• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tell me your best rumor........

HawkItus

I am hearing Al Horford and 21 to Orlando (sign and trade) for Tobias Harris and #11.  We will pick Buddy Hield at 11.. if he is not there then we will go for best available. 

Edited by volman

14 minutes ago, volman said:

I am hearing Al Horford and 21 to Orlando (sign and trade) for Tobias Harris and #11.  We will pick Buddy Hield at 11.. if he is not there then we will go for best available. 

@volmanIf Tobias Harris was still in Orlando and not Detroit it would be ALMOST believable.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@volmanIf Tobias Harris was still in Orlando and not Detroit it would be ALMOST believable.

LOL.. Coffee hadn't kicked in today.  Totally forgot!! 

Hey, at least I tried something ;) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volman said:

LOL.. Coffee hadn't kicked in today.  Totally forgot!! 

Hey, at least I tried something ;) 

ROFLMAO...nice

and my favorite part was .."I am hearing"..... Lol...ahhhh Classic 

Edited by Spud2Nique

I am hearing their is a lot of value for Jeff and Dennis. Dennis value has really jumped and teams see him as a future all star which wasn't the case during ASB. He might get us a player that we want long term. Word also is Atlanta is leaning to trading Dennis more than Jeff but they want to keep both which is code for we will keep both if the value is not what we want.

Millsap is unlikely to be moved. 

Splitter is a player they want to keep or at least that is what teams are saying.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

But if you want to look at it retrospectively, how far did we get with Mutombo? 2nd round knockout to the Bulls with Mutombo playing against a rejuvenated Jordan or possibly playing in the eastern conference finals against Patrick Ewing and the Knicks or in the Finals against Hakeem n co.

I'd rather have the Deke years than the terribad Nique in Boston years. That  94 team with Nique would not have won a title. Not sure if anyone could have beaten Hakeem that year.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd rather have the Deke years than the terribad Nique in Boston years. That  94 team with Nique would not have won a title. Not sure if anyone could have beaten Hakeem that year.

Ya but 94 with Nique and our 57 wins and #1 seed heading into the playoffs is unknown. The Deke years are known- no championship or finals appearance.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you look at it retrospectively, we could have had both realities.

Don't trade for Manning and take your shot at a ring.  I hate that we didn't do this.

Then if the team isn't championship level, you could let Nique sign a massive deal elsewhere and you'd end up in the same place as trading for Manning and having him ditch you.  

But having a shot at a ring means a lot and that was our best chance in my lifetime -- as much because Jordan was out as because we were the #1 seed.  You have to sell out for the ring when that window opens (especially since we weren't required to reup Nique during the season).

The thing I have to question is this.  We won at the same percentage after the trade as we did before the trade.  Why would Nique have taken us any farther than Manning?

• Like 1

One last rumor. There is legs to LeBron going to the Lakers. Also, word on the street is Wade might follow and Melo could soon join.

Also, if a

LeBron left, this would make Durant to the East extremely likely and their is three teams in the running for him. Atlanta,  Boston and Miami.

Do not be surprised if he choose us. So if you are a betting man or woman, you better hope LeBron goes to LA.

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

One last rumor. There is legs to LeBron going to the Lakers. Also, word on the street is Wade might follow and Melo could soon join.

Also, if a

LeBron left, this would make Durant to the East extremely likely and their is three teams in the running for him. Atlanta,  Boston and Miami.

Do not be surprised if he choose us. So if you are a betting man or woman, you better hope LeBron goes to LA.

I'm all for Lebron getting out of the East and I've seen the same rumors...but why in the world would he go LA?? Makes no sense to me...I think that's just typical Lakers writers/fans making up stuff...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I'm all for Lebron getting out of the East and I've seen the same rumors...but why in the world would he go LA?? Makes no sense to me...I think that's just typical Lakers writers/fans making up stuff...

He works for team Nike. 

He's needs to do what they need. He wants to play with Paul, Wade, Melo and Paul who would go to the Lakers the next year or during the trade deadline for Russell.

I can't see Lebron to LA.  I think he loves Florida more than anything.  Besides, with a ring he is truly the king in CLE.   If he wants his boys to have there on brothel in the arena, he will get it now.   Why leave that power?

7 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

I can't see Lebron to LA.  I think he loves Florida more than anything.  Besides, with a ring he is truly the king in CLE.   If he wants his boys to have there on brothel in the arena, he will get it now.   Why leave that power?

He nor his wife loves Florida. His biggest house is in LA. Not Cleveland or Miami. His restaurants are in LA. Most of his businesses are in LA.

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He works for team Nike. 

He's needs to do what they need. He wants to play with Paul, Wade, Melo and Paul who would go to the Lakers the next year or during the trade deadline for Russell.

How do you get CP3 for D Russell?? 

I hope the NBA won't allow that. It'd be terrible for the league. Imagine if that Lakers team happens AND Durant goes to the Warriors.

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you look at it retrospectively, we could have had both realities.

Don't trade for Manning and take your shot at a ring.  I hate that we didn't do this.

Then if the team isn't championship level, you could let Nique sign a massive deal elsewhere and you'd end up in the same place as trading for Manning and having him ditch you.  

But having a shot at a ring means a lot and that was our best chance in my lifetime -- as much because Jordan was out as because we were the #1 seed.  You have to sell out for the ring when that window opens (especially since we weren't required to reup Nique during the season).

And there it is, folks. Close the phone lines, we have a winner.

When you are 36-15 and the top seed in the East with no Jordan, Bird, or Isiah (the three guys chiefly responsible for knocking your teams out of the playoffs in the past) to deal with, you sell out for the ring. You add more pieces around Nique if need be to load up for the playoffs. You sell out for that title when you're in that position. Sure, they won at the same clip with Manning but they were not the same team. I was a season ticket holder back then, attended every single home game and it was obvious. Miami damn near eliminated them in the first round before they got trucked by the Pacers. To this day, I have a hard time believing that they have the same trouble in the first two rounds with Nique there, especially considering that this would've been his final shot at getting to the promised land. And I'm also of the belief that the Hawks wouldn't have been as easy an out for the Rockets in the Finals as many say. I watched them torch the Rockets at the Omni when Houston had that long winning streak to start the season so who knows?

Since Nique was clearly in the twilight of his career, the Hawks weren't forced to re-up with him once that season ended. Coming off a possible first-ever trip to the Finals, the team had just as much leverage as he did. If he would've demanded some insane number, you could part ways and still feel good that you got as far as you could possibly go with him. And at the same time, you still would've had the cap space to eventually sign Dikembe anyway. To do what they did instead was just unwise...

Edited by Dejay

Just now, DS5 said:

I hope the NBA won't allow that. It'd be terrible for the league. Imagine if that Lakers team happens AND Durant goes to the Warriors.

I don't think he gets you that. I do not see a place where LAC would trade Paul to LAL

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Also, if a

Durant is gonna stay with Thunder.

11 minutes ago, DS5 said:

CP3 would have to opt after the 2016/17 season and sign as a free agent. 

They'd have to trade for Melo meaning some combination of Russell, the #2 pick this year and Randall goes to NY.

LAL will have to clear the books to sign LBJ (max$32) Wade (close to max $25)and trade for Melo ($25). That leaves $12 mil for rest of roster.