• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One thing a lot of people are forgetting.

Buzzard

I've been saying that the hole time but these fans not all don't want to recognize that they are stuck up on Teague,stop waste your time telling them that soTRUE TRUE TRUE  statement. The stats don't lie and was a better team with DS17 running the show people. 

Edited by LikejRod29
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

He isn't capable of running the offense like Teague did, not much of a willing passer. Schröder wants to get his shot a bit too much for my liking, he's going to have to try harder to get everyone else shots like Teague did.

Bud coaches the system and runs the team, he must think Schröder will be more than capable. I like the move we made, I might have liked Teague for Noel better but looks like what would have to be included to make the money work killed that one.

I can't blame Phily, Noel for Teague is more than enough IMO.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I do think Schröder is a willing passer if that is his role (it will be as starter).  I think Bud wanted him to look to score off the bench, as 2nd unit was offensively challenged a good bit.

• Like 2

Schröder  is not a closer..He lost like 3 close games with Germany last summer and blew the game on the final play against the Cavs..His  Rondo style of play is a huge risk when u think of him being a full time starter...The nimbers  will be great and Rondo like but we will take a step back in the win column..

Edited by LastDon

2 minutes ago, turnermx said:

I do think Schröder is a willing passer if that is his role (it will be as starter).  I think Bud wanted him to look to score off the bench, as 2nd unit was offensively challenged a good bit.

I can't give out anymore likes!

I agree and in some instances we needed Teague to score more as well. Per 36 Teague and Schröder are pretty equal except in rebounds. Dennis gets 4.5 to Teagues 3.4 a game.  I don't think we will miss a beat at PG, just gotta see if our rookies help us out or not.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I agree and in some instances we needed Teague to score more as well. Per 36 Teague and Schröder are pretty equal except in rebounds. Dennis gets 4.5 to Teagues 3.4 a game.  I don't think we will miss a beat at PG, just gotta see if our rookies help us out or not.

And you would think our on point defense improves overall because of the increase in minutes Dennis is definitely going to play. Will be interesting and I think Dennis will help create fast break points for us as well. Hopefully he doesn't foul out too often.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

And you would think our on point defense improves overall because of the increase in minutes Dennis is definitely going to play. Will be interesting and I think Dennis will help create fast break points for us as well. 

Yes! Defensively Schröder is better, offensively its  a wash. Dennis does need to watch the turnovers. He averaged one more of them per 36 than Teague. Bud is kind of accustomed to turnovers. Tony Parker had a bad TO to Assist ratio when he was young as well.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Bud coaches the system and runs the team, he must think Schröder will be more than capable. I like the move we made, I might have liked Teague for Noel better but looks like what would have to be included to make the money work killed that one.

I can't blame Phily, Noel for Teague is more than enough IMO.

IN the end, we don't know why they traded Teague.  A lot of speculation is that Teague wanted to Leave.   A lot of speculation is that people think that Bud thought that Dennis was better (even though the numbers don't bear this out).   The problem is this...  We weakened ourselves at a position of strength.    That would have been good if we had a surefire plan to fix our place of weakness but so far, we drafted a guy we could have gotten at 21 and then we cleared space to bring back Baze.   I hope it's true that we're also getting Deng but there are so many things that have to go right for any of that to happen so we'll just wait and see.   IF we don't make a sensible move, then at the end of the day, all we did was make a trade that didn't benefit us none.    Bud will miss having that steady hand to go to when Dennis is out there lost or when Dennis is out there thinking about only himself. 

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

IN the end, we don't know why they traded Teague.  A lot of speculation is that Teague wanted to Leave.   A lot of speculation is that people think that Bud thought that Dennis was better (even though the numbers don't bear this out).   The problem is this...  We weakened ourselves at a position of strength.    That would have been good if we had a surefire plan to fix our place of weakness but so far, we drafted a guy we could have gotten at 21 and then we cleared space to bring back Baze.   I hope it's true that we're also getting Deng but there are so many things that have to go right for any of that to happen so we'll just wait and see.   IF we don't make a sensible move, then at the end of the day, all we did was make a trade that didn't benefit us none.    Bud will miss having that steady hand to go to when Dennis is out there lost or when Dennis is out there thinking about only himself. 

You don't know any more about being able to get Prince at 21 than you could have guessed Skal and Davis would still be available at 21. Pure speculation.

