• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SummerHawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, gHost83 said:

If we can find a way to dump Splitter and pick up Humph, we would be in good shape.  2 years 9 mill with a team option should do it...

Good stab at it, as it turns out (... 1 yr @ $4m).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

The Hawks have never had even close to this level of skill on their summer league team. We're going to have to let several guys go who look like they can play at this level. I really like Pangos and Cotton and I've been pulling for Patterson for a few years but I doubt any of them make it. Pangos I feel could be dynamite off the bench ala Barea years ago during the Mavs run. Cordon Bleu looks like he's going to be a steal and I can't wait to see how he develops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true.

Pangos reminds me of Steve Kerr especially his set shot 3.  If he's not with us or gets an NBA offer, he goes back overseas, then we might have another crack at him next year.

Cordon Bleu :laugh1:  Love it - he's gonna be my fave.  He has no backdown in him.  That behind the back crossover at mid court: Manu Ginobli-esque.  

Wes Wilcox was asked if he's a 1 or 2 - said he's a 1.75.

Coach Jenkins on Prince:

"Honestly, from when we watched him and we talked to him, and we've all seen him working out. I think he's picking up that stuff pretty quickly. The rotations may be a little bit different and responsibilities, but I think he's picking up stuff really quick, so I think him translating from college here won't be much of an adjustment for him."

9 hours ago, sturt said:

What's damn incredible when you think about it... Prince did what he did w/ practically zero time practicing, if any at all. If there were ever a year when we need to see rookies step up and demand floor time, this is it, and at least Summer League so far suggests there's some reason for hope on that front.

Don't get me wrong.... I'm still hard to be persuaded that either Bembry or Prince will be rotation guys for any extent... but at least, again, it seems they might both be capable of making a case for Bud to consider it.

Would love to see Prince play after getting some practice with the team.  Looks like the bracket is supposed to start tomorrow but none of the games have been announced.  

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/bracket/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

The Hawks have never had even close to this level of skill on their summer league team. We're going to have to let several guys go who look like they can play at this level. I really like Pangos and Cotton and I've been pulling for Patterson for a few years but I doubt any of them make it. Pangos I feel could be dynamite off the bench ala Barea years ago during the Mavs run. Cordon Bleu looks like he's going to be a steal and I can't wait to see how he develops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope we get our own D-League team where we can keep some of this talent around for the future if needed.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Alex said:

He already has a camp invite.  Doesn't need to showcase his skills yet.

You mean like... making a layup?

(hehe... sorry.... even he had to laugh, didn't he?)

I'll say this.... there's more talent than there than I'd anticipated.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Very true.

Pangos reminds me of Steve Kerr especially his set shot 3.  If he's not with us or gets an NBA offer, he goes back overseas, then we might have another crack at him next year.

Cordon Bleu :laugh1:  Love it - he's gonna be my fave.  He has no backdown in him.  That behind the back crossover at mid court: Manu Ginobli-esque.  

Wes Wilcox was asked if he's a 1 or 2 - said he's a 1.75.

Seriously? If you're going to quote me, use proper citation. Lol

23 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Kid's got Manu written all over him :-)

There you go @JayBirdHawk...lol...don't worry I'll chalk this situation up as Elaine with her cartoon of Ziggy to the New Yorker...Putty had Ziggy bed sheets...seeped into her mind unconsciously...

48 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

There you go @JayBirdHawk...lol...don't worry I'll chalk this situation up as Elaine with her cartoon of Ziggy to the New Yorker...Putty had Ziggy bed sheets...seeped into her mind unconsciously...

Took you long enough @Spud2Nique...I know you mentioned it but as usual I will ALWAYS refuse to give you ANY credit.:tongue:

2 hours ago, sturt said:

You mean like... making a layup?

(hehe... sorry.... even he had to laugh, didn't he?)

I'll say this.... there's more talent than there than I'd anticipated.

I haven't watched any of the rec league basketball games.  

Just now, Alex said:

I haven't watched any of the rec league basketball games.  

Usually, I find SL games unwatchable, but this year I was intrigued to see out new guys.  One thing with the Hawks team they do share the ball and try to get all involved so that at least makes it 'not so bad'

Knowing now our most likely ten man rotation this coming season I'm really concentrating on Prince and Bembry tomorrow. Feeling more and more positive with them seeing what their capable of. Believe Prince will make us feel good about the trade once we're into the season a bit. We didn't lose Jeff for nothing.