• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tell me your best rumor........

HawkItus

5 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Been out of it for a few, so let me know what "you've heard"

Listening

I mean, regarding what though?  Hawks-related?  I heard we suck until we do something major.

Seriously though, the Jeff-to-PHI thing is the only rumor out that has any sort of leggy legitimacy and even that was far-fetched.  I think we won't hear much until the draft.  Just due to timing and such.

Read a twit that MIL is shopping Monroe hard.  Saw another twit that LAL is shopping Russell already.  Doubt any of those involve us but alls you axed for was what we've "heard".

• Premium Member

Well, 

Let me start by saying that the Teague for Noel Rumor at best is made up. 

However, I believe that Teague or Dennis will be moved on Draft night..  (rumored). 

It's also been rumored that we offered Malichi Richardson a deal...  I believe that it is very possible considering how he's acting. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Listening

I mean, regarding what though?  Hawks-related?  I heard we suck until we do something major.

Seriously though, the Jeff-to-PHI thing is the only rumor out that has any sort of leggy legitimacy and even that was far-fetched.  I think we won't hear much until the draft.  Just due to timing and such.

Read a twit that MIL is shopping Monroe hard.  Saw another twit that LAL is shopping Russell already.  Doubt any of those involve us but alls you axed for was what we've "heard".

I heard about LA shopping DeAngelo too.   It's surprising.  His "dry Snitchin" got him distrusted that much??  They feel that it's just easier to get rid of him than to keep him.  It leads me to believe that Los Angeles is not against trading down either.  This is a situation that the Hawks should watch closely.

IF the Lakers are able to move DeAngelo for a SF.. then we should definitely make a strong play for the #2 spot.  i.e.  Dennis/#21 for #2 and get Ingram. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I heard about LA shopping DeAngelo too.   It's surprising.  His "dry Snitchin" got him distrusted that much??  They feel that it's just easier to get rid of him than to keep him.  It leads me to believe that Los Angeles is not against trading down either.  This is a situation that the Hawks should watch closely.

IF the Lakers are able to move DeAngelo for a SF.. then we should definitely make a strong play for the #2 spot.  i.e.  Dennis/#21 for #2 and get Ingram. 

You mean Teague/21 for 2? Yep, I'm on that. Not trading Dennis who is a far better player already than Teague though.

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You mean Teague/21 for 2? Yep, I'm on that. Not trading Dennis who is a far better player already than Teague though.

Already a far better player but can't snatch the starting job.......................................................................................

Here are two rumors(if you wanna call them that).....#1 - KD as has been discussed to GS(a rumor in a circle or two of people today is that Curry, Green & Durant exchanged some texts this morning about the upcoming season and them playing together.....also Green is pissed with harrison barnes and his play so they feel he is expendable. Also the guy that this came from said it came from KD's trainer that he knows

#2 - Lebron to L.A.(another rumor is that family is getting the kids enrolled in private school now)

Nothing concerning the Hawks....as of yet....let the offseason officially begin!

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

The rumor is them seeking a 2nd top 5 pick for him though.,

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

You would give up #2 for 1 year of Teague???

Hello Danny Manning.  Welcome to Atlanta.   Goodbye Nique. 

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You would give up #2 for 1 year of Teague???

Hello Danny Manning.  Welcome to Atlanta.   Goodbye Nique. 

You do realize we never would have had the cap space to sign Deke if Babcock didn't make the smart move and traded Nique right? I've seen you mention this in a few posts lately. Nique was basically done after that season. It worked in our favor in the end. Manning broke his verbal agreement to Babcock to stay which is great because he kept blowing his knees out after that and we got the best defensive center in the 90's as a free agent. All due to not keeping Nique out of misplaced nostalgia for a player that was never the same after tearing his Achilles's tendon.

17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You do realize we never would have had the cap space to sign Deke if Babcock didn't make the smart move and traded Nique right? I've seen you mention this in a few posts lately. Nique was basically done after that season. It worked in our favor in the end. Manning broke his verbal agreement to Babcock to stay which is great because he kept blowing his knees out after that and we got the best defensive center in the 90's as a free agent. All due to not keeping Nique out of misplaced nostalgia for a player that was never the same after tearing his Achilles's tendon.

All true but we were the #1 seed in the east that year with no Jordan. We could have made the finals with Nique imo. We had the defense with plastic man and Mookie and perimeter shooting with Ehlo and Nique had improved his perimeter game that year as well. I think we would have pushed past the Pacers and Knicks, but still prolly lost to the dream in the finals. Nobody was going to beat the Rockets those 2 years.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

History lesson my friend..

