• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who should the Hawks target??

Diesel

Who should the Hawks Target  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

I voted Beal and Parsons.  I think Parsons would be a perfect fit here.  He's an athletic wing who can shoot the ball and score in a variety of ways.  Beal's potential is through the roof and his defense is getting better.  I know Beal would cost more than Bazemore who I also considered, but ultimately I don't think the price tag difference will be that much.  Besides I don't feel like Bazemore is starter material.

I'm with you on Beal.  I'm decidedly not with you on the oft-injured, over-paid Parsons.  What's with you and the FL players?  You losing your MichSt touch.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think Turner would fit right in.   Probably between Hinrich and Humphries

When ET phone-home is brought up as a potential wang upgrade, the thread has officially jumped the non-shooting shark.

Okay, back from my tea break...

While my head knows that the odds of either arriving here would equal that of finding a needle in a haystack while riding a horse backwards, I went with Durant and Beal. The rest are backup plans when Plan A fails. Bringing Bazemore back at eight figures or replacing him with Courtney Lee doesn't excite me all that much, Chandler Parsons is very intriguing but oft-injured (I know, so is Beal), 4-Nier is an RFA (I know, so is Beal), and Kevin Martin is well, old. We could do worse than Jeff Green, even though he reminds me of Tim Thomas sometimes (should put up better numbers with his talent). If the Teague to Philly rumor is actually true and Covington comes here, he goes on the list of projects Bud will have to develop (along with Tavares and Hardaway).

Can I just choose Jif? 

Edited by Dejay

Beal's stock plummeted with me since last year's semifinals when it was sky high.  I don't like his intangibles: I think he should've assumed a leadership role and start to mold the team in his image instead of God-awful Wall.  He's gotten good at month-long injury hiatuses as well.  Even after all that he's better than all those other guys combined.

I like Deng on a great value deal.  Barnes' temperature scares me for a guy looking for a "max." I see a lot of Marvin in him.  Only difference is he has great body control and coordination.  Now I think about it he can't do anything better than Deng.  Just has a great body.

Edited by benhillboy

So in my voting, I ignored the Durant aspect and went with Rudy Gay (easier to get than Gallinari in my opinion) and Lance Stephenson (gulp).  

We need a true scorer on the wing, and while Gay might have his faults, he can still score the ball.  I think we could get Stephenson VERY cheap unless Sacramento wants him (he played great once he was traded to Memphis under Joerger), and I really think a little bit of attitude would be good for the Hawks.  He is still young (he'll be 26 when the season starts), and he's probably at his lowest price right now.  Plays D, good handles.  And we know he likes to take on LeBron (at least that's what people are whispering!)

So to get Gay, I know Sacto wants 3-D players.  I truly think with their new coach and a "superstar" in DMC, Bazemore would be willing to go there.  And I have read on their boards that they are interested in bringing him in.  Would a SNT Bazemore for Gay work?  You could even add in Thabo and McLemore (who I think is currently trash but might still have potential) in the deal. Then sign Stephenson at SG. 

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Gallinari is interesting.  How do you see us going after him?  I think Denver is prone to get rid of one of their wings.

Gallinari signed an extension last year. He's signed until 2017-18. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, cowa said:

So in my voting, I ignored the Durant aspect and went with Rudy Gay (easier to get than Gallinari in my opinion) and Lance Stephenson (gulp).  

We need a true scorer on the wing, and while Gay might have his faults, he can still score the ball.  I think we could get Stephenson VERY cheap unless Sacramento wants him (he played great once he was traded to Memphis under Joerger), and I really think a little bit of attitude would be good for the Hawks.  He is still young (he'll be 26 when the season starts), and he's probably at his lowest price right now.  Plays D, good handles.  And we know he likes to take on LeBron (at least that's what people are whispering!)

So to get Gay, I know Sacto wants 3-D players.  I truly think with their new coach and a "superstar" in DMC, Bazemore would be willing to go there.  And I have read on their boards that they are interested in bringing him in.  Would a SNT Bazemore for Gay work?  You could even add in Thabo and McLemore (who I think is currently trash but might still have potential) in the deal. Then sign Stephenson at SG. 

Instead of Stephenson, why not consider JR Smith?  I don't know if you can get him cheaper... However, he has a little less crazy on him.

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

We have had discussions about what 2 and 3 should the Hawks pursue this off season.  Squawk... what do you say?

SG - Bazemore

SF - Other (PJ Hairston)

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Baze and HB is the most realistic combo imo. But Courtney Lee should be signed most definitely and idc if that's if we do or don't resign Kent. He's a perfect 3/D guy. 

Lee is about 200 lbs.  I don't tink he's a perfect 3... Just another 2.   We need a 3.   Badly.  Sheez... Right now, I wonder if we can sign Marvin Williams for the money that he stole from us for the first 8 years of his career.   i.e.  Marvin Williams for Season tickets to see the Braves.

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Lee is about 200 lbs.  I don't tink he's a perfect 3... Just another 2.   We need a 3.   Badly.  Sheez... Right now, I wonder if we can sign Marvin Williams for the money that he stole from us for the first 8 years of his career.   i.e.  Marvin Williams for Season tickets to see the Braves.

I meant "3" as in shoot the 3 and play defense

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I meant "3" as in shoot the 3 and play defense

I know.. However, in that same size ranger we have Korver, Thabo, THJr, Patterson, Baze...  All those guys are 2s who play the 3 and D game.  All of those guys are 6'7" and shorter and weigh around 200-210lbs.    What are they going to do to stop Melo or Lebron or even Harris.  We need somebody that's Harkless size or that's 6'9 225-240.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I know.. However, in that same size ranger we have Korver, Thabo, THJr, Patterson, Baze...  All those guys are 2s who play the 3 and D game.  All of those guys are 6'7" and shorter and weigh around 200-210lbs.    What are they going to do to stop Melo or Lebron or even Harris.  We need somebody that's Harkless size or that's 6'9 225-240.

I'm assuming Patterson,Baze,and possibly THJ are gone this offseason anyways but I get what you're saying and that's why I say *insert Harrison Barnes* 

23 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Well folks, project frozen hell has officially been completed. Diesel suggesting that we sign Marvin means that the end is surely here. 

Nice knowing ya'll. 

Time to get a generator, more weapons, canned goods, and some bottled water. I knew that this day would come...

On 6/8/2016 at 11:12 PM, Diesel said:

I wonder if we can sign Marvin Williams for the money that he stole from us for the first 8 years of his career.   i.e.  Marvin Williams for Season tickets to see the Braves.

Please tell me that I just didn't read that...

• Like 2

Does Mozgov interest anyone?  Clearly he refused to shine LeaBorn's tap dancin' shoes and is surely on the outs in cLeaveLand.

I think he'd be a fantastic pickup.  He's not a bad player, just doesn't fit there.  Actually that sounds like a description of emoLove.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Does Mozgov interest anyone?  Clearly he refused to shine LeaBorn's tap dancin' shoes and is surely on the outs in cLeaveLand.

I think he'd be a fantastic pickup.  He's not a bad player, just doesn't fit there.  Actually that sounds like a description of emoLove.

I think he'd be a great backup for us.   At this point i feel like he's better than Splitter.