• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Strategy for Draft night?

Diesel

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

But Okafer outscored and outrebounded Horford during the 2015-106 season. :laugh:  Albeit, he played fewer games, but theres a reason Boston hasnt bothered Bud or Horford about coming up to the Garden...

Got to figure money is very involved with that. 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

But Okafer outscored and outrebounded Horford during the 2015-106 season. :laugh:  Albeit, he played fewer games, but theres a reason Boston hasnt bothered Bud or Horford about coming up to the Garden...

So he hasn't "bothered" a guy who he has been reported to be interested in who hasn't been a FA until this offseason (Horford) and hasn't bothered a coach under contract?  Ok.  Talk about a non-sequiter.

Get back to me when you realize why everyone here wanted Noel and not Okafor.  It is because Okafor was one of the worst starters in the entire NBA last season by the advanced metrics.  He has lots of negative numbers like VORP and Box Score +/- in addition to that sparking .037 WS/48.  He was the baby version of Greg Monroe last season.  

He has the potential to get better but LMAO if you think he is a potential superstar.  Like he would be on the market if the Sixers thought he was anywhere in that vicinity.  You don't see elite young big men get traded when a team's hands aren't being forced.

On 6/22/2016 at 2:01 PM, Hawkmoor said:

We will see starting tomorrow. Remember, we, i mean, :laugh: the Celtics got THREE first round picks. There is no way the Celtics gonna mess that up. I wouldnt be surprised if they offered two of them for Butler or Middleton before this is all over with.  Ainge did something right to wind up with THREE firsts in this draft.

On 6/22/2016 at 2:14 PM, Hawkmoor said:

Purely bluff.  Let Boston offer all 3 and Chicago or Milwaukee would jump in a minute. Its all show at this point.  When that draft kicks off tomorrow, watch what happens.  The only team i can think of that don't value first round picks...is the Hawks.  Thats got to change.

As far as Boston goes, the only person thats gonna be upset in that camp tomorrow is Marcus Smart.  They trying their best to replace him........:laugh:

17 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

@kg01 Danny Ainge showing how to get it done.  You dont want to play ball with the Celtics? Ok,   He knows a point guard is premium right now with Teague gone.  Philly and several other teams need a point guard.  Suddenly , Ainge puts out that he wants to draft Dunn... NOW everybody calling the Celtics and wanna trade with them :laugh:

My man Danny. Show em how its done...

17 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Okafer is as good as in Boston and Dunn going to Philly.  Philly dont want Rubio.

Uuuummmm..............soooooo......yeaaaahhhh....about all those Boston 'assets'  - @Hawkmoor   How did YOUR Seltics do on draft night?

Philly called his bluff about taking Dunn.

yHPT2YO.png

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Uuuummmm..............soooooo......yeaaaahhhh....about all those Boston 'assets'  - @Hawkmoor   How did YOUR Seltics do on draft night?

yHPT2YO.png

I like the Brown pick.  But here's the problem, the Selltics absolutely, positively could not exit this draft with that pick on their roster.  This whole 4+-year plan was to parlay that pick into a star.  Not just a good player (a la Noel/Okafor), they promised they'd land a transcendent star to propel their team past middling playoff status.  This year.  This is a colossal fail and that's not even considering the other wasted 1st round picks.

But sure, yeah, Dan-E has some monster plan that's above all our heads.

yeah-ok.gif

If they were to simply continue to build this could possibly end up not too bad for them.  But that's not their plan.  Patience will wear thin there because of the unfulfilled promises Ainge has made.  Ah well, this is Hawksquawk so it ain't our problem.

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I like the Brown pick.  But here's the problem, the Selltics absolutely, positively could not exit this draft with that pick on their roster.  This whole 4+-year plan was to parlay that pick into a star.  Not just a good player (a la Noel/Okafor), they promised they'd land a transcendent star to propel their team past middling playoff status.  This year.  This is a colossal fail and that's not even considering the other wasted 1st round picks.

But sure, yeah, Dan-E has some monster plan that's above all our heads.

yeah-ok.gif

If they were to simply continue to build this could possibly end up not too bad for them.  But that's not their plan.  Patience will wear thin there because of the unfulfilled promises Ainge has made.  Ah well, this is Hawksquawk so it ain't our problem.

The Brown pick was a good pick, just not sure that was Seltic fans expectation.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

yHPT2YO.png

:laugh:  Look, Philly clowned us, i agree. I think Danny wanted Okafer, AND Noel AND Covington to get out that 3 pick. Philly aint THAT dumb.  :laugh:   that gif :laugh:

As far as the draft picks they got, im ok with their top two picks.  Will they get them past Cleveland?  No, but it puts the Celtics in the conversation about moving up into the top four of the Eastern Conference.  They aint done yet.  Free agency is next.   I predict they make a hard move at Horford now.

Edited by Hawkmoor

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

:laugh:  Look, Philly clowned us, i agree. I think Danny wanted Okafer, AND Noel AND Covington to get out that 3 pick. Philly aint THAT dumb.  :laugh:   that gif :laugh:

As far as the draft picks they got, im ok with their top two picks.  Will they get them past Cleveland?  No, but it puts the Celtics in the conversation about moving up into the top four of the Eastern Conference.  They aint done yet.  Free agency is next.   I predict they make a hard move at Horford now.

I remember seeing that gif all over the Celtics boards of them gloating at their treasure trove of picks.  I went digging for it.

Just like the draft - they'll fall short of expectations. :laugh1:

The folks at ESPN were on the watch, almost BEGGING for someone to give the Celtics a star player for those picks. After the Brown selection, I think Danny said 'eff this' and started selecting guys to stash overseas. 

For their fans, they'd better hope that Ainge delivers in July. Otherwise...

bob barker fail.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejay said:

The folks at ESPN were on the watch, almost BEGGING for someone to give the Celtics a star player for those picks. After the Brown selection, I think Danny said 'eff this' and started selecting guys to stash overseas. 

For their fans, they'd better hope that Ainge delivers in July. Otherwise...

bob barker fail.jpg

Yep.  I really really HATE ESPN....The took a commercial break before  EVERY Hawks draft pick.   Like always Hawks get no airtime.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I remember seeing that gif all over the Celtics boards of them gloating at their treasure trove of picks.  I went digging for it.

Just like the draft - they'll fall short of expectations. :laugh1:

I begrudgingly admit that if the Celtics dont come out of free agency with a big deal,  they wasted this draft haul.  Not because they are bad picks.  They fit what the Celtics need.  The problem is those picks alone will not get them past Cleveland.  Sounds a lot like the Hawks, dont it...

9 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Its nice to be ON ESPN side for a change being a Celtic fan...:fuck:   Celtics need to make a few calls to league office and tell them whats up about free agency and the wonders they can do for ratings with ESPN if Silver makes it happen.

827499.gif

21 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

My bad, i didnt know it was the middle finger gif.  I actually thought it was the thumbs up gif.  I hid that crap.

No Problem. No offense taken.

• Moderators

As predicted, the Celtics failed on their "trade for a star" program.

I like Brown but he will take some time to be a big impact guy - especially on offense.  Sooo they are better today than last season today but not by much.

Now they have to land that stud in FA or they will be right back in the middle of the pack in the East just like this year.