Sixers Hawks negotiations fail.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Sixers Hawks deal failing led us to trade with Indy.

I can imagine that the 76ers wanted to ship us Okafor for Teague and we kept pressing for Noel.   

IF that was the case, Bud is stupid. 

However, they did say...the deal would have been a multiplayer deal.   I guess that means that they wanted us to take Stuaskis too. 

25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I can imagine that the 76ers wanted to ship us Okafor for Teague and we kept pressing for Noel.   

However, they did say...the deal would have been a multiplayer deal.   I guess that means that they wanted us to take Stuaskis too. 

I know you don't like Al but maybe they wanted a guard and not Okafor or Noel due to having Sap and Horford already.

29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Why trade for a player you are not interested in?  You trade for what you need not for what you can get.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why trade for a player you are not interested in?  You trade for what you need not for what you can get.

We don't know what the combos were. I would certainly take Noel and Covington over Okafor and Nik if those were two of the possibilities.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

We don't know what the combos were. I would certainly take Noel and Covington over Okafor and Nik if those were two of the possibilities.

That's just it - we don't know.

39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So Bud is not stupid.....

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Bankingitbig said:

No one knows. I have seen reports saying that Boston tried getting Okafor for the #3 pick, but that Philly wants to give up Noel instead.

I can't believe that...  For Philly to have two High Lottery picks, they should be willing to give up a C that has caused them nothing but problems and is hurt now.

Bottom line is that Bud and company are stupid.  Teague for the 12th pick in a weak draft is a bad deal.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Alex said:

Bottom line is that Bud and company are stupid.  Teague for the 12th pick in a weak draft is a bad deal.  

No.. No...  You have to wait til all the moves are over to be so dismissive.  Bud is SMART!!  Hes' probably going to swing a deal that send #21 and #12 away and he will get Boris Diaw.    We don't know it yet, but Boris Diaw is the missing piece to the puzzle  Can't you see him making his triumphant return from where it all started?

uniform19.jpg?itok=Bi9tHeq1

Don't you dare be sour!! Clap.. for #13... Boris Diaw.

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I know you don't like Al but maybe they wanted a guard and not Okafor or Noel due to having Sap and Horford already.

Yeah, we see how those two performed in the playoffs. Not that I would expect either to be gone hsd the Hawks landed NoIel. He could have been groomed to be the starter in a year or two. Now the Hawks are stuck with a soon to be aging front line.