• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Taurean Prince...really?

Sothron

Don't think many of us dislike Prince. He seems like DMC and our coaches can develop his three at a younger age than they did with DMC. A lot of us are surprised at him going in the lottery though. Hoping for the best.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

The fact that the majority of posters here are bemoaning the pick makes me feel like it's a good one.  This board's posters insights, when averaged, are equivalent to that of a fifth grader.  I'm agnostic.  Gonna wait and see. 

Lol. Ain't that the truth. I thought Cody Zeller was gonna be sick. We're all wrong quite a bit.

• Premium Member
Just now, Guard said:

Never thought I'd see Hawks fans shame other Hawks fans for not blindly accepting what this front office does :laugh:

The Hawks have had one of the worst front offices in the league for a LONG time. Skepticism is justified with this embarrassment of a franchise.

QFT

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guard said:

Never thought I'd see Hawks fans shame other Hawks fans for not blindly accepting what this front office does :laugh:

The Hawks have had one of the worst front offices in the league for a LONG time. Skepticism is justified with this embarrassment of a franchise.

Is blindly hating any better?

Here, I'll actually say something: Prince can shoot, has the tools to be a good defender and plays with some serious heart. He's a fluid athlete and versatile, shows some ability to pass.

What you got?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFuzz said:

Is blindly hating any better?

Here, I'll actually say something: Prince can shoot, has the tools to be a good defender and plays with some serious heart. He's a fluid athlete and versatile, shows some ability to pass.

What you got?

He would have been available an hour after he was picked.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheFuzz said:

Like Thon Maker and Pap?

So others teams make stupid draft decisions and reach for players so the Hawks should too?

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

So others teams make stupid draft decisions and reach for players so the Hawks should too?

Strawman. WHY is this a reach? What about his game says he's not fit to be the 12th pick? FWIW, he was projected anywhere from 9-24 according to another site.

Should I list good picks that were drafted later to build up my own strawman?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

You don't reach for a guy ranked 30th at 12. It is okay, we got a small forward that can't shoot at all at 21 to try and make the reach pick look better.

Ranked 30th by who? Chad f'n Ford?

Nobody has said a THING about his actual game.

Butler went 30th, while we're not actually saying anything.

I never watch college but I like what I've heard of him and the mushroom head kid.  I also heard that Payne was one of the most athletic players in his draft and Jenkins was the best pure shooter in his so...

As poor as the Hawks' draft history is, I get roped in every year hoping we got a gem.  No different from the other 29 teams' fans, some worse than us.

• Like 4

Our draft night didn't get me excited (again), but you never know. It's foolish to write players off before they get a chance to prove themselves.  But if we don't do something noteworthy in free agency or with a trade...

• Like 1