• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud trial happening now (update: NOT GUILTY of DUI!)

macdaddy

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So this has been pretty quiet but the pretrial motions started yesterday (monday 6/20).     I didn't see it posted here so i apologize if this is duplicated.

Ferry is coming to town to testify that Bud only had one glass of wine.     That coupled with his permanently watery, bloodshot eyes and his .01 blood test (hours later of course), should get him off the hook i would think.     For a team of 'high character' guys we have a lot of court time to get through.  

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/atlanta-hawks-coach-mike-budenholzer-fights-dui-arrest/353396142

Bud is known for his defense so I imagine it will work out. He is already big in community service with the Hawks. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

PR-wise, pushing the trial back to next Monday (6/27) to accommodate Ferry is good news for the team. It gets Thursday's Draft results and Friday's practice-facility groundbreaking out of the way without media distractions.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No way in hell it lasts that long.   The prosecution will only call the officer.   The defense should just have Bud, Ferry and maybe an expert on BAC.  I don't see how this goes a day once they get a jury.  

24 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No way in hell it lasts that long.   The prosecution will only call the officer.   The defense should just have Bud, Ferry and maybe an expert on BAC.  I don't see how this goes a day once they get a jury.  

Well its postponed until Monday so Ferry can appear to testify that Bud had 1 glass of wine with dinner.

All Bud needs to present is every post game interview of his 'blood shot glassy eyes'

Of course I don't know what happens legally but Coach Bud and his staff are a very good future for our Hawks with or without a superstar. Thinking coach John Wooden would be both proud of what Bud has done and how he has elevated team defense to where it counts in the NBA possibly beyond what Pops has done because we haven't had a legitimate seven foot two way player to utilize like the Spurs have had for so incredibly long.  

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Of course I don't know what happens legally but Coach Bud and his staff are a very good future for our Hawks with or without a superstar. Thinking coach John Wooden would be both proud of what Bud has done and how he has elevated team defense to where it counts in the NBA possibly beyond what Pops has done because we haven't had a legitimate seven foot two way player to utilize like the Spurs have had for so incredibly long.  

This is a 50/50 because it could be a glass half full or seriously sour grapes. 

• Moderators

I missed the dashcam vid from last night (anybody here see it?) A small-b bud of mine said Big-B Bud looked like a wobbly letter T when he walked (as instructed) with his arms spread. Also mentioned a waiter was a witness, said there was nothing out of the ordinary w.r.t. the drinks ordered at the restaurant that evening.

~lw3