• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tell me your best rumor........

HawkItus

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

CP3 would have to opt after the 2016/17 season and sign as a free agent. 

They'd have to trade for Melo meaning some combination of Russell, the #2 pick this year and Randall goes to NY.

LAL will have to clear the books to sign LBJ (max$32) Wade (close to max $25)and trade for Melo ($25). That leaves $12 mil for rest of roster.

Oh ok...I thought Supes meant that Paul would be traded to the Lakers for Russell...hence my confusion. 

2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Oh ok...I thought Supes meant that Paul would be traded to the Lakers for Russell...hence my confusion. 

He did kinda say Russell to LAC for Paul, which like i pointed might be hard to do since they have to trade for Melo.

• Premium Member

I can't see Lebron leaving Cle again esp. not after winning a ring.

That being said...he could do so with a clean sheet by fulfilling his promise to win a ring for Cleveland. If he left the East I'd dance for joy.

Lebatard is talking Lebron to the LA...........Clippers.

Blake for Melo.

Wade and Lebron via FA.

Paul, Wade, Melo, Lebron, Jordan.   Don't know how that would work, but I quit if it happens.  Remember now Le Batard was perfect on his 2010 FA predictions.

I don't see Lebron leaving for LA when he has all the cache he's currently enjoying in Cleveland. He literally owns that city and region and doesn't have to share the spotlight with anyone. When he's 80 years old, he'll still never have to pay a bill or bar tab in that town for winning them a title. And with the East being the way it is, why not just create your own 'Team Voltron' in Ohio by having some guys join him there? They have assets to move (see Love, Kevin) and an owner who has a bottomless pit for a payroll. Barring Durant moving East to Miami, Boston, or here, Cleveland is the prohibitive favorite to not only come out of the East but to do so easily. Why bother dealing with OKC (with Durant), San Antonio (fading but still a threat if Duncan plays), the Clips, and Golden State when you have a much easier slate in the East?

I would be beyond shocked if he left Cleveland again...

• Like 1

Agreed, it would be a big, big surprise to me. He is such a freaking hero there and a couple of hall of famers have made not so complimentary comments in the past about chasing titles in other cities when in your prime doesn't resonate as much as building your own team. I don't know if he cares about that stuff or not.  

I think there is a 1% chance of Lebron leaving the Cavs. How many players have won the championship then bolted? None is history. And I'm not talking about a borderline starter I'm talking about a superstar. There are 0 superstars that have won the title then fled.

• Premium Member

Being a Hawks fan for many years I will have to see the Hawks make a major move to believe it.   Im just gun shy after all these years of getting worked up after GM after GM saying wait til the off season and something small or nothing happens.   

I still want to see a commitment to winning a championship.  Last time that happened was in the late 80s I believe with us getting Reggie Theus and Moses Malone............................................ah approx 28 years ago.

Edited by Vol4ever
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Being a Hawks fan for many years I will have to see the Hawks make a major move to believe it.   Im just gun shy after all these years of getting worked up after GM after GM saying wait til the off season and something small or nothing happens.   

I still want to see a commitment to winning a championship.  Last time that happened was in the late 80s I believe with us getting Reggie Theus and Moses Malone............................................ah approx 28 years ago.

What? You mean resigning Bazemore ain't enough for you?   :laugh:

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

That came off of the '88 semis they had with Boston and was the very last time that I can remember the Hawks telling the NBA 'watch this' and going for the gold. The fans responded in kind by packing the Omni that year. The chemistry wasn't there (Theus and Fratello feuding was no secret) and Willis missing the year with a broken foot didn't help things though. 

That's what I want to see this summer. Make the fans believe once again... 

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

What? You mean resigning Bazemore ain't enough for you?   :laugh:

96jvr.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dejay said:

That came off of the '88 semis they had with Boston and was the very last time that I can remember the Hawks telling the NBA 'watch this' and going for the gold. The fans responded in kind by packing the Omni that year. The chemistry wasn't there (Theus and Fratello feuding was no secret) and Willis missing the year with a broken foot didn't help things though. 

That's what I want to see this summer. Make the fans believe once again... 

