• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SummerHawks

lethalweapon3

The roster includes two rookies from last season in guard Lamar Patterson and center Edy Tavares and all three of this year’s draft picks in forward Taurean Prince (Baylor), forward DeAndre’ Bembry (St. Joseph’s) and guard Isaia Cordinier (France). It also includes forward Matt Costello (Michigan St.), who agreed to a contract and will go to training camp in September.

The rest of the roster includes guard Kevin Pangos (Gonzaga), guard Bryce Cotton (Providence), forward Brandon Taylor (Penn St.), forward Reggie Redding (Villanova), forward Darington Hobson (New Mexico), forward Brandon Ashley (Arizona), forward Malcolm Thomas (San Diego St.), forward Jordan Tolbert (SMU) and forward Stephane Lasme (Massachusetts).

• Moderators

How about a buzzer-beating... PASS?

Along the way to the Final Four for the 2009 Villanova Wildcats, that dime was dropped by Reggie Redding. The Bazemorey 6-foot-5 shooting guard went undrafted in 2010, and his first overseas gig was in... Cyprus! The team he landed on was founded in 1942 but had never won a Cypriot League title until the season he got there. It was just enough to get the attention of teams over in Germany's Basketball Bundesliga.

Redding spent the next four seasons in the German BBL, making an All-Star team, a league end-of-season First-Team, and Eurocup Second-Team honors. During the NBA's 2014 preseason exhibitions, Redding had team-highs of 5 assists and 4 steals for Alba Berlin, plus 12 points as Berlin "upset" the defending champion San Antonio Spurs at the buzzer. Redding's three-pointer with 5 seconds to go and an inbound steal set the stage for the dramatic finish.

Currently, Redding plays in Turkey, in the middle of a two-year contract with Darüşşafaka (no way am I pronouncing that!)  

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

130308_thomas_250.jpg

Malcolm Thomas probably still knows his way around Philips Arena. Back when the 6-foot-9 combo forward with a 7-foot-2 wingspan went undrafted out of San Diego State (Kawhi's 34-3 Sweet Sixteen team) in 2011, the Hawks were the first to call him up for workouts (no Summer League hoops that season; thanks, NBA Lockout!). Among the dignitaries during those summer runs were David Lighty, "Roundball Mike Vick" Qyntel Woods, and two guys named Donald Sloan and Ivan Johnson.

Sloan and Johnson would eventually get contracts from the Hawks that winter, once the Lockout ended. Thomas, meanwhile, was about to bounce all over the friggin' place. South Korea, the Lakers, the D-League; Israel, the D-League, Golden State, the D-League; Chicago, the D-League, San Antonio (reunion w/ Kawhi), the D-League; Utah, Cleveland, the D-Leag-- I mean, the Sixers, Puerto Rico, the D-League, The Philippines...

Perhaps Thomas keeps leaving his wallet in El Segundo? Because the L.A. D-fenders, have slapped a jersey on him on SIX different occasions over five years, to say nothing of his D-League tenures in Austin (A D-Leaue All-Star in 2014), Rio Grande Valley, and Santa Cruz. Go ahead and retire his number already, L.A.!

~lw3

• Like 1

So I'm guessing Bembry, Prince and Malcolm Delaney are all playing today? Hope so. Game is on at 5pm PST  folks!!! That's 8 pm est for most of you in the ATL! I think we can take the Rox!

19 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

So I'm guessing Bembry, Prince and Malcolm Delaney are all playing today? Hope so. Game is on at 5pm PST  folks!!! That's 8 pm est for most of you in the ATL! I think we can take the Rox!

Delaney is there just to meet is teammates not to play. But he will observe their game. 

Watching the other team's SL games really hasn't been that great for me but my interest level in SL will rise a lot tonight. The other games I've seen were sloppy and off and on I have been tuning into CFL games, last night included.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Watching the other team's SL games really hasn't been that great for me but my interest level in SL will rise a lot tonight. The other games I've seen were sloppy and off and on I have been tuning into CFL games, last night included.

That's summer league.

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Prince #12

Bembry #43

Per Summer League Roster:

7 assistant coaches - I wonder if this is less or more than last year?

Nice!hhhmmm not sure about the coaches but very excited to see 5 guys..

Taurean

Deandre

Isaia

Edy

Lamar

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

The first few games are always disorganized.  It gets better as players learn the system and eachother.  Hang in there.

55 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Prince #12

Bembry #43

Per Summer League Roster:

7 assistant coaches - I wonder if this is less or more than last year?

Wow.  Those birthday dates.  Im getting old...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

The first few games are always disorganized.  It gets better as players learn the system and eachother.  Hang in there.

Yup.  The Spurs always show well, their game last night versus the Celtics was entertaining.  They added yet another good looking rookie.

Blasphemous I know, but Simmons' ceiling just may be Magic.  I didn't see any lack of assertiveness or aggression that was the nitpick in college.

Like everyone else, looking forward to seeing Ashley.  And somebody, anybody emerge as a viable third PG.

Edited by benhillboy