• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Taurean Prince...really?

Sothron

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Cordinier will suprise a lot of people here in a year or two.

I had him on my draft and stash list like a month ago. I posted it on the other Hawks board. Loved what I saw from him. Still raw but he is only 19 and has time to improve. I think he will surprise folks too.

3 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Whenever I feel like it.

I know that it pisses some of you guys off that more often than not I'm correct about this team, but you'll have to get over it.

ray%2Bliotta%2Bgoodfellas%2Blaughing.jpg

5 hours ago, MaceCase said:

This is an odd statement to make considering that he's younger than who the Wolves took 5th.

They will literally find anything to complain about man. We didn't pick the guy that they watched 6 minutes of highlights from so we're doomed. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Living in Mexico I don't see college hoops, so I can't have much of an opinion on these picks other than it's a GOOD thing that we are addressing the wings, since that was our weakest spot on the roster. If our front office thinks Prince can start at one of the wing positions then we may have just found a replacement for Bazemore at 1/10th the price. This could free up cash to go after players such as Demarr Derozan, or Eric Gordon.

Of course, instead at looking at the potential positives of these moves, let's focus on the negatives we all know and love such as: The Hawks suck, they always screw up, we are hopeless, what's the point of following this team?.... phew, there.... now I feel I fit in again.

Edited by Atlantaholic

On 6/24/2016 at 5:53 AM, DeacKillsaDevil said:

This guy had Prince going to the Celtics at 16. http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/23/nba-mock-draft-trades-buzz-ben-simmons-dragan-bender-brandon-ingram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are wigging out over the reach. But every two or three years the draft pundits like to do a draft do over; and every year quite a few players who were not in "their" top ten somehow magically appear in their new top ten. Its hilarious really that we take these guys so seriously.

I look for Prince and Bembry to both be two of those magical players. I think both have skill sets that translate very well to the NBA.

On 6/24/2016 at 5:53 AM, DeacKillsaDevil said:

This guy had Prince going to the Celtics at 16. http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/23/nba-mock-draft-trades-buzz-ben-simmons-dragan-bender-brandon-ingram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thinking was the Cs would take Prince also. He would fill a need for 3s and give their coach a defender at SF which is what they need also. Perfect fit for them and a perfect fit for us. I am glad we got him instead.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

The more I look into Prince the more I like it. His numbers are very similar to the numbers that Jimmy Butler put up at Marquette and Prince has said that Butler is someone he's trying to model his game after. That is NOT to say that he will become Jimmy Butler (no one expected Jimmy Butler to become this good) but don't be so fast to mark him down as simply a Demarre clone.  He has a very decent jumpshot right now and it will only get better under our player development staff. What will take him to that next level is improving his ball handling. 

• Like 2

I had to bump this after reading this:

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/07/01/2016-17-rookie-ladder-summer-league-edition-1/index.html?ls=nbahpfull2

Prince is already ranked as the 9th most ready/impacting rookie and he has yet to play a game. Spin it as a reach all you like, this kid will be contributing this season.