We gave up Plastic Man and Long for a couple of Picks  to get Deke.  That was 1996.

The Nique trade took place in 1994.  In between the Nique trade and the other trade was us trading Kevin Willis for Smitty and Long. 

So your timeline is a little off.

Second Part of the History Lesson...

Nique played well for LAC and they made the playoffs.

Nique went on to play for Boston, the Spurs, and Won a Euroleague Championship.   I don't think he was done.  In fact, Popp had to sit Nique so that the Spurs would have a shot at getting Tim Duncan. 

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Diesel said:

History lesson my friend..

We gave up Plastic Man and Long for a couple of Picks  to get Deke.  That was 1996.

The Nique trade took place in 1994.  In between the Nique trade and the other trade was us trading Kevin Willis for Smitty and Long. 

So your timeline is a little off.

Second Part of the History Lesson...

Nique played well for LAC and they made the playoffs.

Nique went on to play for Boston, the Spurs, and Won a Euroleague Championship.   I don't think he was done.  In fact, Popp had to sit Nique so that the Spurs would have a shot at getting Tim Duncan. 

The history lesson is a bit off. There would be no cap space to sign Deke if we resigned Nique to the big deal he wanted. No one would have taken that off our hands in time for us to sign Deke.

Nique was not good after that season. He was a disaster in Boston. He had one last decent year in SA on a team desperate to lose games to try and draft Duncan. That is not worth Deke.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

All true but we were the #1 seed in the east that year with no Jordan. We could have made the finals with Nique imo. We had the defense with plastic man and Mookie and perimeter shooting with Ehlo and Nique had improved his perimeter game that year as well. I think we would have pushed past the Pacers and Knicks, but still prolly lost to the dream in the finals. Nobody was going to beat the Rockets those 2 years.

I know this is also Diesel's biggest issue with the trade. I don't think that team wins a title against the Rockets. I get wanting to stick with it and try to see what that team could do and the anger in trading Nique. I just think that Pete Babcock gets a bum deal over an aging player wanting a huge deal and Pete realizing he just wasn't worth that.

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know this is also Diesel's biggest issue with the trade. I don't think that team wins a title against the Rockets. I get wanting to stick with it and try to see what that team could do and the anger in trading Nique. I just think that Pete Babcock gets a bum deal over an aging player wanting a huge deal and Pete realizing he just wasn't worth that.

I'm just saying we invested 12 years in Nique. He gave us everything he had in every game. We saw him through the injury in 92. We were having our best season both defensively and chemistry wise in a Jordan free year. 

I just think it takes takes time to build a good team and once you do it, you have a window of time to see it through. We needed to see it through. Babcock owed it to Nique, the city, the fans and even himself to give it at least another 6 months through the playoffs. We will never know what could have been, and that to me is really sad. I cried when we traded him, and honestly looking back at it I almost want to cry again.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm just saying we invested 12 years in Nique. He gave us everything he had in every game. We saw him through the injury in 92. We were having our best season both defensively and chemistry wise in a Jordan free year. 

I just think it takes takes time to build a good team and once you do it, you have a window of time to see it through. We needed to see it through. Babcock owed it to Nique, the city, the fans and even himself to give it at least another 6 months through the playoffs. We will never know what could have been, and that to me is really sad. I cried when we traded him, and honestly looking back at it I almost want to cry again.

You do realize if Pete didn't trade him that he would have had to pay Nique such a huge salary that we never would have the cap space to sign Deke, right? That those awful Nique years in Boston that everyone wants to forget would have happened here on a huge salary that no one would take off our hands? I mean I understand being hurt, God knows I cried when we traded him too but in retrospect Pete did the best thing for the franchise.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

You do realize if Pete didn't trade him that he would have had to pay Nique such a huge salary that we never would have the cap space to sign Deke, right? That those awful Nique years in Boston that everyone wants to forget would have happened here on a huge salary that no one would take off our hands? I mean I understand being hurt, God knows I cried when we traded him too but in retrospect Pete did the best thing for the franchise.

But if you want to look at it retrospectively, how far did we get with Mutombo? 2nd round knockout to the Bulls with Mutombo playing against a rejuvenated Jordan or possibly playing in the eastern conference finals against Patrick Ewing and the Knicks or in the Finals against Hakeem n co.