Hawks in on Durant and Howard

DS5

39 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

That is just b.s. speculation. How does he know Bud had no plans to pursue Durant in the first place? Al is going no where

My recollection was that Durant expressed an interest in playing with Al Horford.  That might be incentive enough for him to consider us seriously.

Edited by Watchman

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rick is one of the least knowledgeable guys in NBA staff position. Dude knows less than me who's not even employed by the NBA. I will reach out to my guy tomorrow. He didn't answer my call earlier. I need to know if this Durant stance is true.

Yeah, people have to stop listening to anything Kamla says.  He has no sources and is closer to a joke in the NBA community than a person who's opinions are worth repeating.

Yea I realized that awhile ago when Dukes was saying way more credible shit than him when they were on together.  Some of these guys are goofballs that dude in the morning Fricke or whatever - we got to get better ppl on that station, I do like all the guys that came from the zone though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

Yea I realized that awhile ago when Dukes was saying way more credible shit than him when they were on together.  Some of these guys are goofballs that dude in the morning Fricke or whatever - we got to get better ppl on that station, I do like all the guys that came from the zone though

Mike Bell? Dude is clueless when it comes to basketball and Hawks. He's really entertaining though.

12 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Don't.  Listen. Shawty.

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, people have to stop listening to anything Kamla says.  He has no sources and is closer to a joke in the NBA community than a person who's opinions are worth repeating.

Seems like those type of so called journalists started coming out of the woodwork more frequently a couple of weeks before the draft.  

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

Is that a shot at the Stews?   Disappointing if so. 

Where did you get that from that?  I love(d) the Stews.  Their unceremonious departure was a big reason I don't listen to Atlanta sports radio anymore.

Geez, Hawkit.  That's a turnover on your box score.  You threw that one into the stands. :hmm:

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rick is one of the least knowledgeable guys in NBA staff position. Dude knows less than me who's not even employed by the NBA. I will reach out to my guy tomorrow. He didn't answer my call earlier. I need to know if this Durant stance is true.

You know what to do to get him to talk, right???

untouchables.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Stews were great for entertainment and I enjoyed them but as local hosts, they sucked. They should be on ESPN or FS1

They didn't stink anymore than anybody else on radio stunk.  There's dudes who've been on air for over a decade suckin' up the joint and the Stews didn't deserve another opportunity?  Why you gotta get me started, Supers?  Why?  Huh?  I'm shaking my fist in the air at you so hard! :argh:

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They didn't stink anymore than anybody else on radio stunk.  There's dudes who've been on air for over a decade suckin' up the joint and the Stews didn't deserve another opportunity?  Why you gotta get me started, Supers?  Why?  Huh?  I'm shaking my fist in the air at you so hard! :argh:

Lol, I missed them. I don't live in Atlanta anymore but I still listen to 92.9 at times at work.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have to chime in on this. What other options where Durant would be the main guy and have all star level  help?  New York? I don't see it. With them acquiring Rose they have a "big" 3..... remember there's only one basketball. That same argument can be used with GS. Honestly, the only team that has the best chance to sign him is OKC. What other team could offer a Horford and Millsap type of line up? When asked what would be a key factor on his decision Durant said "I just wanna have fun playing ball". This system is perfect for Durant. So no, I won't verbalize negative comments about Durant and the Hawks. 

TRUE TO ATLANTA  needs to start with the radio talking heads. I've stopped listening due to so much negative comments made about the home teams. Why is it that all these guys aren't from Georgia, but doing Atlanta sports talk radio?  SMH.  NBA  TV studios is in  Atlanta, yet the Hawks get no respect. Makes me think that there's an agenda.

• Like 2

I only listen to chuck and chernoff. They know they're just glorified fans(except Chuck and college football) and they act like it. 

Every other show acts like they're some kind of legitamite journalist, when in all reality, they know less than us. 

Never the less, sports radio pisses me off. It's your JOB to know the industry and yet the fans that listen to you have to correct you all the time. 

3 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

I have to chime in on this. What other options where Durant would be the main guy and have all star level  help?  New York? I don't see it. With them acquiring Rose they have a "big" 3..... remember there's only one basketball. That same argument can be used with GS. Honestly, the only team that has the best chance to sign him is OKC. What other team could offer a Horford and Millsap type of line up? When asked what would be a key factor on his decision Durant said "I just wanna have fun playing ball". This system is perfect for Durant. So no, I won't verbalize negative comments about Durant and the Hawks. 

TRUE TO ATLANTA  needs to start with the radio talking heads. I've stopped listening due to so much negative comments made about the home teams. Why is it that all these guys aren't from Georgia, but doing Atlanta sports talk radio?  SMH.  NBA  TV studios is in  Atlanta, yet the Hawks get no respect. Makes me think that there's an agenda.

Agreed.  Look, I know they don't have to cater to ATL teams.  I know they're not from here but this is the market paying your bills (and gambling debts probably) so would it kill you to have a bit of a pro-Atlanta slant?  Hell, every other market does it.

Rant on. 

Theres no one in sports I hate more than "Sports Sandra". She plays the girl power card ALL THE TIME which I agree with, howevvahhh the only reason she has that job is because she's a woman....She knows absolutely nothing outside of the braves. No way a man gets by not knowing anything about football or basketball. 

• Like 2