more elite if we have Sap.

I have postulated a Teague for Gay trade and I believe that Sactown would definitely think about it because of the Rondo conundrum.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, LastDon said:

Moe Harkless young, huge upside..has size, athletic, improving shooter..

Harkless definitely has the size.  His shooting is not there yet and his defense could use some work, but I like his size...  I always thought that Harris just overshadowed him.

Rudy Gay makes a lot of sense from both sides.  The problem is, they would likely push for Schröder and not Teague, as they would want a PG to grow with DC and WCS.  I would doubt they would take a chance on a 1 year rental on Teague when Gay is signed for multiple years.  But Sacramento is the worst run team in the league, so it never hurts to throw it out there!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, cowa said:

Rudy Gay makes a lot of sense from both sides.  The problem is, they would likely push for Schröder and not Teague, as they would want a PG to grow with DC and WCS.  I would doubt they would take a chance on a 1 year rental on Teague when Gay is signed for multiple years.  But Sacramento is the worst run team in the league, so it never hurts to throw it out there!

IF the trade were Splitter and Schro for Gay..  I'm not so mad.  I think Gay is the right size and brings a lot of good value points to us.

I voted Beal and Parsons.  I think Parsons would be a perfect fit here.  He's an athletic wing who can shoot the ball and score in a variety of ways.  Beal's potential is through the roof and his defense is getting better.  I know Beal would cost more than Bazemore who I also considered, but ultimately I don't think the price tag difference will be that much.  Besides I don't feel like Bazemore is starter material.