The draft is fluid, at the end of the day, we ended up with two players we like.  Maybe we tried to trade back a little and still take Prince; but no where near the 20s as you would like to suggest.

IMO Boston takes the 3 and D player at 16. That is my speculation, just as its yours they do not and seven other teams pass on him as well between 13 and 20. Pure speculation from both of us.

What we do know is we thought more of Prince at 12 than anyone else in the draft. That's pretty good stuff in my opinion.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Their per 36 numbers wasn't that close DS17 was much better and don't forget about the  defense of side of the ball were DS17 was much much much better than Teague an with him getting more minutes the defense should be even better. 

23 minutes ago, LikejRod29 said:

Their per 36 numbers wasn't that close DS17 was much better and don't forget about the  defense of side of the ball were DS17 was much much much better than Teague an with him getting more minutes the defense should be even better. 

Basketball reference has Schröder at 19,5 points, 7.8 assist, and 4.5 boards per 36, Teague at 19.8 points, 7.5 assist, and 3.4 boards per 36. Not that big a change offensively. One more rebound a game could be huge; especially for a weak rebounding team like ours. If all five starting positions just improved one defensive board a game we would be the top one or two  team in rebounding instead of the seventh worse.

I don't expect that kind of improvement, but just adding 2 more boards a game over a 82 game season would be a huge stride in the right direction. With Dennis, and our two good rebounding wings we just added, maybe we can get that 2 board a game improvement in the near future.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Teague was lost a lot on the defense side of the ball but no one wants to point out that. Teague has been garbage  defensively . He was a ball watcher that lost his man all the time or left his man too wide open. STOP THROWING SHADE DS17 WAY and if he's thinking about himself, as long as those shots go in the basket than its find with me. Milsap Thinks about himself too an puts up  terrible shots looking for the official to bail him out Or making a bad pass which end up being a turnover. An only God know what those draft pick and this team is  going to do  partner. 

Edited by LikejRod29

47 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You don't know any more about being able to get Prince at 21 than you could have guessed Skal and Davis would still be available at 21. Pure speculation.

The draft is fluid, at the end of the day, we ended up with two players we like.  Maybe we tried to trade back a little and still take Prince; but no where near the 20s as you would like to suggest.

IMO Boston takes the 3 and D player at 16. That is my speculation, just as its yours they do not and seven other teams pass on him as well between 13 and 20. Pure speculation from both of us.

What we do know is we thought more of Prince at 12 than anyone else in the draft. That's pretty good stuff in my opinion.

Great point cuz 

20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Basketball reference has Schröder at 19,5 points, 7.8 assist, and 4.5 boards per 36, Teague at 19.8 points, 7.5 assist, and 3.4 boards per 36. Not that big a change offensively. One more rebound a game could be huge; especially for a weak rebounding team like ours. If all five starting positions just improved one defensive board a game we would be the top one or two  team in rebounding instead of the seventh worse.

I don't expect that kind of improvement, but just adding 2 more boards a game over a 82 game season would be a huge stride in the right direction. With Dennis, and our two good rebounding wings we just added, maybe we can get that 2 board a game improvement in the near future.

Okay partner pull up the stats for the  defense side of ball when DS17 on the court his 20 minutes And Teague 28 minutes . Which one looks better too you. 

2 minutes ago, LikejRod29 said:

Okay partner pull up the stats for the  defense side of ball when DS17 on the court his 20 minutes And Teague 28 minutes . Which one looks better too you. 

Schröder is better defensively. I already agreed with that several times and rebounds is a defensive category. When people mention scoring is when I disagree. Scoring wise its a wash. My opinion of Schröder is he is not afraid of the moment. I don't think Dennis has any fear in that regard; whereas sometimes I think Teague preferred to defer during the fourth quarter of a game.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

IN the end, we don't know why they traded Teague.  

Yes we do. There is a reason he was on the trade block this past trade deadline. It was time to move on and get younger and more athletic on the wing (per Wes).  Having a capable backup made it easier to move on.

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes we do. There is a reason he was on the trade block this past trade deadline. It was time to move on and get younger and more athletic on the wing (per Wes).  Having a capable backup made it easier to move on.

I just want to ask you how you stay so patient answer the same questions over and over and over again? Seriously, I need to learn to be more patient.