• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JR Smith?

Johnnybravo4

10 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

Looks like JR Smith is headed for FA after the season.   Plug him in at  2 and let him freelance.  He is everything Baze is but better at it.

Without a mega personality like LeBrenda and to a much, much lesser extent Carmelo to help him feel serious cause and effect he is not a player that will count for anyone fighting for a title. Just not going to help our Hawks especially with heavy money involved.   

All teams need a shooting coach especially at the line but some teams need a shrink more than others for a reason. We don't have MJ, Kobe. KG or LeBron to manage that brittle issue on the floor or in the locker room.  

19 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

Hey I saw that man hit a billion 3s against us for 2 consecutive playoffs series.   I have seen enough.   Give him 3 years 12 mil per.  Make him #2 option behind Sap re-sign Horford and let's scare the bejesus out of the NBA.  

No doubt about it, he had two major games in the playoffs. Unfortunately those were against us until we put Thabo on him. Several years between counting on him as serious coming off the bench for the Nuggets and showing up for the Cavs. He hasn't shot for average from the field over forty five percent for eight years since he was in Denver (one year). We've got really big fish to fry and he is a part of the answer for twelve million per?  

21 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

He can only focus in small-market cities.  He'd make a mess of himself in Atlanta.

I like the guy but.......yea.  He's someone that you can catch both during the day shift and night on a gameday at Magic.

• Like 2

I saw JR Smith wandering around Midtown when the Cavs were in Atlanta for the EC semifinals. (I saw some of the other guys outside of the Four Seasons on 14th, but JR was by himself.) I spoke to him for a second, told him to ease up on the 3s, then left him to his walkabout. It seems he's still on that walkabout -- launches a kickstarter for a reality TV show while the NBA finals are going on, later announces that he's opting out of his contract (again, while the NBA finals are going on). I don't have a problem with either decision, just the timing is odd. He strikes me as a me-first kind of guy, so I don't see us going after him.

Since these playoffs are where J.R.s shooting is being valued by many, here are the stats. He made us look bad in two games. Our SF backup shut him down. Comparing his 8.6 total shots against all opponents to our three guys in this table 18.5 total shots in this year's playoffs against all opponents.

J.R. Smith, SG 3.8 8.6 .439 3.1 7.0 .444 0.7 1.1 0.62 0.7 1.6 .419 1.317 0.62
Kyle Korver, SG 3.5 7.5 .467 2.4 5.4 .444 0.9 0.9 1.00 1.1 2.1 .524 1.373 0.63
Kris Humphries, PF 3.3 7.0 .464 1.3 2.5 .500 1.5 1.5 1.00 2.0 4.5 .444 1.321 0.55
Mike Scott, PF 2.5 4.0 .625 0.8 1.6 .500 0.7 0.8 0.88 1.7 2.4 .708 1.625 0.73

47 minutes ago, supermariowest said:

I saw JR Smith wandering around Midtown when the Cavs were in Atlanta for the EC semifinals. (I saw some of the other guys outside of the Four Seasons on 14th, but JR was by himself.) I spoke to him for a second, told him to ease up on the 3s, then left him to his walkabout. It seems he's still on that walkabout -- launches a kickstarter for a reality TV show while the NBA finals are going on, later announces that he's opting out of his contract (again, while the NBA finals are going on). I don't have a problem with either decision, just the timing is odd. He strikes me as a me-first kind of guy, so I don't see us going after him.

Regarding the opt out, it might have a specific date that he has to decide if he will pick up his option or opt out.

1 hour ago, supermariowest said:

-- launches a kickstarter for a reality TV show while the NBA finals are going on, later announces that he's opting out of his contract again, while the NBA finals are going on.

Wow. 

On 6/16/2016 at 5:18 PM, Lurker said:

His eyes grow big and wide when he sees Kyle Korver. Kyle Korver is meat to him.

He's better than all the Hawks wings but he's not THAT good and there is the issue that he could go off his rocker again in a big market.

Yeah, too many strip clubs in Atlanta.