• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SummerHawks

lethalweapon3

31 minutes ago, sturt said:

Edy and Lamar playing a 3rd year... I believe that would be a voluntary thing on their part, no?

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2016/7/6/12096460/atlanta-hawks-las-vegas-summer-league-roster-2016-taurean-prince-deandre-bembry

They have so much to improve on maybe they realize its the only good route to take and its starting in a couple of days. Should please the staff anyway.

• Moderators

Brandon+Taylor+Arizona+v+Utah+r00NSxAgee

Somebody on the Hawks' scout team really likes West-Coast ballers!

If you're like me and you don't live on the Left Coast, you probably don't catch much Pac-12 hoops unless Bill Walton said something outrageous enough to make it onto SportsCenter. But you likely will remember Utah's Brandon Taylor making the news as the victim of a one-piece, courtesy of Stormin' Mormon freshman star Nick Emery, as the Utes were about to beat their hated BYU rivals.

Utah's coach, former Buck Larry Krystkowiak, was so upset about it, he personally paid a fee to get his team out of next year's contest with the Cougars.

While that punch surely hurt, it's inside Taylor's head where you'll find the smarts. The senior guard from Utah was the Pac-12's Scholar-Athlete of the Year. Despite his diminutive frame (5-foot-10, 165 pounds soaking wet), he was able to steer Utah into the Sweet 16 as a junior (losing to eventual champ Duke), and continued tag-teaming with NBA lotto-pick Jakob Poeltl in 2016 to earn the Utes a #3 seed in this year's tourney.

A state high school champ and divisional player of the year in California, Taylor built a reputation at Utah as a solid floor general with the ability to take, and make, big shots in the clutch. On defense, his 1.7 SPG last season ranked 3rd in the Pac-12 behind Gary Payton II and Dejounte Murray.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, hazer said:

No Delaney?

Maybe! We'll have to wait-and-see about Force MD. I'm assuming, with Cotton/Pangos/Taylor already locked down at the lead guard spot for Summer League, that Atlanta plans on saving Delaney for their "Hawks University" player-development program on the side. His acclimation to NBA ball may come later on via intra-squad scrimmaging and preseason hoops.

~lw3

• Like 1

Is the 8th the day that Prince is officially a Hawk? I can't remember the exact day, but Friday the 8th is game 1 so how does that work? The NBA needs to fix the idiotic way they deal with the drafted players. It makes zero sense and is like amateur hour.

58 minutes ago, JRid said:

Is the 8th the day that Prince is officially a Hawk? I can't remember the exact day, but Friday the 8th is game 1 so how does that work? The NBA needs to fix the idiotic way they deal with the drafted players. It makes zero sense and is like amateur hour.

The official signings of free agents and the official execution previous trades starts tomorrow.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The official signings of free agents and the official execution previous trades starts tomorrow.

Thanks.  Prince won't get a lot of practice time b4 Friday, I guess. If we were one of the teams already playing Prince wouldn't even get to play.  I just can't believe the NBA can't figure out away to make situations like this better.

• Like 3

So Brandon Taylor shot forty four percent from three one year. 

SEASON AVERAGES
SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2015-16 UTAH 32.9 3.2-8.1 .395 1.8-5.3 .335 1.5-1.9 .821 2.3 3.9 0.0 1.7 1.4 2.2 9.7
2014-15 UTAH 30.2 3.5-7.8 .445 2.3-5.3 .439 1.4-1.6 .857 2.6 3.3 0.0 1.3 1.5 1.7 10.6
2013-14 UTAH 31.4 3.5-8.3 .425 1.9-4.9 .398 1.6-2.0 .806 2.1 3.5 0.1 0.9 1.5 2.2 10.6
2012-13 UTAH 20.8 2.3-5.4 .429 1.2-2.8 .420 1.1-1.5 .721 1.6 2.0 0.0 0.9 1.4 1.7 6.9
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, JRid said:

Thanks.  Prince won't get a lot of practice time b4 Friday, I guess. If we were one of the teams already playing Prince wouldn't even get to play.  I just can't believe the NBA can't figure out away to make situations like this better.

Yea.  Seems like they could bump it out a few days.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So you mean we still have Jeff and Al for a few more hours?