Yep you and I been around too long for "tweeking."   

Where are you when we need you Ted Turner!

Edited by Vol4ever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Lebatard is talking Lebron to the LA...........Clippers.

Blake for Melo.

Wade and Lebron via FA.

Paul, Wade, Melo, Lebron, Jordan.   Don't know how that would work, but I quit if it happens.  Remember now Le Batard was perfect on his 2010 FA predictions.

LAC has $78 mil in commited salary, so even if they trade Blake for Melo straight up that leaves them with $16 mil for LBJ and Wade.

22 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Yep you and I been around too long for "tweeking."   

You GD right about that, Vol. The days of them bringing in some scrub from the D-League, a has been from 2005, or Eurotrash player who averaged 8/3 in Spain jumped the shark with me a long time ago. You 'tweak' when your team just finished winning 62 games and lost in the ECFs or Finals in a six or seven-game series that could've gone either way. Getting carpet-bombed both times against the same team requires just a little bit more than that. Just me... 

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

The history lesson is a bit off. There would be no cap space to sign Deke if we resigned Nique to the big deal he wanted. No one would have taken that off our hands in time for us to sign Deke.

Nique was not good after that season. He was a disaster in Boston. He had one last decent year in SA on a team desperate to lose games to try and draft Duncan. That is not worth Deke.

Just like we traded Long and Plastic to make room for Deke, there were trades that could have been made.   2 years between the acquisition of Deke and the trading of Nique means that these events weren't as connected as you say.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dejay said:

I don't see Lebron leaving for LA when he has all the cache he's currently enjoying in Cleveland. He literally owns that city and region and doesn't have to share the spotlight with anyone. When he's 80 years old, he'll still never have to pay a bill or bar tab in that town for winning them a title. And with the East being the way it is, why not just create your own 'Team Voltron' in Ohio by having some guys join him there? They have assets to move (see Love, Kevin) and an owner who has a bottomless pit for a payroll. Barring Durant moving East to Miami, Boston, or here, Cleveland is the prohibitive favorite to not only come out of the East but to do so easily. Why bother dealing with OKC (with Durant), San Antonio (fading but still a threat if Duncan plays), the Clips, and Golden State when you have a much easier slate in the East?

I would be beyond shocked if he left Cleveland again...

I think he's done with Cleveland.

I can definitely see him in Miami with Wade again.   I think when he said "I'm coming Home".. he wasn't talking about Cleveland.

1 hour ago, Dejay said:

You GD right about that, Vol. The days of them bringing in some scrub from the D-League, a has been from 2005, or Eurotrash player who averaged 8/3 in Spain jumped the shark with me a long time ago. You 'tweak' when your team just finished winning 62 games and lost in the ECFs or Finals in a six or seven-game series that could've gone either way. Getting carpet-bombed both times against the same team requires just a little bit more than that. Just me...

The funny thing is Diesel has wayyyyy more of a point with 90s Hawks teams than this recent stretch. The 90s Hawks teams weren't getting completely stomped on by only one team, they were showing signs that they were much closer than these teams, these teams are getting completely stomped on. You can make a point that maybe if Dominique is kept the whole year in 93/94, that Hawks team is the one that breaks the ECF drought (21 years before it actually was) and likely has a legit chance at going to the finals. But that would've been their last chance before they had to heavily retool because that was Dominique's last year as a superstar. You can't try to project and say "Well, what if Dominique is on the 96/97 Hawks team that won 56 games and lost to the Bulls?" If he was we would have had a legit Finals chance!" That's forgetting his age.

With this team it's different. They have about two more seasons before they're going to have to blow it up due to so many players being aged if they don't make a concerted effort to bring in young talent on the team (and that's why Dennis Schröder being traded is a big mistake unless you think this team is two pieces away from being a legit Finals contender and well, Diesel does, so maybe I shouldn't bother), and they're not as close as the 90s teams, I mean both of the series against a legit contender have been (like the ones in the Woodson era) an absolute joke under the new regime.

When you have only one starter under the age of 30 and only two legit young prospects on the bench, it's bad. Hardaway Jr, although he improved, isn't considered one.

Edited by Lurker